[Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

[Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum [Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

This topic contains 35 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Cristal 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Tim
    Participant

Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset
    As it is a real pain to find and download the files and understand the chinese instructions,
    I thought I reupload some of them and publish a simplified version of the official chinese guide.
    So here it is, a step by step guide on how to reset your X16 Pro tablet.
    It probably also works with the power version, but I didn’t test it.

– German guide: [Anleitung] Teclast X16 Pro – Factory Reset

Be warned!
    By resetting to factory settings everything on your tablet will be deleted!

Backup important data first!
    Do it on your own risk! I dont take any responsiblility for harming your device!

• 1. Download needed files (reupload; source)
      drivers and software
      Android firmware
      Windows files (split into 4 parts)
      – Also you need: 1 (more) Windows computer, 1 USB-drive (at least 8GB) and about 30min of your time.
    • 3. Install drivers and software
      Unzip and install in this order with recommend settings.
      1. iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0.exe
      2. IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe
      3. PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32.exe
    • 4. Format tablet and install windows
      Unzip Android_Firmware.7z and move it to your C:\ drive.
      Afterwards open Intel Phone Flash Tool, click on “Browse” and open “flash.json” from the unzipped folder. Select “blank” configuration.
      Now start android and shut it down again. Then press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously until “DNX FASTBOOT MODE…” appears on screen.
      Now connect your tablet with your pc. The Intel flash tool should now list your teclast tablet.
      Take a deep breath and hit the “Start to Flash” button next to the tablet icon.
      Now the tablet is going to be formatted and android going to be installed. After the process is done your device is going to reboot and your can savely disconnect your tablet from your pc.
      If everything went alright, you now have android installed on your tablet. If you dont need windows, you can skip the next few steps.
    • 5. Install windows
      Preparation: To install windows you need a USB thumb drive with at least 8 GB of storage. You now want to format that usb drive with the name “WINPE” and “FAT-32”. That is the only way it is going to be recognized!
      Now we unzip our Windows files and move the content of the folder called “X16-(双系统)_Win10系统-安装文件 (images+winpe)” onto the usb stick.
      Installation: Shutdown your tablet and insert the usb thumb drive. After that boot your tablet and select the windows logo in the boot selection screen and hit ok.
      Everything else is done automatically and after a while the tablet is going to reboot. If it is not rebooting but the message “Operation Successfull” appears, you want to manually shutdown the tablet by holding the power button for about 10 seconds.
      After that you can remove the usb drive and boot windows from the os selectin screen. Drivers are installed automatically, even the little program for booting into android again.
    • 6. Done!
      If everything went fine, your tablet is now reset to factory conditions. But this also means the language was set back to chinese. In android you can simply change the language to english via the system settings. (first option in language settings) Windows can be set to english on first boot or in system settings as well.

I hope someone could benefit from this little guide! 😉

Files source + chinese guide: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj5ovi1)

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the post but can not download    – drivers and software (3. link with this title: “X16(Cherry Trail)_Android5.1系统升级工具.rar”)

Both Mozilla and Google Chrome block the file from downloading, I can not use Baidu.

Could you please suggest me how to download the file or is there any mirror site.

regards

Wayne

Tim
    Participant

If you go to your downloads tab in chrome, there should be a link next to the downloading file that says “download anyway”, “restore file” or something similar.

Madhu
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Did you notice any difference after reset? Are all the known issues “fixed”? Also was the stylus working as expected?

Thanks

Tim
    Participant

Sadly, no difference after reset. Still no real fixes. Maybe teclast updates the software to solve at least some of those problems… I don’t have the stylus yet. So I can’t say if the stylus works as expected. However, I heard about some issues in Android.

Kräm
    Participant

I to cannot download the file, its asking for what I think is a name and PW, which I dont have and cant read Chinese to see if there is a process to get a account/PW.

Is there a mirror or can someone put this file up for the rest of us?  Please? Please ? pretty Please?   🙂

Wayne
    Participant

Thank you Tim. I got the download file. Let me work out!

Cheer!

Tim
    Participant

I to cannot download the file, its asking for what I think is a name and PW, which I dont have and cant read Chinese to see if there is a process to get a account/PW. Is there a mirror or can someone put this file up for the rest of us? Please? Please ? pretty Please? :-)<noscript>:-)</noscript>

I reuploaded the driver and software files to mega. Download

Kräm
    Participant

Tim or anyone with the file,

Thanks for the re-Upload, but the file I cant get is —>  (X16(Cherry Trail)_Android5.1系统升级工具.rar”). Its the 678.5MB file and this is the one requiring a PW to DL.

Any chance you can UpLoad that file?  Please?  🙂

OR is that the file above that is renamed to “Android Firmware”, even though it is a smaller (624.6MB) file?

Thank you again  🙂

Tim
    Participant

Tim or anyone with the file, Thanks for the re-Upload, but the file I cant get is —> (X16(Cherry Trail)_Android5.1系统升级工具.rar”). Its the 678.5MB file and this is the one requiring a PW to DL. Any chance you can UpLoad that file? Please? :-)<noscript>:-)</noscript>OR is that the file above that is renamed to “Android Firmware”, even though it is a smaller (624.6MB) file? Thank you again :-)<noscript>:-)</noscript>

It IS the one that says “Android Firmware” 😀 it’s smaller because it’s a 7z file and not rar.

Kräm
    Participant

OK, great, I didn’t follow that initially, THANKS for the clarification!

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Me,

I can not upload the file it exceed the maximum upload limit. Sorry about that. If you still want it, please let me know.

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Phone Flash tool is not recognizing the tablet, probably USB is not connecting to tablet.

Can you help me what should I do, please!

Tim
    Participant

Hi Tim, Phone Flash tool is not recognizing the tablet, probably USB is not connecting to tablet. Can you help me what should I do, please!

Hi Wayne,

if you still have that problem, make sure you…

… installed all of the drivers in recommend order and settings
    … used the original usb cable or a micro usb data cable + plugged it into your pc ^^
    … see the device manager recognizing the tablet
    … ran the intel flash tool as administrator

Sorry for the delay. No internet connection in the last few days…

Motty
    Participant

I seem to have an issue and I hope you guys can help…I got my X16 Pro and deinstalled the crapware from Android…but I went a bit too far…so I did a Reset and reload…it came back up but now all the icons are Chinese, even with the language changed to english…

So, can someone verify that they have english labels to their icons?…second, if they are english, how to change?…google says you can’t…

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password