Hi12 Battery Life thread – Post your run times here.

Hi12 Battery Life thread – Post your run times here.

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Hi12 Battery Life thread – Post your run times here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to gather info on what kind of battery life people are getting. If you could please report it here and the settings on the tablet you have, for example, Wifi on. 50% brightness. And what you were doing.

So far battery life has been great for me.

I’ve be able to get close to 9 hours of screen on time watching TV series and downloading some in the background with uTorrent. 8 hours 52 minutes watching movies using the Windows video app, 25% brightness, wireless on.

I’ve seen some people say they only get 4 hours battery life. Not sure how they get so low. What’s your Hi12 battery life?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Doc_152
    Participant

I got around 7 hours while it was working. Seemed perfectly acceptable to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s a great idea Chris. If I get my Hi12 I will also post some results. I’ll probably be using it a lot to watch some movies and the Walking Dead using Netflix. (streaming via Wifi at the same time)

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay new test today watching some TV series, some Chrome with 4-5 tabs open and downloading at the same time.

50% brightness (Display power saving enabled) Wifi on, Bluetooth on. Check it out 6 hours and 18 minutes with 42% battery left. I have to head to bed now, but if I kept it on that’s 10 hours battery life. I’m impressed. No other Chinese tablet has been able to do this.

Here’s the screen capture with Battery Bar Pro stats:

CHUWI HI12 Battery life

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Rene
    Participant

Nice to see the long battery time! Just too bad soooooo many reports of dead HI12’s.. I think it’s the batteries deep-discharge protection.  I’m still waiting for mine from Fasttech, fingers crossed for both the delivery and the Russian roulette of their CQ..

Chris G
    Keymaster

All Chinese tablets are a lottery, I’ve always said this and will continue too. Part of the risk. As for the dead ones, they are not all dead, it’s a common Atom issue. If the batteries are so low they are sometimes stuck in shutdown or mid bios boot and look off. But it’s an easy fix with a long hold of the power button and letting it charge for a good 8 hours or overnight. I’ve not experienced any such issues with my Hi12.

But my Hi8 Pro on the other hand suffers from this really bad.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Rene
    Participant

Must admit, I’ve experienced the same on both an x98 plus and x98 air III, (first using windows 10, the latter using android) But it seems that the problems users report online differ from this; the users claim to have taken the actions you’ve described, while being able to charge another device through the USB port of the tablet, but unable to boot the tablet. So it might be a more serious crash of the bios that’s causing this. I’ll disable the ‘silent’ bootup sequence in the bios as soon as mine arrives.

On android under battery usage there was a feature I’ve never seen before; it stated (rough translation) miscalculation of the batteries capacity, with an overshoot of roughly 50 percent. This might be the case, that the calibration of the batteries voltage vs battery-level is this far off, that it causes the battery to be depleted.

Kévin
    Participant

since I reinstalled windows, my battery lasts about 6-7 hours (without standby) before it lasted 10 hours and more … i dont understand.

Have you got any idea?

Chris G
    Keymaster

It has to be drivers then. That could be down to the intel gfx driver. Try a new updated driver and make sure you set everything to balanced and the power saving features on if you want battery life and aren’t gaming. I’m able to get a solid 10 hours out of mine, with the USB ports, this battery life and great screen this is my favorite Chinese tablet right now for the price.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Kévin
    Participant

Hi Chris !

when I received my tablet, I had a minimum of 10 hours autonomy by modifying the parameter intel.
    I decided to have a clean windows and I wanted to restor the tablet with the tool in windows, but this one was blocked several times to 35% and with a message announcing me that restoration was impossible . at that time the tablet was naturally plugged in and it was very hot!
    my only solution was to do a hard reset and reinstall a full installation of windows.
    Since, I naturally all the drivers installed and configured for a max of battery but the charge like that … 6-7 hrs max in continuous use (web surfing not game)

so be careful its better to do full hard reset in case of blocked the restor of windows.

sorry for my poor english language,

Rene
    Participant

I also have got a terrible slow/poor internet experience on the HI12. Webpages are slow to load.

Don’t know if this happened after the reload of windows or if it had this behaviour before.

Nemix
    Participant

Sorry to hijack this thread but this tablet is starting to look extremely tempting with the Dual Boot version coming, big display and good battery life.

How awkward is the tablet to hold using it as a tablet of course (will be only using in the house) and will if be any good for a boy age 10 (weight wise)?

Chris G
    Keymaster

@Nemix, it’s heavy and large and might be a bit too big for him if he has to hold it for a long time. It would definitely need a stand.

But please keep it on topic, this thread is about battery life.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Hello. My battery last an average of 9 hours at 15% display, and no BT use, so no complaints. However, charging time is becoming a nightmare. I left the table charging overnight last night and only charged to 73%. I always turn it off so it can charge faster.

I tried with different chargers but nothing seems to work. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

EDIT: After buying a new charger, the charging overnight issue was resolved. I think the chuwi charger is defective.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Is that web use? 9 hours is good. As for charging, I’ve found for all my tablets my Note 5 Fast charger works the best. It’s the same charger for the Galaxy S6/S7 and Note 5, possibly others.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar