EZBook 3 Pro – Life after death?

EZBook 3 Pro – Life after death?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro – Life after death?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

Well this blows.  My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro v4 just died after less than 2 months of VERY light use.  I had set it up to dual boot Windows/Linux from the SSD and everything worked well for many weeks.  Then the other day the last thing I remember doing is using Linux I chose it to “hibernate” versus my usual “suspend”.  As I recall the next time I tried to start it up it gave some error and a blank screen.  Then I powered it off.  After that it will no longer boot up and I cannot even see the “Jumper” startup splash screen. When I turn it on just the blue power light comes on but nothing on the screen.  I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting but no change.  The system will not boot either on battery or plugged in.  It’s just dead – no screen output at all.  I really get the feeling the quality of this machine is just very poor – as is Jumper’s non existent Support.  They don’t even have a company user’s discussion forum.  I think I bought my first and last Jumper product.
    FYI it was the 128GB version from LightInTheBox.com though I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    Was I just unlucky?

Giovanni
    Participant

Have you tried the MiniHDMI output?

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Brad
    Participant

Have you tried the MiniHDMI output?

No. I don’t have an HDMI monitor.   But It’s a good idea to try, thanks.

Chupa
    Participant

you don’t have a tv or a beamer? both have hdmi input

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Joe
    Participant

Lots of threads about this.  Search “black screen” and exbook 3 pro.  There is no solution, sorry to say.  I was hoping that it was a Windows software problem and that running Linux would be a possible solution.  I guess not.  Hardware problem and no Jumper support whatsoever.  Sigh.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve been giving my EZbook 3 Pro a hammering and it’s going fine. Bad luck I would say.

Try removing the rear panel and unplug the battery for a while. Plug it back in and it should boot up. To me, it sounds like some strange bios brick.

Also try power it on hitting Esc many times on some Apollo Lakes it would reset the bios to defaults. Has it charge right?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Giovanni
    Participant

One time I bought an Asus i7 laptop for parts: it didn’t show any image after a drop but it seemed to power on ok (led and fan spin). The solution was to flash the BIOS with an external programmer. Maybe also yours got corrupt in some way

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

JL
    Participant

For me,when this occurred, letting the battery run dry was the solution to get it to boot back up with logo

Brad
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys.  Will try a few more things n see what happens.

Brad
    Participant

I’m wondering if this is a result of an under-charged battery. Does anyone know how it behaves when this is the case?  Has anyone ever run the battery down to dead, then plugged in the power cord and attempted to bootup?  What happens?  I just ran the battery down to dead and now I’m attempting to fully recharge it.  What happens at this time when I try to bootup while plugged in is the blue power light comes on momentarily (like 1/2 second) then turns off for a couple/few seconds then comes back on and stays on.  Just that and nothing else. I’ll see if a full charge fixes the problem (hopeful).

Brad
    Participant

For me,when this occurred, letting the battery run dry was the solution to get it to boot back up with logo

After letting it run dry, how did you boot it again.  Just plugging it in did it, or you had to wait to recharge the battery again?  How long did you charge it for?

Brad
    Participant

Bad news.  After recharging all day. It’s still dead. Won’t startup.  I disconnected and reconnected the battery again.  Still nothing. It’s dead.  blows.

Brad
    Participant

Anyone know if there is a startup key-combo that can “reset BIOS defaults”?  I’m at a loss of what else to try.  Well, except I still need to try connecting an external HDMI monitor.

Brad
    Participant

Well, I tried everything. Disconnected/reconnected the battery (again) waiting between.  Discharged the battery completely (again) until the blue power light no longer turns on, then recharged the battery.  Also tried 3 times the “Blind BIOS reset” technique shown hereNothing works.  Still what happens when I press the power on button the blue light comes on for 1/2 second then off then comes back on and stays on, but the monitor never shows anything completely black screen.  I think I’m f*cked.  Brand new notebook I have to throw in the garbage.  Pisses me off to no end. There’s no reason for this failure other than bad design as far as I’m concerned.  Either it was a bug in the BIOS or some component burned/failed for some unknown reason (bad power supply filter where a mains voltage spike fried something? dunno).

JL
    Participant

maybe try disconnecting the batter, holding the power button for 10-20 secs, plugging it back in,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar