X98 Pro OTG Charger

X98 Pro OTG Charger

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro OTG Charger

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Sam Parr
    Participant

Just to confirm (image attached)

Charging + USB 3.0 3TB Drive + WIFI USB Dongle (closest thing I could find)…

Teclast X98 Pro….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

@samussamus1 Thanks for the link! Okay, it looks very similar to mine. But ever so slightly different. I’ll order one of these as mine just gives up charging after 1-2 minutes, with charging my X98 Pro will get a lot of use now. Still really enjoying the tablet despite people thinking I hate it due to the heat issues. Going back to the bay trail tablets and 2GB of RAM I can see the difference straight away, the X98 Pro is much quicker once you’re running a few games and programs. And you can’t beat that IGZO screen, it looks so nice.

With this OTG and charging at the same time I can use it as a low powered 2560 x 1440p desktop, instead of powering up my 600+watt desktop.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Sam Parr
    Participant

No problem, I hope it works for you too! I think the Tablet stops charging with any charger at a certain temperature (pretty much impossible to touch hot).

But as you seen, the OTG cable works with mine whilst charging, charges fast too, doesn’t seem to lose any power through the converter.

But yes, much cheaper on the electricity bill 😉 I’m still wary of ditching my Laptop though as there are still so many bugs on the X98 Pro, I really don’t want to have to send it back.

Kamal
    Participant

But yes, much cheaper on the electricity bill ? I’m still wary of ditching my Laptop though as there are still so many bugs on the X98 Pro, I really don’t want to have to send it back.

Can you tell us more about these “so many bugs” please apart from the heat issues?

Thanks

Sam Parr
    Participant

Of course 🙂

Display Driver Crashing

Tablet now waking from sleep

Randomly shutting off when gaming (won’t turn on till charger has been plugged in, even if battery is almost full)

When waking, sometimes the display is the wrong way around and the touch screen inverts, making it a puzzle to unlock

There are more, but I’m tired and can’t think too well! Hopefully updates fix this, but the lack of updates so far doesn’t bring me much hope, the bugs are obvious, many people are having them.

Milosz
    Participant

100% agree…. I can add couple more …. like wick speakers ( have to use DFX audio to increase  sound-software  problem… speakers looks fine) when battery is around 5-10% U can’t switch ON tablet on charger ,touch screen also in not very responsive  compare to IOS or android (win 10 is good but bad same time),  scrolling  problems… performances and screen is cool-only overheating problem… battery life is average, bluetooth mouse (device) during WiFi downloading/usage getting crazy (lag)…. confirm by my wife…she don’t understand how I can use this device:) my score for this tab is 6/10….

Sam Parr
    Participant

I have all of the above too, bluetooth doesnt work for gaming either, just cuts out and everything needs to be rebooted in order to connect again.
    The WiFi and Bluetooth also badly causes problems when both in use.

Glad I’m not the only one with all these problems!

Kamal
    Participant

Well, that’s the feedback I’ve been waiting for… These issues can be really problematic on a daily use of the tablet.

Looks like I’ll skip this one and wait for a more optimized tablet.

Thanks!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sorry, I thought I had posted the link in the first comment I made! I was using it last night in my car with a bit of gaming (not driving obviously), it was charging fine off the 12 Charger I have (2.5a) with my xbox controller plugged in. http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-4-Port-Micro-USB-OTG-Charger-HUB-Cable-For-Tablet-Phone-wp-Uk-975460.html To be honest, I thought it was the one you had Chris…? Ignore the instructions the supplier gives for what settings, I think setting 1 is for charging + devices and setting 2 is for no charge, just devices (or vice versa)…but it works good.

Just got mine today, the same one from BG. Took a long time to come and it shipped from the UK. But the good news it works, I use switch post #2 and this is working fine. Can now use the tablet as a desktop and not worry about the battery running out on me.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Shade
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation. I ordered a couple with the same SKU from the non EU specific site – which even had US stock. Should be here next week if all goes as planned.

I tried the octopus style one listed further up here and it sorta almost works. It ~does~ work but doesn’t pass enough current to charge the tablet for me – even with all the peripherals on their own power. Sometimes doesn’t work at all. I haven’t figured out what the pattern is to it but it seems to depend on which charger I’m using. Get’s wicked hot, too. I hope this one works better because its kinda cool having the X98 pro hooked up to a hub with external monitor and ethernet. 🙂

Miguel Santos
    Participant

Found these one guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201448094363

Shabs
    Participant

Just received my X98 Pro  from Banggood. Thank you Chris for the reviews. Helped me make my decision to purchase. Was looking to pick one of these hubs up but looks like they’ve gone out of stock now.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

@Chris in your youtube movie you specifically say the WORKING hub looks exactly like one you have that does not work. But the working hub has distinct white plastic inside the USB connectors. Yet in this forum the Banggood link goes to a hub where the usb ports are BLACK.

So I own 4 different hubs and cables now, none of them work. Its 25$ of useless devices so I like to know can you send us the exact SKU number you ordered?

Chris G
    Keymaster

@Chris in your youtube movie you specifically say the WORKING hub looks exactly like one you have that does not work. But the working hub has distinct white plastic inside the USB connectors. Yet in this forum the Banggood link goes to a hub where the usb ports are BLACK. So I own 4 different hubs and cables now, none of them work. Its 25$ of useless devices so I like to know can you send us the exact SKU number you ordered?

That’s the one I got that worked in the end: http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-4-Port-Micro-USB-OTG-Charger-HUB-Cable-For-Tablet-Phone-wp-Uk-975460.html right from this post here. I know the one I got has white USB ports and the one in BG shows black, no idea why. But this is the one that works on my X98 Pro. The one with black ports, the first one I got works on my X98 Air 3G and Chuwi Hi8, but not the X98 Pro. No idea why, something different internally on how it’s wired up.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

mooms
    Participant

I can confirm that this one works with X98 Pro:

http://www.banggood.com/4-Port-Micro-USB-OTG-Charger-HUB-Cable-For-Tablet-Phone-p-975460.html

Indeed the ports are white.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar