EZBook 3 Pro SSD Bios issues

EZBook 3 Pro SSD Bios issues

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro SSD Bios issues

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rudolf
    Participant

Have the same problem

Rudolf
    Participant

Have the same problem

Buy in January, bios version 5.12 from may 2017 ! ??

See the SSD onder security settings.

Not in boot section

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rudolf
    Participant

<!–more–>

Kenneth
    Participant

Have the same problem Buy in January, bios version 5.12 from may 2017 ! ?? See the SSD onder security settings. Not in boot section

Actually, that’s DEC/5/17. I have the same bios. 🙂

Stefan
    Participant

It’s written in MM/DD/YY, so the date is 5 December. Your Bios/Laptop is a version 5.5 or 6 (the most current as of today) based on these informations:

V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

PaulStone
    Participant

Have the same problem Buy in January, bios version 5.12 from may 2017 ! ?? See the SSD onder security settings. Not in boot section

hi

what ssd do you use? brand, model

lito
    Participant

friends, I will share my experience about it, I took a couple of months with the v.4 and all good until I decided to improve it with an SSD, Kingpec brand of 128 GB and that’s when the headache began …

I will tell you what works for me, exploring among many possible solutions:

1.- install the ssd

2.- go to the disk manager (right button in the start menu)

3.- make the creation of the volume on the disk ssd (this is very simple, they go to the disk ssd as it appears in the image and they give it to create a new volume …. then accept, accept and accept.

4.- Once the disk is created, it will be recognized by the operating system and the UEFI, from now on we will have two options, the first one is with macrium, we can make a cloning towards our ssd (my favorite) and the other option is perform the installation of windows 10 from scratch in our SSD (step 5).

5.- to install the operating system we must create a USB bootable unit and start it from the UEFI, as usual, if you decide to install windows 8.1 or lower must perform the process of the bootable unit with the rufus program, what we should have in account with this, is to place the option of “partition gpt for uefi”. if we do not do this, windows will not start.

6.- So far I am using windows 10, because when changing the O.S. I still can not resolve the issue with the drivers since the touch panel, the screen and the sound stops working. (So ​​far, I managed to rescue the drivers of windows 10 and reinstall them in windows 8, but windows crashea.

I hope you serve this info.

Attachments:
    lito
    Participant

friends, I will share my experience about it, I took a couple of months with the v.4 and all good until I decided to improve it with an SSD, Kingpec brand of 128 GB and that’s when the headache began …

I will tell you what works for me, exploring among many possible solutions:

1.- install the ssd

2.- go to the disk manager (right button in the start menu)

3.- make the creation of the volume on the disk ssd (this is very simple, they go to the disk ssd as it appears in the image and they give it to create a new volume …. then accept, accept and accept.

4.- Once the disk is created, it will be recognized by the operating system and the UEFI, from now on we will have two options, the first one is with macrium, we can make a cloning towards our ssd (my favorite) and the other option is perform the installation of windows 10 from scratch in our SSD (step 5).

5.- to install the operating system we must create a USB bootable unit and start it from the UEFI, as usual, if you decide to install windows 8.1 or lower must perform the process of the bootable unit with the rufus program, what we should have in account with this, is to place the option of “partition gpt for uefi”. if we do not do this, windows will not start.

6.- So far I am using windows 10, because when changing the O.S. I still can not resolve the issue with the drivers since the touch panel, the screen and the sound stops working. (So ​​far, I managed to rescue the drivers of windows 10 and reinstall them in windows 8, but windows crashea.

I hope you serve this info.

Attachments:
    ADEM
    Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>arkadaşlarım, bu konudaki deneyimlerimi paylaşacağım, bir SDD, 128 GB Kingpec markası ile geliştirmeye karar verene kadar v.4 ve tüm iyi bir kaç ay sürdüm ve baş ağrısının başladığı…</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Mümkün olan birçok çözüm arasında keşif için bana neyin uygun olduğunu söyleyeceğim:</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>1.- ssd’yi kurun</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>2.- disk yöneticisine gidin (başlangıç ​​menüsünde sağ tuşa basın)</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>3.- disk ssd’deki sesin oluşturulmasını sağlar (bu çok basittir, görüntüde göründüğü gibi ssd diskine giderler ve yeni bir birim oluşturmayı sağlarlar … sonra kabul eder, kabul eder ve kabul ederler.</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>4.- Disk oluşturulduğunda, işletim sistemi ve UEFI tarafından tanınacak, bundan sonra iki seçeneğimiz olacak, birincisi maküla ile, ssd’ye (benim favorim) doğru bir klonlama yapabiliriz ve Diğer seçenek ise SSD’mizdeki pencerelerin 10 kurulumunu sıfırdan gerçekleştirir (adım 5).</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>5.- işletim sistemini kurmak için USB önyüklenebilir bir birim oluşturmalı ve bunu her zamanki gibi UEFI’dan başlatmalıyız, eğer 8.1 veya daha düşük bir pencereyi kurmaya karar verirseniz, rufus programı ile önyüklenebilir birimin işlemini gerçekleştirmeliyiz, ne yapmalıyız Bununla ilgili olarak, “uefi için bölüm gpt” seçeneğini yerleştirmektir. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Bunu yapmazsak, pencereler başlamaz.</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>6.- Şimdiye kadar windows 10 kullanıyorum, çünkü işletim sistemini değiştirirken dokunmatik panel, ekran ve ses çalışmayı bıraktığından bu yana sürücülerle sorunu çözemiyorum. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>(Şimdiye kadar, windows 10’un sürücülerini kurtarmayı ve windows 8’de, ancak windows crashea’da yeniden kurmayı başardım.</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Umarım bu bilgiyi verirsiniz.</span></span>

friend;

what is your bios version…

FatEnzo
    Participant

A lot of trouble.

Chupa
    Participant

windows below 10 will not work on this machines, lot of people tried, me 2.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

seki hideki
    Participant

Friens,

M.2 SSD recognition & booting from UEFI BIOS of Ezbook3 Pro(V4) is really buggy.  Sometimes Ezbook miss the SSD…. orz.  Since I could not find out good solution, I installed EFI System partition (boot partiotion) into eMMC, and other partitions that contains OS into SSD finally.  As for detailed partition assignment, please check the following table.

eMMC:

P1 – Windows10 (EFI System Partition, rEFInd boot manager installed)

P2 – Windows10 (MSR Partition)

P3 – Linux (“/opt” Partition, also mounted from Windows1o as “D:” drive)

SSD:

P1 – Windows10 (“C:” Partition)

P2 – Windows10 (Recovery Partition)

P3 – Linux (“/” Partition)

P4 – Linux (Swap Partition)

In detailed work, I manually defined Windows10 partitions prior to Windows installation, and did Windows10 clean-install into predefined partitions.  Then, installed rEFInd partition manager and Linux.   After that installation, both systems are really stable during boot-process (BIOS never miss SSD), and I can use fast SSD storage by Windows10 & Linux system.  Of course, it will be happy if we can solve this issue by BIOS update or configuration-change.  But, this is not so bad for me as workaround at the moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar