[FIXED] YEPO 737a missing eMMC [but Not Solved]

[FIXED] YEPO 737a missing eMMC [but Not Solved]

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion [FIXED] YEPO 737a missing eMMC [but Not Solved]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Hello to everyone,

I’m posting this here because I couldn´t find any YEPO forum. Now to the real matter. I got my YEPO 737A on January 2018. Today in the morning I powered on my laptop and it got stick on “American Megatrends” screen about 1 or 2 minutes later I hit del key and only after 1 or 2 minutes I got in BIOS UEFI screen.

img1. Had to wait so far 2 minutes to enter to the UEFI BIOS

Then, I realized that eMMC was missing in BIOS BOOT MENU, so I used a WIN10 flash image and hit DISKPART. Effectively, I can see the 58GB eMMC  but nothing more, couldn´t modify partitions on it.

img2. Boot menu shows 2 boot options, my Generic Card Reader and Built in UEFI

After hours of forum lecture,  I decided that flashing new UEFI could be a good solution, so I successfully flashed a new .rom for my UEFI following steps from here

img3. Flahing new UEFI was ok

At the end this didn’t solve my problem. Now I’m trying to install a fresh Win10 and eMMC appear in the installation menu but it can not be formatted nor create new partitions, the same problem with DISKPART.

img4. Free space is there but can’t format nor create partitions

img5. When a try to create any kind of partition with DISKPART, I get this error.

One think that is remarkable is the speed to load the successive WIN10 installations screen, it last an eternity, and the same issue in the splash screen – BIOS sequence. It seems like RAM speed felt down.

At this point I have to admit I feel like I’m in a dead end street. So guys if you have any idea or suggestion to solve this I’ll really appreciate that.

Edit 1: I was able to run a GPARTED image, but can create partition table, or read, or create new partitions over dev/mmcblk1. The same, disk is there but “input/output error dure read” all the time.

img6. This leads me to think maybe eMMC is broken.

Things I’ve tried so far:

1. Flash other .rom
    2. Reflash original backed .rom
    3. Checked chipset -> SCC configuration
    4. Boot WIN10 and tried install, repair, search for old win installs, etc..
    5. Tried DISKPART: Can’t create new partitions but eMMC is there
    6. Tried GPARTED, same as DISKPART also can’t create partition table
    7. Tried reset BIOS by disconecting battery and pushing POWER button for 1 minute
    8. Tried GPARTED tools as testdisk, nothing.
    9.  Also tried this

Keep searching for solution to this.

Update 16/4/2018

I’ve disabled eMMC support in SCC menu resulting in that insane lag (5- 15 minutes sometimes) have gone off!!! This reaffirm my suspects  that eMMC got corrupted or something like that and system was laggy because trying to read eMMC all the time.

img7. eMMC support disables =  end of the f%cking lag.

However, now I can’t load driver for micro SD Card reader from Win10 installation menu. This makes me think that if (on an hypothetical scenary) I’m able to install Win10 on a ssd m2. maybe the microsd card reader will not work.

img8. Now I can NOT install microSD car reader driver.

In the other hand,  GearBest replied to mi ticket asking for a full refund and offered 3 options you can see below. Sadly the just offer a 30USD partial refund (I know, it sucks).

ima9. GB reply

Right now I’m thinking on take those 30 bucks and buy a Kingspec ssd m2. 120 Gb on Aliexpress and try to install Win10 there, but I dunno if BIOS will recognize this drive.

So guys, if someone who read this have a ssd m2 and can test disabling eMMC support on SSC and boot from SSD would help me a lot.

Update 19/04/2018

I just got the refund 30USD. Time to look for a sdd M2. Looking around the forum I can see a considerable number of users experiencing issues with ssd’s. I better read some recommendations or reviews first.

Update 26/4/2018

Finally I decided put 30 bucks more on the table and buy a Transcend MTS400S 128GB, I have read many issues about Kingspec issues in this forum so for this time I’m not going to throw the dices. Windows 10 install was ok and all drivers updated automatically. The good news are Micro SD reader is working  properly and I get decent SSD speeds.

img9.  Windows 10 installing process and Read/Write speed test for Transcend MTS400

To conclude, I hope this post could help to everyone who is dealing with same issues I was.  I’m gonna mark this as FIXED but Not Solved because after all, I could not use internal eMMC any more.  In case of futures issues, will be posted Here.

Update 8/5/2018

Well, I have been experiencing some issues at W10 booting.  EFI Shell screen shows from time to time and today I realized that SSD is not detected by BIOS sometimes. It  seems this is a common issue with this netbooks.

alex
    Participant

i have the same laptop but i can’t help u…. you seems more skilled than me

Giovanni
    Participant

If you type exit (followed by enter) in the EFI shell what does it do?

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

If you type exit (followed by enter) in the EFI shell what does it do?

Hello @Giovanni,  after type “exit” and hit enter, this happens:

1. Screen goes black, but blue power led stays on for 5 minutes.
    2. Then EFI Shell screen shows again.

I dunno why is the same lag (4-5) AMI BIOS initial screen – UEFI/BIOS sequence.

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Hello @alex,

Thanks for your comment, I’ll PM you if I work out more ideas.

Giovanni
    Participant

Have you tried to open the PC and disconnect the battery for a while?

BTW if you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly 🙂

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Have you tried to open the PC and disconnect the battery for a while? BTW if you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly ?

Hello @thegiolly , yes I’ve tried that. As I said on my last update, I think maybe the problem is in the eMMc, maybe got corrupted. If you have a m2 ssd maybe  you can help me whit this:

So guys, if someone who read this have a ssd m2 and can test disabling eMMC support on SSC and boot from SSD would help me a lot.

And of course, if you have another idea I’m open to try it.

Chupa
    Participant

can you boot from a usb image (rufus etc)?

than take the 30$ and install a m.2

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

can you boot from a usb image (rufus etc)?

Yes, I can boot from WIN10 installer and GPARTED image.

Chupa
    Participant

than the solution is simple, see edited post above

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

@chupa Yes I’m gonna take that way and update first post as soon as I get the ssd m2. and bring this issue to end.

fabcoucou
    Participant

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried to install W10 with ssd and without emmc (in the bios).

I have a lot of problems to install W10.

Now it’s ok but sometimes after the boot, it’s impossible to have W10. I have to reboot may times the Yepo !

What have you say to Gearbest ?
    <pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-medium” data-placeholder=”Traduction” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>I have not yet written them</span>.
    Thank’s

fabcoucou
    Participant

Hello Mauro,

just a precision, I don’t have make bios update.

Where have you found the update and how have you make this?

Thnak’s a lot

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. I have tried to install W10 with ssd and without emmc (in the bios). I have a lot of problems to install W10. Now it’s ok but sometimes after the boot, it’s impossible to have W10. I have to reboot may times the Yepo ! What have you say to Gearbest ? <pre id=”tw-target-text” class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-medium” data-placeholder=”Traduction” data-fulltext=””><span lang=”en”>I have not yet written them</span>. Thank’s

Hello @fabcoucou .  It’s seem this is a recurrent issue on YEPO’s. It would be nice if you upload some pictures showing your computer’s issues. By the way, what brand/model sdd are you using? What kind of issues did you have installing WIN10? Actually, I’m planing install WIN10 on a SDD as you did, so all the information about your issues is valuable.

My original BIOS was unlocked. However, I downloaded a .rom from this post and flashed an EzBook BIOS image (didn’t solve anything). If you decide flash your BIOS do it on your own risk. At the end, I decided go back to my original BIOS (I had made a backup before)

Answering your main question, I opened a ticket in GB website and wrote about all the issues the computer have, then they asked me to send images and videos describing the issues. One day after sent all the evidence, they replied what you can read in the image in the main post. Now I’m still looking forward for the refund.

edit: Refund received

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

@fabcoucou have you tried installing this driver??? (first you mus install certificate included in .rar)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar