X98 Pro OTG Charger

X98 Pro OTG Charger

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro OTG Charger

This topic contains 41 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Pál Bakula 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Andi Lam
    Participant

has anyone found a OTG hub that will charge the x98 pro at the same time? (i am 90% certain I wanna buy the x98 pro, this would be the deal breaker:))

thanks

Andi

Sam Parr
    Participant

Hey chap,

I’ve been using this over the last few days and its spot on! 3 days to arrive, no problems at all.

Enjoy!

Andi Lam
    Participant

sam

I wanted to know if you can hook up a usb wireless keyboard and mouse, the charge it at the same time. Chris did mention that his hub wasn’t charging the x98 pro.

Ta Matey

Chris G
    Keymaster

sam

I wanted to know if you can hook up a usb wireless keyboard and mouse, the charge it at the same time. Chris did mention that his hub wasn’t charging the x98 pro.

Ta Matey

I think someone will have to come up with a Cherry Trail / X98 Pro specific OTG charger for us. Not being able to charge when using the usb port is a bit of an issue.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

William
    Participant

The one I have works fine.  its one of the cheapest ones on eBay.  will charge at 9 watts when plugged into the power supply.  or 2.5 if plugged into a USB port, which means that it wont actually charge, just expend the life.

It needs to be plugged in while no USB devices are attached, preferably with a USB ammeter as well, as sometimes I’ve had to unplug and pug it back in to get the faster charging speeds. but k can reliably get 9w of charging, with the ability to use 3 USB ports at the same time.  which is fantastic.  I’ve been testing it out for a couple of days and it works really well.   even had a usb3 USB plugged in at the same time as a wireless keyboard and mouse, and the tablet still charges at a decent rate. It actually pulls more power from the USB charger as you add more USB devices.

Andi Lam
    Participant

william can u upload a image of it please?

William
    Participant

its one of these:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/2044564431_1/4-Port-Micro-Usb-Power-Charging-Otg-Hub-Cable-For-Laptop-Smartphone-Table-1PC-Free-Shipping.jpg

in the “charge” position, it will charge the tablet, and also give you access to the USB ports,  when its in the OTG position, you cant charge.

i also found that you need to plug it into power with no USB devices plugged in, and its best to plug it in with a USB volt/ammeter as sometimes it only charges at 2.4watts  but if you plug it in, and unplug it a few times, it’ll go up to 6 watts on most USB battery packs.

when i have plugged it into the charger it came with, i’ve seen it get up to 9.6 watts. which is just about 2 amps. which was quite nice.
    i’m using it at the moment from a USB battery pack,  its charging at 6.7 watts.  and i’ve been using it for 1:30 hours.
    in the last 1:30 hours, the battery has gone down by 2%.  i think if i were to plug it into the actual power brick for the wall, it would still charge the tablet while using it.
    (i currently am writing a lab report in a word document with images, and i have microsoft edge and google chrome and microsoft word open.)

Chris G
    Keymaster

when its in the OTG position, you cant charge.

The goal is to find one that will charge and give us the use of the USB ports. So charging and OTG at the same time. I have one that works on the CHuwi’s and X98 Air series, but not this Pro.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Lamont Johnson
    Participant

It needs to be plugged in while no USB devices are attached, preferably with a USB ammeter as well, as sometimes I’ve had to unplug and pug it back in to get the faster charging speeds. but k can reliably get 9w of charging, with the ability to use 3 USB ports at the same time.  which is fantastic.  I’ve been testing it out for a couple of days and it works really well.   even had a usb3 USB plugged in at the same time as a wireless keyboard and mouse, and the tablet still charges at a decent rate. It actually pulls more power from the USB charger as you add more USB devices.

Wait is William saying that you only have to begin with nothing plugged in, but it then continues charging as you use USB devices with it?

Sam Parr
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, mine works fine with charging, keyboard and mouse, oh and an xbox controller, all at the same time.

The only time it wont charge is when it gets to a really really hot state after gaming, it will just simply hold the battery at its current level.

Henrik Swennergren
    Participant

Hi Sam!

Do you have a link to the one you are using?

Kamal
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, mine works fine with charging, keyboard and mouse, oh and an xbox controller, all at the same time. The only time it wont charge is when it gets to a really really hot state after gaming, it will just simply hold the battery at its current level.

Yes, link please 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply, mine works fine with charging, keyboard and mouse, oh and an xbox controller, all at the same time. The only time it wont charge is when it gets to a really really hot state after gaming, it will just simply hold the battery at its current level.

Yes, I second that. A link would be great so I can get one and use my X98 Pro as a desktop for longer.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

William
    Participant

@chris,

charge = otg + charging.

Otg = otg only.

I use it to charge my tablet while using a keyboard and mouse, and a usb3 USB stick and it works fine.  charging at quite a fast rate if you use the charger it came with.

Sam Parr
    Participant

Sorry, I thought I had posted the link in the first comment I made!

I was using it last night in my car with a bit of gaming (not driving obviously), it was charging fine off the 12 Charger I have (2.5a) with my xbox controller plugged in.

http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-4-Port-Micro-USB-OTG-Charger-HUB-Cable-For-Tablet-Phone-wp-Uk-975460.html

To be honest, I thought it was the one you had Chris…? Ignore the instructions the supplier gives for what settings, I think setting 1 is for charging + devices and setting 2 is for no charge, just devices (or vice versa)…but it works good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password