Chuwi VI10 PRO 64GB (Fix, Restore etc)

Chuwi VI10 PRO 64GB (Fix, Restore etc)

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi VI10 PRO 64GB (Fix, Restore etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Phillip
    Participant

If anyone is interested I am selling mine on ebay: http://r.ebay.com/263HqW

Here you go guys and girls. Hope this helps those of us that have a 64GB PRO version with S165C. Just a note to some people, my bios say Realtek but my working drivers once this is all installed are Broadcom.

Please let me know if this helped you out.

Firstly, the youtube video:

Secondly, when updating to windows 10 It had problems migrating data (accounts, apps etc) So I tried again without keeping anything and it updated fine and kept all the drivers. It even kept the touch driver, however touch wasn’t working. So when I went to the desktop I went into device manager and the new touch driver is there. So all I did was copy the icnfirmware.sys file to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers then rebooted and everything is working. You will also need to re-setup the Dual OS Switcher app again, in the same way as before.

Thirdly, Find the guide attached with download links:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RAJES
    Participant

great. Thank you bro.

Mogan Flame
    Participant

Hi, Firstly I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

THIS TUTORIAL GAVE MY TABLET LIFE!!!

THANK YOU.
    but I only have 1 problem.
    My WIFI still doesn’t work for windows, it does work for Android tho.

Phillip
    Participant

@ Mogan in “Device Manager” are there any error codes etc?

Mogan Flame
    Participant

@Phillip “Device Failed to start”

swanknation
    Participant

Thanks so much for all your hard work with this Phillip. Very much appreciated.

I’m trying to install Windows, however I get an errorr. I’m using a 16gb and 32gb USB stick. Do I have to use 8gb sticks?

Lucas Tiemann
    Participant

Thanks for all your help Phillip. Everything works like it should. That was the image i needed!

Using Windows without android. And i used the USB1/USB2 method 😉 worked without any problems.

If someone needs help with using 2 USB sticks, just ask me.

Phillip
    Participant

@ Mogan,

To be honest I’ve noticed a couple of times today when my tablet has had that problem when its come out of standby. I reboot though and Wifi is back. Does’t seem to affect bluetooth which I believe is on the same chip. It could be a power int failure. Try turning bluetooth off and rebooting. Maybe the power that doesn’t get distributed to bluetooth could provide a more stable wifi power init.

Glad it’s helped. I will keep an eye out for up to date drivers.

Also, has anyone else had phantom screens presses? Can get annoying sometimes, happens on both Windows and android but not all the time. Don’t know if its pressure on the screen, sensitivity or other. Will keep probing. 🙂

Mogan Flame
    Participant

Now I am having troubles with the .wim files..

During the DISM command i get this error “Failed to apply image to c:”

Phillip
    Participant

Did you switch the boot profile in bios to “windows” before you run the install procedure?

I have boot to Windows with the windows boot profile and lists the correct hardware. I managed to boot to windows using Android profile and device manager has loads more unknown devices. Change it back to Windows profile and device manager recognises the normal devices that it expects. Also after installing Android I left the Android profile whilst loading the USB 1 and  when running winpe it listed every partition it used for android and gave them drive letters. Put back to windows profile in bios and ran again, this time no problem. Must create USB 1 from the USB1.zip and just use the USB 2 that contains the windows .WIM files. When the script starts press control + c then y and enter. Type diskpart and press enter. Type list volume (or list volumes) This may give you an idea. You may need to manually assign the drive letters to the partitions from within diskpart. Then type exit and enter. Then change to USB drive letter say “e” so type e: and press enter. Then type startnet.cmd and press enter to continue. Shouldn’t need to do this though if using the correct USB folders and following the guide. (Saying that, the guide is what I did after a lot of mistakes, trail and errors, thats what worked for me. Will try to help you more if I can. Hope you get sorted)

Your friend Phil

TonTech
    Participant

Will definitely try this out over the weekend. This is my last hope 🙂 thanks

Edit: I have Vi10PQ64G2215090**** We do have the same model right? and I can follow all these steps? Just want to clarify 😉 Thanks Philip

Phillip
    Participant

Yes we have similar serials. Mine is: VI10PQ64G22150900*** I listed all bar the last three digits of my serial at the top of the guide. Please remember to use the USB 1.zip to create usb stick one and only use the usb2 folder (that contains the image folder)from the big file. hope you know what I mean.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I’m new to this forum.  I have vi10 pro for one week. Originally all worked fine. I decided to install windows10. It was all smooth for two days even with ms office.  Then it started to display different wallpapers asking if I like it. No idea if this is Microsoft work or a bug? After declaining all wallpaper offers I had problem to enterh pin on login – no keypad was displayed and with the first touch of the screen the active pin box was locking every time I tried. The swipe action for wallpaper to get pin box was hopeless (couldn’t be held easily up and hidden). After shutdown and with holding power + volume buttons on restart I could get OS switch option to select and run Android OS (which is operating correctly till now) and then switch to Windows. During Windows booting I got Recovery screen with “See Advanced Repair Option” And “Restart my PC” buttons. I went for Advanced Repair option, then Trouble shoot and Reset with “Keep my files” options. The system took care about itself with resetting and installing Windows10 (about 40 min).  After all was finished …. I now have no control at all! I can’t pass the wallpaper which stays permanently I have no idea how to bite it. How to reinstall Windows10 from USB drive not being able to run setup.exe windows file? I made USB Win 8.1 backup with rescue media (using Macrium Reflect) but have no access to run it . I still wait for keyboard delivery (bought separately). Could anyone give me some hints where to start from? Thanking in advance.  Cheers

TonTech
    Participant

Correct me if im wrong but from what I understood is part 1 and part 2 download(Contains the large file) should be copied to a different folder(should be ntfs format?) while USBzip1 is copied to the fat32 format. Im skipping the android part and goes straight to the windows. Thanks

TonTech
    Participant

I cant unzip the first file. Even after i tried renaming it to .zip, and if i unzip the 2nd file it asks for disk 1.

EDIT: WOW after updating the BIOS all drivers suddenly worked!!! thanks a gazillion times Philip!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar