EZbook Pro battery is smaller than it should be? 36480mWh instead of 48000mWh

EZbook Pro battery is smaller than it should be? 36480mWh instead of 48000mWh

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZbook Pro battery is smaller than it should be? 36480mWh instead of 48000mWh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lations
    Participant

I got my Ezbook Pro 3 yesterday, and firstly charged it for about 2-3 hours, at which point the LED on the laptop turned from red to green.

However, today, after using and draining battery to about 10%, I charged it a full 9 hours and the LED is still red. The laptop isn’t hot at all.

I’m SURE I wasn’t imagining the green LED yesterday, I know I saw it.

I just unplugged and turned on the laptop, and it was only at 40%! wtf? It’s been charging almost 9 hours!

Addtionally, both HWinfo and Batterybar report the designed capacity of the battery as 36480 mWh!?! Instead of the proper 48000 mWh

What the heck?!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sx C
    Participant

download batterybar to monitor the charge rate, best case scenario you just have a wonky charger.

If it is charging properly then download hwinfo(or any battery program) to monitor the voltage.

lations
    Participant

download batterybar to monitor the charge rate, best case scenario you just have a wonky charger. If it is charging properly then download hwinfo(or any battery program) to monitor the voltage.

It gets worse, see the updated OP

lations
    Participant

@chupa any thoughts about this? It seems very weird… Could they have actually put a smaller battery in my laptop?

Giovanni
    Participant

Try to make a full charge/discharge cycle

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Sx C
    Participant

36Wh is actually the real capacity, probably still a little over reported.

going by your full runtime estimate there does not appear to have a problem with the battery. you probably just have a really bad charger, it should charge at 10000-15000mWh when your battery is less than 50%.

lations
    Participant

36Wh is actually the real capacity, probably still a little over reported. going by your full runtime estimate there does not appear to have a problem with the battery. you probably just have a really bad charger, it should charge at 10000-15000mWh when your battery is less than 50%.

If that’s the real capacity, how come @sipart and @Norg posted in this other thread (https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/battery-life-2/page/2/) showing that it should be 48000 mWh?

If it’s just the charger that is charing slowly, that’s great news – I just need a new charger. But my main concern now is that the battery is actually smaller than it should be.

To update you, I did manage to charge it fully without any issues today – the LED even went green at full charge – and it charged up in normal time, so I have no idea why it was stuck on 40% yesterday.

But more imporantly….the battery size! Could they have actually put a smaller battery in my unit?

Chupa
    Participant

13″ models have smaller battery than 14″ models

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar