Cube i7 stylus first impression

Cube i7 stylus first impression

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Cube i7 stylus first impression

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 384 total)
  • Author
    mrobi
    Participant

Hi, i have done some test on my table, except for some scratchs on the screen (hopefully just on the screen protector), everything works fine, no issue with wifi. My windows version is 8.1 pro with..KMS active. I will try to install win 10 and hopefully it will not bring some problems. Edit 1 : Ok first problem (also posted this on XDA) I updated it to windows 10 and get all drivers needed in the first post on XDA forum too. I also tried the Modified bios v3 to reduce the heat. The biggest problem so far i get is when i try to run the game Alphast 8 , the tablet automatically shut down after 2 or 3 seconds. Does anyone know this issue ? :( I am trying other games like Modern Combat… Edit 2 : MC works OK but …the game is very laggy, just likely you play in a low spec PC, so is this because of the v3 bios ? :(<b></b><i></i><u></u>

Wooter acutally commented about this “Most likely a result of the lowered S3 thermal point [90C° -> 75C°]”. I have same BIOS and same issue. I used Intel XTU utility to drop “Turbo Boost Power Max” -> 4W and “Turbo Boost Short Power Max” -> 6W. Other option is to flash unmod BIOS back (or just change that value in BIOS) so that it allows this tablet runs hotter.

Dropping Turbo Boost power cuts some processing power but in same time tablet doesn’t run so damn hot.

Jay
    Participant

they only offered me $25 … i don’t see why it is so difficult for them to just buy a windows 8.1 with bing license and give us the key (which only costs $25).. I have literally been messaging them back and forth about this and they only offer me to ship it back or take the money. I told them I need at least $50 I guess I’ll see what they say or see if aliexpress steps in. If they wanted to sell it for cheap they could have atleast just shipped it with ubuntu..

majkel_94
    Participant

Just got 30USD refund from CubeStore on Aliexpress because of KMS :))

Nice!
    You have to escalate the dispute or Cube gives you refund by themselves in dispute? 😛

Cube i7 Stylus User

Federico Maggiore
    Participant

“Hi friend

Good day.

Hope you can try to understand offical window 8.1 just chinese,if chinese version is ok for you, we can give you chinese key valid, pls kindly close the dispute and give us a positive feedback, ok?

Best regards”

What should i say?

Keven L
    Participant

I escalated my dispute 5 days ago and still waiting for AliExpress team to answer….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got 30USD refund from CubeStore on Aliexpress because of KMS :))

Nice! You have to escalate the dispute or Cube gives you refund by themselves in dispute? ?

Themselvese, no escalation…

Daniel
    Participant

Well just tried with another charger and still no charging light so it looks like my i7 is dead, I’ve messaged the store on Aliexpress…

Jay
    Participant

“Hi friend Good day. Hope you can try to understand offical window 8.1 just chinese,if chinese version is ok for you, we can give you chinese key valid, pls kindly close the dispute and give us a positive feedback, ok? Best regards” What should i say?

I say go for it… i have been pretty much arguing with them trying to get them to send me a chinese key for the last week..

clanna777
    Participant

dispute and give me

majkel_94
    Participant

Have someone received already the glass screen protector?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cube-i7-10-6-inch-Glass-Screen-Protectors-For-Cube-i7-Stylus-Tempered-Glass-Screen-Protector/32412915737.html

What about scratch resistance while writing/drawing with pen? The stylus works ok? 😛

Cube i7 Stylus User

Chakkapan
    Participant

I opened up the keyboard if anyone is interested to look at the interiour : http://imgur.com/a/fk25Y and made a video about my touchpad issue writing a letter when strafing the touchpad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ouIeUAnOY bg

@Alex
    , could you please show me how to open it? I just got the tablet and keyboard today and several keys are dead right out of the box. I might end up fixing it myself if the seller refuse to send me a replacement.

Saúl Martinez
    Participant

Well, after a full week playing with the tablet, I can say I am a happy camper. The tablet has quirks and then there’s the Windows Fiasco thing. If you are willing to upgrade it and do a few hacks, it’s a very usable tablet.

First of all, build quality is good. The tablet feels solid and it’s a bit heavy but OK. I’m using it as a light laptop replacement that I can just throw around the house and not worry too much about it and looks like it will stand careless use.

The tablet GETS HOT when you use it, specially if you prefer to use the performance settings. No way around it, so I threw a case on it, problem solved. Not very happy because there’s no silicone cases for it, but it’s doing it’s job, and now i feel more confident using it instead of naked. I also bought a tempered glass protector from Amazon for Surface 2 and it’s doing good. Beware that the corners and camera placement are not in the same place and the surface is a little bit smaller at the corners,but after putting it in the case the problem is taken care of.

I don’t see the stylus affected by the glass cover, it’s working really good although the multi touch seems to stutter a bit, but it could be my finger oils as I see that I’m having a little issue with my iPhone, and it has also a tempered glass cover. Definitively an improvement from the protector shipped with the tablet, which looked like I let a wild cat use my tablet after a few hours of experimenting with it.

The performance is OK for what I do which is light web browsing to handle online orders and printing shipping labels, which is something  I can’t do on an ipad, so it’s good. I have good WiFi connectivity after using the updated drivers for the Win10 so I have no need to do the aluminum foil hack, I wish it was a little bit more responsive but I am not complaining here, for light duty is good.

The pen may have issues with calibration but nothing you can’t solve re-calibrating. The pen is very sensitive to position and angle so it may take a few re-calibrations until you find the pattern of positions you use with pen tilt. I also own a CINTQ and it’s a common problem with pen displays,once you re-calibrate to your personal use, it’s good. If you are planning to use the pen a lot, I really recommend upgrading to a better Bamboo pen and go with the felt tips. The gliding over the glass becomes super smooth and feels very much like pencil over paper. A thicker and more balanced pen will work much better.

Another member said ordered the Carbon Bamboo Pen, if you can report on it it will be great.

Make sure you order more than one of the cheap pens just in case you lose it  (I know I will)

I upgraded the SSD to a 256 GB drive and the tablet is doing great. Opening it was very simple for me, I just jammed a gift card on the wide side in the space on the side and went happy opening it. Apply even pressure and the clips pop out easily, even the speaker ones. Leave the bottom side with the connector for the keyboard last, and be careful with the volume and power buttons. They will have a tendency to slide down.One very important word of advice, if you are using a micro SD card, REMOVE IT before you start disassembling. I damaged my reader because I left the card inside by mistake, no big deal for me but it’s something you need to keep in mind.

The upgrade is very simple, you just unscrew the old SSD and pop in the new one, place the screw back in and that’s it. Reverse the steps with the bottom side first and you’ll be fine. If you put it back upside down so that gravity keeps the volume and power buttons in place it’s much easier to put it back in.

I’m using Photoshop and lightroom CC, Autodesk Sketchbook and I am very satisfied with the pen response and the overall performance of the machine, no issues with the wacom drivers after using the latest versions. The little machine is not desktop fast but it’s not dreadful like an atom PC, very good work there by CUBE.

Another issue is battery life. Definitively not an all day performer but I can squeeze 3-4 hours of use before needing to plug back in. Will need a new power brick to compliment the one that comes with it so I am not always carrying one around.

I will give this machine 3/5 stars out of the box, and 4/5 starts after the upgraded SSD, bios hacks, pen nib changes and tempered glass and case.

sean
    Participant

not sure about everyone else but windows 10 kept crashing my machine. drivers didn’t help  . back on windows 8.1 now two day without any problems. only issue now is the prompt to upgrade to windows 10. I’ve no  intention  of upgrading again till cube sort it out.

mrobi
    Participant

You can cool this tablet down by using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU):http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html For example drop Turbo Boost to 4.25W and Short Turbo Boost to 6W. It seems that cooling is bit undersized for this CPU.

I have to say that after dealing Windows license issues and heating, getting replacement charger and got Win10 run just fine, this tablet now feels actually pretty good and I’m happy using this. GeekBying finally shipped the keyboard (its on the way) and I ordered that AliExpress tempered glass protector (I’ll report about this whenever it comes) since orginal sucks every fingerprints and scratches from pen. I’m writing this now using cube with 24″ monitor trough hdmi, mouse and keyboard trough USB3 hub.

Janis Veide
    Participant

If you are planning to use the pen a lot, I really recommend upgrading to a better Bamboo pen and go with the felt tips. The gliding over the glass becomes super smooth and feels very much like pencil over paper. A thicker and more balanced pen will work much better.

Hey, thanks for the info! Could you specify which Bamboo pen are you suggesting? I’d love something a bit more comfortable 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 384 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar