first Chuwi Hi13 topic

first Chuwi Hi13 topic

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum first Chuwi Hi13 topic

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Participant

@Daniel @Chris and to everyone else that would like to see here are some pics of the Chuwi Hi13 with the Surface Book 13.5in tempered glass screen protector! I could have done a little better placing it on its slightly crooked but no bubbles what so ever! Overall  I’m happy for now. I ordered the screen protector off of eBay. It was  .26mm instead of the typical .3mm. I prefer and recommend the thinner one because as far as I can tell touch sensitivity is not affected. Overall its a wonderful protector works perfect, I just wish the protector fit better but we will have to wait for a Chui hi13 protector for that!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Looks good on the screen, but that ridge would annoy the hell out of me. I’m happy with my naked unprotected screen.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

<!–more–> Regarding the charger I looked up some amd so far the only wall charger i foind that claims to supply 12V at 2A is the new samsung 25W charger which should be possible as P=U×I =>12V×2A=24W. So it will probably be able to charge it. I will purchase it soon and will report back with the verdict. http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/25w-usb-c-fast-charging-wall-charger–detachable-usb-c-usb-cable–ep-ta300cwegus/ I also will buy a powerbank that claims to output such.

I’ve just ordered the EU Samsung Type-C 25W fast charger (12v 2.1A) for my Hi13 this one should work. It’s going to take like two weeks to arrive, I’ll update on if it works or not. I have a feeling it should be fine and this way I can charge my mobile and the tablet with the same adaptor.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Austin
    Participant

@Chris

It does annoy the hell out of me but I am to scared to go naked LOL

I hope they release a tempered glass protector made for the HI13 soon!

Daniel
    Participant

@chris It does annoy the hell out of me but I am to scared to go naked LOL I hope they release a tempered glass protector made for the HI13 soon!

looks not so bad with a surfacebook protector.

Daniel
    Participant

DO not forget to use giving assistant to get Cashback, I warned 15.5 USD for buying Hi13. unfortunately only 2% cashback but still better than nothing.

Obinna
    Participant

I ordered it too but from amazon, thus it will be here next week and i’ll report back.

Once I know that one is working I’ll buy the powerbank that can deliver this too and share it with you all

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition (~.~)

The Hacker
    Participant

Anyone tried Audio/Video over USB-C ?

I have and it looks like it briefly detects a second screen then disappears. I don’t think it’s working. At least not for me.

What kin of cabel did you use, usb-c to MHL or usb-c adapter to dvi/hdmi, or other kind of cabel

There are 3 kind of people in the world, thoose who can count, and thoose that can't

Obinna
    Participant

Anyone tried Audio/Video over USB-C ?

I have and it looks like it briefly detects a second screen then disappears. I don’t think it’s working. At least not for me.

What kin of cabel did you use, usb-c to MHL or usb-c adapter to dvi/hdmi, or other kind of cabel

I did read on the chuwi website that it is a full usb C port which supports video and audio transmission and charging, so it supposed to work

Anonymous
    Inactive

I look forward to hearing about your Samsung charger working…. Mine has arrived – I am going by the book and charging it first – red light has been showing for 2 hours  by now. Ordered 12th March, Gearbest said shipped 5th April, Yodel said they had it at depot on 13th April – Bank Hol yesterday – arrived 5pm today 15th – good work by Yodel. I presume all delays were Chuwi’s! No tax request 🙂 – so should be net £277 delivered. It is sitting quite steadily on a little Y stand I got at the same time from Gearbest for a couple of quid. I shall try a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speaker with it.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I did read on the chuwi website that it is a full usb C port which supports video and audio transmission and charging, so it supposed to work

I read the same and it looks like it wants to work then the 2nd connected display disappears. My 2 hubs with HDMI do this and my type-c to HDMI only doesn’t do anything. So I don’t think it really supports it, otherwise, they wouldn’t have bothered with that MicroHDMI port?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Obinna
    Participant

Hmm, yea. Now we know why they added the hdmi too then.

Daniel
    Participant

Hmm, yea. Now we know why they added the hdmi too then.

Fortunately I have mini HDMI to HDMI and VGA adapters, should we report to Chuwi official as kind of fake advertisement.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK I have now charged, used and totally discharged, and recharged the Hi13 – All good! The screen is the best I have ever seen! – I live a sheltered life!

It works very happily with a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speaker (and the Y stand) it may be a little laggy at times – time will tell … but not unacceptably.

My daily use pc is a desktop, so I am not sure if this gigantic tablet is what I also need. I may use my very nice Chuwi Hi8 (good screen for its size – but limited by its 32gb emmc) as an alternative hand-held unit. I wonder if the ‘positioning’ of the Hi13 is for casual (occasional travelling) users who want a great video viewing unit as well as a laptop or desktop replacement – not a work machine but a media consumption machine – i.e. not me!

I would be interested to hear the view of other users….

Obinna
    Participant

I’ll be using this hi13 for schoolwork, for media consumption and for travelling. It’s a bit big, but that’s how I like most of my stuff 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar