Lets make a survey: who has the tablet working fine and who has problems?

Lets make a survey: who has the tablet working fine and who has problems?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Lets make a survey: who has the tablet working fine and who has problems?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Gábor Ember
    Participant

I got my Hi10 a week ago, so far I only had some minor problems. It turned off once while having about 10-15 Edge tabs open. I could turn it back on without any issues. My other problems is that the battery seems to charge faster while the tablet is powered on and sleeping than turned off. Charging for about 6 hours at night powered off did not recharge the battery. Powered on it got to 100% in about 4-5 hours. After sleep the wifi says no internet connection, I have to turn the wifi off/on to fix it, but that is not a big deal. Generally these issues don’t bother me.

I like the screen a lot, it is really sharp and so bright that usually I use it at 25%. The sound is OK with the equalizer turned off. The 3.5mm audio out is really good, I used headphones and pc speakers with it. Bluetooth audio works without problems too.

General operation speed is really good, multitasking works flawlessly, the eMMC storage is fast enough considering it is just eMMC.

It took me a day to set everything to my language, the whole system was originally chinese. Now all text and region setting are Hungarian so it is not locked to China regional settings. I had to set every little setting to hungarian because otherwise the windows store displayed all apps in their chinese name.

For the price it is a really neat device.

seeayesix
    Participant

My tablet is working pretty well. The Bluetooth is very weak though, can’t use it to stream audio to my Cambridge Audio Go V2.

There’s also a buzz when I use my headphones in the 3,5mm jack…and I’ve managed to scratch the display, although I’ve been super careful (Banggood tablets have no screen protection applied)

Gwolf
    Participant

I have the chuwi since last week. I have problems at first (when I plugged a USB 3.0 it turns of and screen flickering)but I update the bios and now its working good. I don’t tested a TF yet. My only problem is to find a keyboard distribution that has accent.

amacar
    Participant

My tablet is working pretty well. The Bluetooth is very weak though, can’t use it to stream audio to my Cambridge Audio Go V2. There’s also a buzz when I use my headphones in the 3,5mm jack…and I’ve managed to scratch the display, although I’ve been super careful (Banggood tablets have no screen protection applied)

My and a from my friends banggods hi10s had screen protection applied (are you sure that you are withouth?), but I removed it, because picture is clearer now. But still don’t have any scratches on it, so you are not so careful, or just bad luck. About buzzing in headphones, I have same “problem” too.

Jorge Huaman
    Participant

I have the newer batch with 4GB RAM, 64 bit, and blue USB 3.0.  My tablet just died this week.  Can’t turn it back on.

Conscript
    Participant

I received my tablet with blue usb port recently. But it died. Once I tried to turn it on, the orange led started blinking. After that, it gave no signs of life. I suspect the battery wont charge anymore. There are more people with the same problems in the other topics.

Martijn
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I’m also the proud owner of a Chuwi Hi10 (blue USB / 64 bits version / ordered from banggood). I received it about a week ago. So far, I don’t have too many serious complaints. It feels reasonably snappy, there is a big difference in using MS Edge vs firefox though, edge is much more fluid.

– I had some trouble changing the windows display language from English to my native language (Dutch). For some reason the language pack failed to install properly through the regional settings menu. Eventually fixed it by manually downloading some .cab file and using the windows command ‘lpksetup.exe’.
    – I have a slight screen flicker every now and then, but I have not been brave enough yet to flash a new bios.
    – Wifi is somehwat unstable. Signal strength seems fine, but waking up from sleep the tablet either fails to connect properly (‘no internet’) and sometimes it won’t allow me to toggle the wifi adapter off/on. Maybe it’s a driver issue. Tends to get annoying a bit.
    – I can’t seem to pair properly with an el cheapo bluetooth keyboard. That may either be the el cheapo’s keyboards fault or maybe the default microsoft bluetooth stack isn’t optimal. It’s not a big deal really, I’ll order the dock eventually.
    – Inbuilt speakers are really really poor. It’s a bit better with the equaliser trick described on the forums, but I’d use it for notifications only. Headphones or a bluetooth speaker are advised when playing back media (my Earson ER151 paired fine over bluetooth, although it lags about half a second when playing back movies – it’s better to use the 3,5 jack).

I wouldn’t mind trying android on this thing, but it seems we may never see that dual boot feature. Support for Chuwi’s seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum, not many forums discussing this particular model in detail.

plun
    Participant

Hello from Sweden.

The tablet works ok for me, newer batch with the blue USB port. Weak bluetooth is annoying for me.

I am more a nerd (perhaps crazy?) and runs the Windows insider preview program (fast track), no problem for the moment (build 14291)

I found this russian thread with a lot of probably useful information. (using Google translate with Google Chrome)

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=692634

So far, so good!

EDIT bluetooth trouble solved with a usb-dongle! (just to disable onboard BT)

View post on imgur.com

Scoubidouille
    Participant

Hello from France!

I received my Hi10 (last model with W10 64bit and blue USB 3.0)  from Banggood 3 weeks ago and it’s running globally fine.

The only problems I encountered were:

1. one Blue Screen once, followed by a checkdisk that I was not able to interrupt (no keyboard!) but it rebooted fine.
    2. Sometimes, randomly, it wont’ boot, the Chuwi starting screen shows then vanishes and goes black. Just pushing again on the ON button makes it start again. Sometimes, it need to be pushed twice to really boot. Not so often to be annoying (roughly once every week till now). Just hoping it won’t go worse.
    3. Wifi transfer’ speed seems to be on the low end between a PC on my LAN and the tablet while watching a movie but I didn’t investigate it thoroughly yet, may be it has nothing to do with the tablet.
    4. The  only concern I have is about the 3.5 audio jack. When using it, I get a hum/hiss/buzz in the earphones the whole time, which is soon becoming the only thing on which your brain concentrates…! Need also more investigation and changing the earphones for another one.
    5. Using it mainly in my bed at night for reading PDF/epub,  browsing the Net or sometimes watching a movie from a NAS, with a screen at 0% brightness (!!!), the battery lasts between 7 to +8 hours which is fine to me.

All in all, I am very happy with this tablet and for the paid price.

Christophe Spy
    Participant

I was very happy but after 1 month my tablet is dead (version with blue USB 3.0), I can’t turn it back on (no replies from chuwi or gearbest)

Chris G
    Keymaster

For those with power on issues did you hold the power button down for 14 seconds at least. Let it charge overnight then hold it for 3-4 seconds and then keep tapping the power button it should come back to life.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Christophe Spy
    Participant

I think it did not work for me, but what do you mean exactly by : ” hold it for 3-4 seconds and then keep tapping the power button it should come back to life.”

jmc
    Participant

After  a bit more than 3 months my chuwi also died – currently I’m trying all possible solutions posted here, no luck so far. I will be  updating you, but honestly I don’t have much hope. Don’t buy Hi10, seriously!

jmc
    Participant

Okay so I disassembled the device and measured the voltage on the battery connector… It was around 2.7V (and it’s rated 3.7), same with or without the charger connected. I’m a bit worried because the output of the charger I used is 5.5V instead of 5, it shouldn’t be a problem in most cases but who knows if this piece of Chinese crap is sufficiently protected against such cases. And it was plugged in for a few days when I wasn’t using it.

Now I plugged a different charger in and the battery voltage is slowly going up, hopefully it just somehow got deeply discharged but not damaged before.

Edit: seems like the first charger really was the problem as it wouldn’t charge other devices too. I measured the 5.5V output on the plug but maybe the wire is broken somewhere (it’s separate ac plug and cable, I couldn’t really get to measure the micro USB end). If that’s really the casey tablet should be up and running soon… And it might very well be that I judged it prematurely.

Laura
    Participant

if you were able to measure 2.7v on the mainboard where the wires are soldered, then the battery doesn’t have an undervoltage protection

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar