[Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

[Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum [Guide] Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Motty
    Participant

FYI…after a number of reboots, everything changed back to english…so very strange…

Vincenzo Cicero
    Participant

Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Factory Reset As it is a real pain to find and download the files and understand the chinese instructions, I thought I reupload some of them and publish a simplified version of the official chinese guide. So here it is, a step by step guide on how to reset your X16 Pro tablet. It probably also works with the power version, but I didn’t test it. – German guide: [Anleitung] Teclast X16 Pro – Factory Reset Be warned! By resetting to factory settings everything on your tablet will be deleted! Backup important data first! Do it on your own risk! I dont take any responsiblility for harming your device!

• 1. Download needed files (reupload; source)drivers and softwareAndroid firmwareWindows files (split into 4 parts) – Also you need: 1 (more) Windows computer, 1 USB-drive (at least 8GB) and about 30min of your time.
    • 3. Install drivers and software Unzip and install in this order with recommend settings. 1. iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0.exe 2. IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe 3. PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32.exe
    • 4. Format tablet and install windows Unzip Android_Firmware.7z and move it to your C:\ drive. Afterwards open Intel Phone Flash Tool, click on “Browse” and open “flash.json” from the unzipped folder. Select “blank” configuration. Now start android and shut it down again. Then press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously until “DNX FASTBOOT MODE…” appears on screen. Now connect your tablet with your pc. The Intel flash tool should now list your teclast tablet. Take a deep breath and hit the “Start to Flash” button next to the tablet icon. Now the tablet is going to be formatted and android going to be installed. After the process is done your device is going to reboot and your can savely disconnect your tablet from your pc. If everything went alright, you now have android installed on your tablet. If you dont need windows, you can skip the next few steps.
    • 5. Install windows Preparation: To install windows you need a USB thumb drive with at least 8 GB of storage. You now want to format that usb drive with the name “WINPE” and “FAT-32”. That is the only way it is going to be recognized! Now we unzip our Windows files and move the content of the folder called “X16-(双系统)_Win10系统-安装文件 (images+winpe)” onto the usb stick. Installation: Shutdown your tablet and insert the usb thumb drive. After that boot your tablet and select the windows logo in the boot selection screen and hit ok. Everything else is done automatically and after a while the tablet is going to reboot. If it is not rebooting but the message “Operation Successfull” appears, you want to manually shutdown the tablet by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. After that you can remove the usb drive and boot windows from the os selectin screen. Drivers are installed automatically, even the little program for booting into android again.
    • 6. Done! If everything went fine, your tablet is now reset to factory conditions. But this also means the language was set back to chinese. In android you can simply change the language to english via the system settings. (first option in language settings) Windows can be set to english on first boot or in system settings as well.

I hope someone could benefit from this little guide! ? Files source + chinese guide: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj5ovi1)

• stick. Installation: Shutdown your tablet and insert the usb thumb drive. After that boot your tablet and select the windows logo in the boot selection screen and hit ok. Everything else is done automatically and after a while the tablet is going to reboot. If it is not rebooting but the message “Operation Successfull” appears, you want to manually shutdown the tablet by holding the power button for about 10 seconds. After that you can remove the usb drive and boot windows from the os selectin screen. Drivers are installed automatically, even the little program for booting into android again.
    • 6. Done! If everything went fine, your tablet is now reset to factory conditions. But this also means the language was set back to chinese. In android you can simply change the language to english via the system settings. (first option in language settings) Windows can be set to english on first boot or in system settings as well.

