Cube i7 stylus first impression

Cube i7 stylus first impression

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 stylus first impression

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    mrobi
    Participant

Thank you Samuel. It would be bit exceptional if RAM would be upgradable in tablet. So at the moment you cannot actually draw with pen (like in Onenote)?

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

Thank you Samuel you have been simply helpfull. BTW, i don’t need PS, i’m looking for a device which can be used with OneNote or something similar.
    It would be really cool if ssd were upgradable.
    PS yes, i’m looking forward a Chris’s review, but i have to choose within August. 😀

Samuel
    Participant

Thank you Samuel. It would be bit exceptional if RAM would be upgradable in tablet. So at the moment you cannot actually draw with pen (like in Onenote)?

Stylus use operates with 100% functionality, and performs nicely alongside the touch/palm rejection—the main (marketing) feature of this tablet just isn’t currently compatible with, or able to be used in conjunction with Wacom’s own drivers right now; so at a minimum there’s a tier of calibration, and general-performance tweaking that’s important for creative-expression in any number of graphics-based software that’s lacking for such users atm. Sketchbook Pro, in contrast works fine enough without these drivers, and if I could get it to launch successfully, I feel that Manga Studio 5/Clip Paint would mostly as well, at least so after some tweaking and experimenting.

@Federico: I get your concerns here, as it was difficult to gain an abundance of information before the device was even released, and a lot has been expected of it since the arrival of the I7 (non-stylus).

terry
    Participant

Hello

I have read in tinydeal that that we can only use omtp earphones with this tablet, so they recommande to use bluetooth earphones?
    Have you try some earphones?

Cube specifies that Windows in this tablet only support English and Chinese, what they Usuely not specified. Do you think i can put french?

Finally they specifie although that the warrantly is only with android 4.4 and windows 8.1 ! Do you think it would be possible to put windows 10?

Thank you for your help

And thank you Chris for your videos, I really enjoy

Viktor
    Participant

It seems that geekbuying.com has given me a wrong tracking number, the country match but the actual delivering location is completely different.

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

Not a good news. I Hope for the best.
    Are you a US buyer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

To be frank, I am more concerned about the edge sensitivity than the stuttering for a few reasons. First, the stuttering isn’t that bad. I was being very picky in mentioning it. It bothers me mostly when I solve questions on onenote. I solve question number 1 then scroll, the screen pauses for a split second and all of a sudden I find myself in question number 5. Secondly, it seems to be content-dependent. For example, a web page with flash will stutter more than a text web page. I also see some stuttering, though less, while scrolling PDF files. Thirdly, I notices that if I disable hardware acceleration the stuttering is least apparent, but scrolling would be slower. As for the edge sensitivity, the edges are less sensitive than the rest of the screen so it is more likely to be a hardware issue, in my opinion.

Now for some answers:

@Chris
    : I unfortunately stacked away the OTG USB3 cable that came with the tablet, so can’t test USB3. I did not purchase the keyboard because it is a bluetooth keyboard. I already had the Lenovo Bluetooth keyboard with a trackpoint, which I prefer over the Cube’s keyboard considering the known quality of lenovo keyboards.

@Samuel
    : did you try installing a third-party Wacom driver, like the AVTN’s feel driver? Who knows, it might work

@Mrobi
    : the SSD is M.2, so theoretically, it should be upgradable. However, they may have soldered it so I can’t say for sure. In order to send for warranty, I think you will have to send the tablet as is because opening the tablet up voids warranty. Not sure of that either.

@Terry: My headphones worked fine so you don’t have to use bluetooth headphones. I tried to sets of headphones and they both worked. As for the language, I read somewhere that a French contacted Tinydeal asking for a French version of windows 8.1 and they complied, though shipping was delayed. Regardless, when you buy the tablet you are eligible for a free Windows 10 upgrade, which will allow you to do a fresh install (hopefully we can download the tablet’s drivers from somewhere) of a French Windows 10. As for android, this tablet should be shipped with a software android emulator, which you can install on any windows pc. The cube I7 stylus is not dual boot, and mine actually came with no android software at all. The warranty should remain once you upgrade to windows 10.

@Mrobi
    and @Federico: despite all the issues I mentioned, I wholeheartedly recommend this tablet after using it for about a week, not because it is the best tablet out there, but because it is a very capable, well-built tablet for a great price. I don’t see any reason to invest in the Asus T300CHI, which has a faster processor but no stylus, or in a surface pro 3 128gb, whose performance is similar to the Cube I7’s performance. It graphics performance might actually be worse. The only reason I would prefer a surface is the extra storage, but that is correctable with a microSD card.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Victor: how completely different? I live in the Bronx and mine was saying it was shipping to woodside, which are also two completely different locations. The destination might be the initial hub from which packages are distributed to other locations.

Viktor
    Participant

@Shiny Nickler
    Unfortunately that’s not the case, the hub location is ~90 kilometre away while the stated destination area is ~500 kilometre away.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@shiny-nickler

The official keyboard isn’t BT, some sellers on the internet seem to think it is, but it’s like the i7 & i7Remix dock I’m told with the 5 pin pogo pin connector and 2 x USB 2 ports on the dock, they might even be USB 3 if Cube wired them up via the USB 3 hub.

The Core M 5Y10 Intel GFX will be a little faster than the Surface Pro 3’s, I did see a bit of a gap when I had my SP3. As for the build quality, I have been really impressed with Cube as of late, they have stepped up their game since the i6 and for the price you get a build on par with the more know brands, but it does lack a gorilla glass screen. They use tempered glass but it’s a generic one that is not as resistant. Compared to the other Core M Chinese tablets, Cube are leagues ahead. My Pipo W8 was slapped together and very cheap, huge amount of issues that came along with it. And the Onda v116w Core M build was very average.

My i7 Stylus is back on the van scheduled for today, finally! Not impressed with Fridays performance, I got an SMS with the amount of tax I have to pay the driver and it would be delivered that day, yet it never came. And later the tracking was updated to on hold after it said out for delviery for 7 hours. I paid the extra to get it asap and they have lost 3 days on it already, DHL are normally so good. but they dropped the ball here.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Oh, and the SSD is upgradable, I’m 99% certain of it. It’s a M.2 2242 22mm x 42mm one. FORESEE brand and not bad speeds for a 64GB unit. But if it’s a keeper for me, and I can open it up I will upgrade it to a 128GB or 256GB one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update about screen sensitivity: I decided to take off the screen protector, which is cheap ,easily scratchable, and reduces from the viewing experience. The touch sensitivity on the edges has significantly improved and I no longer experience multiple taps when moving the finger over the screen.

@chris
    : I was misinformed about the keyboard then. Thank you for the correction. I wish we had access to accurate literature about the tablet and its accessories.
    The lack of gorilla glass is a disappointment. Now I understand why the tablet came with a preinstalled screen protector, but since I decided to remove it, which improved touch sensitivity, I would prefer to use a stylus on gorilla glass rather than tempered glass.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hello

I have read in tinydeal that that we can only use omtp earphones with this tablet, so they recommande to use bluetooth earphones?
    Have you try some earphones?

Cube specifies that Windows in this tablet only support English and Chinese, what they Usuely not specified. Do you think i can put french?

Finally they specifie although that the warrantly is only with android 4.4 and windows 8.1 ! Do you think it would be possible to put windows 10?

Thank you for your help

And thank you Chris for your videos, I really enjoy

I will check this today, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to install French unless it is that horrid Windows 8.1 Single language Edition which shouldn’t even exist! It will be able to upgrade to Windows 10, just run the Windows update over and over until the Windows 10 icons in the task bar appears and you can register to upgrade. All it needs is a valid key and it will be upgradable.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

@Shiny Nickler oh, it’s an awesome info. So the problem was the screen protector and Not an hw issue.
    I would buy it, but @chris received it, so the wiser thing to do it’s wait, but how long Chris, how long? 😀

terry
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.
    That’s really useful

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar