first Chuwi Hi13 topic

first Chuwi Hi13 topic

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum first Chuwi Hi13 topic

This topic contains 158 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

OK I have now charged, used and totally discharged, and recharged the Hi13 – All good! The screen is the best I have ever seen! – I live a sheltered life! It works very happily with a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speaker (and the Y stand) it may be a little laggy at times – time will tell … but not unacceptably. My daily use pc is a desktop, so I am not sure if this gigantic tablet is what I also need. I may use my very nice Chuwi Hi8 (good screen for its size – but limited by its 32gb emmc) as an alternative hand-held unit. I wonder if the ‘positioning’ of the Hi13 is for casual (occasional travelling) users who want a great video viewing unit as well as a laptop or desktop replacement – not a work machine but a media consumption machine – i.e. not me! I would be interested to hear the view of other users….

I like its Linux compatibility and stylus for taking note. will use for travel as well. I have a daily use i7 ultrabook and an i5 desktop.

Michiel
    Participant

Alright – finally – my fourth account and it works!! Haha nice browser Recaptcha shit going on there…

I’ve been reading, following and checking this site for a few weeks now, nothing but respect for the quality site!

I almost ordered this wonderful machine Hi13 last week until i came to the conclusion that it would cost me an additional €90 for tax+customs+local post surcharges… thus making it a hefty €37o-ish machine.

Looking at trying this Windows tablet thing out, little larger screen than my cracked-screen iPad 3 (a.k.a. SlowPad) which is really falling apart on me.

Perhaps there will soon be a EU warehouse (I’m Dutch) with a small surcharge? What’s your experience in prices for EU stocks? Would you expect it to rise close to the amount it will cost me ordering from China?

By the way I tried asking GearBest if they would mark the parcel “Gift” with a value of e.g. €40, considering this would be less than the allowed €45 gift value. Their answer was: We are sorry we cannot print a lower value on the invoice due to a system issue.

What’s a system issue? A system error or due to the system automatically “issuing” the invoice?

Les
    Participant

Mine came via Yodel into the UK. I was expecting to pay at least 20% VAT/Import Duty (£55). However I received no email/phonecall from Yodel to pay any tax, and it arrived within 8 days of the ‘shipped’ date on the Gearbest site order page. I am willing – but not enthusiastic – to pay the tax. According to the UK government web pages the buyer is liable and can lose the goods etc. Mebbe a Bank holiday weekend was a good time to get delivery!

If they ask for it it I will pay – no problem – but I think the responsibility lies between the exporter and the UK government – with the poor carrier being the “piggy-in-the-middle”.

BTW I think MS have still a way to go to make W10 a good tablet OS. e.g. when I switch off with the tablet linked through Bluetooth to a keyboard and mouse, then it is difficult – nigh impossible – to get it to function unless you have them  there with you – but mebbe it is my relative ignorance of W10……

Daniel
    Participant

Alright – finally – my fourth account and it works!! Haha nice browser Recaptcha shit going on there… I’ve been reading, following and checking this site for a few weeks now, nothing but respect for the quality site! I almost ordered this wonderful machine Hi13 last week until i came to the conclusion that it would cost me an additional €90 for tax+customs+local post surcharges… thus making it a hefty €37o-ish machine. Looking at trying this Windows tablet thing out, little larger screen than my cracked-screen iPad 3 (a.k.a. SlowPad) which is really falling apart on me. Perhaps there will soon be a EU warehouse (I’m Dutch) with a small surcharge? What’s your experience in prices for EU stocks? Would you expect it to rise close to the amount it will cost me ordering from China? By the way I tried asking GearBest if they would mark the parcel “Gift” with a value of e.g. €40, considering this would be less than the allowed €45 gift value. Their answer was: We are sorry we cannot print a lower value on the invoice due to a system issue. What’s a system issue? A system error or due to the system automatically “issuing” the invoice?

GB declare my Hi13 for 20 Euro as a 10.2 inch tablet. they usually declare a low value so as to avoid tax+customes

athanato
    Participant

Alright – finally – my fourth account and it works!! Haha nice browser Recaptcha shit going on there… I’ve been reading, following and checking this site for a few weeks now, nothing but respect for the quality site! I almost ordered this wonderful machine Hi13 last week until i came to the conclusion that it would cost me an additional €90 for tax+customs+local post surcharges… thus making it a hefty €37o-ish machine. Looking at trying this Windows tablet thing out, little larger screen than my cracked-screen iPad 3 (a.k.a. SlowPad) which is really falling apart on me. Perhaps there will soon be a EU warehouse (I’m Dutch) with a small surcharge? What’s your experience in prices for EU stocks? Would you expect it to rise close to the amount it will cost me ordering from China? By the way I tried asking GearBest if they would mark the parcel “Gift” with a value of e.g. €40, considering this would be less than the allowed €45 gift value. Their answer was: We are sorry we cannot print a lower value on the invoice due to a system issue. What’s a system issue? A system error or due to the system automatically “issuing” the invoice?

Gearbest always states the value for tablets as $50 USD for me.

athanato
    Participant

I did a clean install of Win 10 CU as mine came in today and the auto dim is not working as it always leaves it to the lowest value, was working ok with AU build. Not a deal breaker for me those, I just leave it around 25%.

Mele
    Participant

Postal service tried to deliver tablet today, but unfortunately I’m 700km up north from home looking reindeers. Well I’m going to pick it up on this. Friday

Michiel
    Participant

Sounds promising regarding GB and their shipping… May just end up getting one after all… I’m so indecisive haha.

Daniel
    Participant

reindeers

Do not forget to post  photos of caribou, 🙂

Mele
    Participant

reindeers

Do not forget to post photos of caribou, ?

only one i saw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VlKBTmvXAraW9zYnNndGJMR3M/view?usp=sharing

Mele
    Participant

got my hi13 today and its big :).

keyboard did not come, maybe only next week.

was not able to plug in charger first, but then i saw that screen was popped out of the frame. it went back nicely.

Blake
    Participant

Just saw it on sale at geekbuying as well, it goes for $359 with the stylus pen.

Steven Welton
    Participant

Hello all, I joined the forum as I am looking at buying one of these tablets and have watched several reviews over recent days of all the popular current large screen tablets.

I have bought 4 phones from Chinese sellers over the past couple of years and had problems with 2 of them, but not bad enough to bother trying to send them back… but what bothers me about spending some serious money on something like this (well, serious for me!) is that if it packs up, you really are screwed!  How are you going to send it back to China and even if they do receive it and say you can have a replacement, what would the turnaround be, 6 weeks?

Anyone got any experience of that?

Daniel
    Participant

but then i saw that screen was popped out of the frame. it went back nicely.

My as well, popped out the AL frame, transport issue,hah

Daniel
    Participant

Just saw it on sale at geekbuying as well, it goes for $359 with the stylus pen.

a little bit more expensive than that of GB?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password