X98 Pro OTG Charger

X98 Pro OTG Charger

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro OTG Charger

This topic contains 41 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Pál Bakula 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Jens Cramer
    Participant

I got this charger from eBay and it works generally:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271831521428

Problem is that I can’t get enough juice inside the tablet to charge it while using. Under Windows it shows that a charger is connected but it still looses some percent per hour. I’m using the original charger that came with the X98 Pro. Connected to the OTG hub is a second USB hub (externaly powered) with keyboard, mouse, ethernet adapter and USB speakers plugged in.

Anybody else with a similar problem?

Thanks!

Chris
    Participant

Same with mine,

I have this one and it doesn’t give enough charge to keep the tablet charged just extends the life.

Better than nothing I suppose

Can anyone elses actually charge the tablet with usb devices connected?

JaviBull
    Participant

A newbie cuestión: with this USB Hub, would it be possible to connect an external hard drive? Is there any way to do so? Thanks guys!

Chris G
    Keymaster

A newbie cuestión: with this USB Hub, would it be possible to connect an external hard drive? Is there any way to do so? Thanks guys!

Yes using this hub, or a power USB hub. The port alone can’t power 2.5″ drives. Mine just clicks on and off all the time, but with the hub and a 5v MicroUSB cable power it it works fine 40mb/s read and writes.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

trebor
    Participant

Found this on Ebay OTG USB hub than can also charge,

This is from the Ebay site. and working well here

There is a YouTube video showing the usage of OTG HUB. Please search “OTG HUB” on YouTube.
    This is a OTG HUB with charging function for your tablet or smart phone by using the original power.
    It can charge your tablet or smart phone as you are using the USB devices.
    It is a HUB with 4 ports to connect 4 USB devices such as mouse, keyboard, USB drive…
    Many  tablet or smart phone could use the charging function of this product,
    while only a small part of the android tablets or smart phones couldn’t do this.

Feature:
    1.Size(Approx.):16mm*19mm*96mm/0.63″*0.75″*3.78″
    2. OTG and charge at the same time.
    3. compatible with most tablet pc windows system in the market.
    4. with free micro usb to usb adapter, also use for desktop and laptop as a 4-ports hub.
    If you have 2 or 3 tablets and laptops with different model, you can resolve many problems only buy this universal otg hub.
    Our hub is with 3 switchs, Below models are tested ok, if your model is not in the list, please confirm with us before you buy.

Switch 1 can use for below models.
    for Asus VivoTab Note 8 / M80ta(otg+maintain power,charge sign will be disappeared)
    for Asus T100ta(otg+charge, charge sign will be disappeared, but in fact it is charged)
    for Acer W4-820
    for Lenovo Miix 2  8

Switch 2 can use for below models.
    for Dell V8P Venue 8 pro
    for Asus ME-400C
    for Teclast X98 3G, X98Air, X98 Air 3G, X98 Air II,X89H,X89HD,X80H,X90HD.
    for Onda V975I(win 8.1 system)
    for Onda V819I(win 8.1 system)
    for Onda V891W(win 9.1 system)
    for Cube iwork 7, iwork 8
    for Chuwi VI8, VX8 3G(win 8.1 system),V10HD.
    for Livefan F8C
    for Ramos i8pro
    for Ployer momo8w
    for Pipo W4, W5,W2F
    for Vido W8C
    for IFIVE MX2
    for Pioneer W10
    for Colorful I818W
    for HP Stream 7
    for Lenovo miix 3.

Switch 3 can use for below models.
    for Toshiba WT8
    for Lenovo thinkpad 8.

This hub also can use for below model(keep swtich 2)
    for Samsung mobile(S3, S4, Note 2 , Note 3, GALAXY J, N5100, Tab S – T800)
    for SONY LT18i
    for VIVO xplay3s
    for MOTO XT928

This hub does not support Android system if its not on our list. Ramos i9s Onda V961W and Onda V919 3G air can not use this hub.
    Please read below before buying. and also don’t forget to remark your tablet Model No. if your tablet is WT8 and Thinkpad8.
    If you find your tablet can’t OTG+Charge at the same, please press the power key of your tablet and hold at least 10 seconds to force shut down your tablet.
    and then restart it and connect the hub again, you can use.

Luc Bouchard
    Participant

I have one and it’s working great.

jukka
    Participant

My OTG hub charges 2.4A at win10 and boot to android 0.5A. After short unplug from charger 1.7A to almost full battery.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-usb-OTG-Charger-HUB-cable-for-Tablet-PC-thinkpad-8-X98-M80ta-WT-8-Miix2/2038609573.html

Charger: Tronsmart TS-UC5PC
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221866507066

TAEL
    Participant

@chris in your youtube movie you specifically say the WORKING hub looks exactly like one you have that does not work. But the working hub has distinct white plastic inside the USB connectors. Yet in this forum the Banggood link goes to a hub where the usb ports are BLACK. So I own 4 different hubs and cables now, none of them work. Its 25$ of useless devices so I like to know can you send us the exact SKU number you ordered?

That’s the one I got that worked in the end: http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-4-Port-Micro-USB-OTG-Charger-HUB-Cable-For-Tablet-Phone-wp-Uk-975460.html right from this post here. I know the one I got has white USB ports and the one in BG shows black, no idea why. But this is the one that works on my X98 Pro. The one with black ports, the first one I got works on my X98 Air 3G and Chuwi Hi8, but not the X98 Pro. No idea why, something different internally on how it’s wired up.

Would you mind please test this hub on Teclast X98 Plus and see it charges or not?

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

do not know why but hardly charge the battery. if I use the tablet while it is only a connected mouse, but put this charging the battery is spent, do not know why. Not if that does not get enough food, but do not charge anything, even the battery is spent):

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

I feel the same

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

I got this charger from eBay and it works generally: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271831521428 Problem is that I can’t get enough juice inside the tablet to charge it while using. Under Windows it shows that a charger is connected but it still looses some percent per hour. I’m using the original charger that came with the X98 Pro. Connected to the OTG hub is a second USB hub (externaly powered) with keyboard, mouse, ethernet adapter and USB speakers plugged in. Anybody else with a similar problem? Thanks!

i feel the same

Pál Bakula
    Participant

Could somebody who owns a working hub measure the resistor between pin4 (sense) and pin5(GND) and between pin4 and pin1(VCC) of the USB connector. (The second measurement is expected to be infinite ohms.) I’d like to try to make my own Y-cable. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password