I hope someone could benefit from this little guide! ? Files source + chinese guide: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj5ovi1) [/quote]

Hello I’m Italian. I have a Teclast x16 pro. A few days ago I upgraded to Windows 10 10586.104 version. I had problems and I had to reset the tablet, but I had a problem in the installation of windows after formatting: the Windows installation is stuck at 46%, and the installation of 73% drivers. After three hours that I was blocked off and restarted, but the Tablet it signaled that lacked the operating system. In the end I managed to make another recovery but failed to return to the version of Windows 10 Original Teclast but 10586,104 version and many things do not work because they lack  drivers.
    So I wanted to go back and I tried following your guide from step 5 (Windows only because I need Android works well), I prepared USB drive, but when I turn on the tablet with USB drive inserted nothing happens. How can I do to return to Windows 10 Original Teclast? Can you create an image (.ISO) file of your files to restore from UEFI? Or could you tell me how to manually install all dirvers? I hope for your help because I’m desperate.

Salim
    Participant

Hi can you give more detailed information on the last step for windows install?  I’ve flashed android, which works fine, but now the tablet boots straight into android with no option for windows. Theres a “reboot to windows” option in android, I’ve put the folder onto a USB and tried this but the tablet still just goes to android. Its driving me nuts!  Thanks

BT
    Participant

May I ask if I can delete Android at the same time I do the factory reset?

Lahara
    Participant

Good information Tim, but I have a question……..did you actually do a factory reset before (re)installing drivers etc. or does your point 4 effectively do the factory reset?

I understand that the factory reset puts the tablet back to Chinese. Is your method the only way to overcome the reversion to Chinese problem?

Hussam El-Din Hammad Ali
    Participant

I have a problem with windows only …. should I do all the steps or just start at step 5 ??

Hussam El-Din Hammad Ali
    Participant

I found the answer to my question

I must do the whole thing !!!!

I had did it to my Taclast X16 pro and every thing thankfully went fine

Anyone needs to do his Taclast x16 pro in Egypt I’ll be pleased to help

Wish to find someway to just reinstall windows and another to install windows only

Motty
    Participant

Does anyone know how to reflash the X16 once you have removed Android?…I get an error in the Flash Tool that it is unable to reboot…any help appreciated…

Rebooted and it now is flashing…

Motty
    Participant

ok…how to get to English in Android?…

ADRIAN
    Participant

hello, I got the android part done but when I try to download the windows files Google Drive message comes up saying it cant be downloaded because or their privacy policy. is there a way around this or another spot to download the windows files? Thank you in advance

Andrew
    Participant

No matter what I tried this ‘IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe’ would simply not run because windows 10 kept blocking it. I even tried running an admin cmd window and running it without success. I turned off every form of potential blocking programme off within the window system, put exclusions into every programe I have, nothing.

However the flash tool saw my device and I continued with the flash, until 85% and it failed. At that point I put into recovery mode and was left with the factory version of android and no windows, giving me the full internal drive. So the end result was what I wanted.

Politeness is priceless when received, cost nothing to own or give, yet many cannot afford... AWM 2003

Grégoire Le Lan
    Participant

Hello

is it possible to restore only Android and keep windows untouch with this procedure?

windows is working well and I just need to “reset” Android.

If i run step 1-3-4 I will just format Android partition or All of them ?

If yes could you help me to just “re-install ” Android without impact on the windows Side?

thanks

Davide
    Participant

Hello guys,

Could someone upload on mega the windows distro? Google deleted that

David
    Participant

I am having the same issue with the teclast win files that were copied to Google.  They are no longer accessible. The native teclast files on Baidu require an account to download which in turn requires a mainland Chinese mobile number to receive the texted account confirmation code. Any other locations or alternatives for those files?

Alex Bradner
    Participant

No matter what I tried this ‘IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0.exe’ would simply not run because windows 10 kept blocking it. I even tried running an admin cmd window and running it without success. I turned off every form of potential blocking programme off within the window system, put exclusions into every programe I have, nothing. However the flash tool saw my device and I continued with the flash, until 85% and it failed. At that point I put into recovery mode and was left with the factory version of android and no windows, giving me the full internal drive. So the end result was what I wanted.

Try using the updated and Win 10 compatible driver – https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-usb-driver-for-android-devices

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar