Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Mickey Y
    Participant

I just found this post on a Russian forum, you can use google translate to view in your language (Or see the below post for English translation), a guy seems have worked out a script to root the dual boot hi12 android.
    Credit to that post and author, thanks Nick for translating and people who contributed to this thread; I have finally tried it today and it works,.However Chuwi support claims that it might not function well after root, well, proceed at your own risk.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=711032&st=920#entry49538787

Intel Android Driver HERE

Root Tool HERE  [install_root_my.zip]

Root Tool Mirror HERE , thanks GregorEasy

Good news! This works. I was undeterred by bricking my Windows only Hi12 and gave the script a go. It didn’t work straight away – there were a couple of steps that I had to run manually (the final busybox installation step) but it works and I have a fully rooted Hi12. High level steps:

1. Download and install intel driver
    2. Download and extract the install_my_root.zip (I put it in root of C: just to make it easier)
    3. Enable USB Debugging on the tablet and plug into PC via usb
    4. Open Command Prompt – I run as Admin just to be sure
    5. Simply run the 1_ROOT_my_Chuwi_Hi12_FIRST_TIME.bat file
    6. Hopefully you should have root – as I mentioned I had to do some fiddling with the script to get it to root and was unable to boot once (restore via the thread in the forum if this happens)

Just to confirm the SuperSU updated binaries break this. Don’t try to update through the app or manually just yet. I tried the latest binaries from XDA but they cause the issue with getting stuck on the Android logo. Hopefully we can get a fix soon, but for now we can just try to ignore the notification!

SanHayate
    Participant

That’s great news !

I’ll wait en english guide though, Google Translate has some limits here 😀

Nick
    Participant

Good news! This works. I was undeterred by bricking my Windows only Hi12 and gave the script a go. It didn’t work straight away – there were a couple of steps that I had to run manually (the final busybox installation step) but it works and I have a fully rooted Hi12.

High level steps:

1. Download and install intel driver
    2. Download and extract the install_my_root.zip (I put it in root of C: just to make it easier)
    3. Enable USB Debugging on the tablet and plug into PC via usb
    4. Open Command Prompt – I run as Admin just to be sure
    5. Simply run the 1_ROOT_my_Chuwi_Hi12_FIRST_TIME.bat file
    6. Hopefully you should have root – as I mentioned I had to do some fiddling with the script to get it to root and was unable to boot once (restore via the thread in the forum if this happens)
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tried it, works. THX !!! Awesome!

jaja
    Participant

Can someone write detailed instructions in english how to root ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Read the post from nick…

Mickey Y
    Participant

Good to see it works for you guys., but it didn’t for me, I’m stuck at the Android logo. I think I need to re-flash the rom and try again.

GregorEasy, I am looking at your Android re-flash guide, what’s the password to download the rom in your post? Can you pm me?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know the password, it’s upload from Chuwi Forum… But I have it on my Harddrive. I will upload it on Mirror and post here than brother.

Don’t try to install updated superSU binary, it will remove root and make u stuck in Android Logo. Did the same Mistake.

Nick
    Participant

Just to confirm the SuperSU updated binaries break this. Don’t try to update through the app or manually just yet. I tried the latest binaries from XDA but they cause the issue with getting stuck on the Android logo. Hopefully we can get a fix soon, but for now we can just try to ignore the notification!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any idea how to get custom recovery like TWRP? The rooting process does not install a custom recovery 🙁

Mickey Y
    Participant

don’t know the password, it’s upload from Chuwi Forum… But I have it on my Harddrive. I will upload it on Mirror and post here than brother.

There appears an alternative google drive link without password in that chuwi forum post, I have overlooked it.

Android 5.1 ROM for Dual boot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay good, so I just rooted it again (U must switch USB-Port or restart computer) To make successful root again after reflash android.

Just installed LSpeed (Root) from Google Play store and enabled the tweaks, also removed the china bloat from the tablet. Now the tablet runs fast as *****, Just runned AnTuTu Benchmark 6.1.4 – Score was 62712

Seriously we need Android Marshmallow ROM and custom Kernel for this device to tweak even more. I hope pros and developers soon show up 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made mirror of root package if link in russian forum goes down https://mega.nz/#!NZ5SgS4D!J_1YEj_vf3AZLIcO9Z9fiyr0Qkn4DKIAbnkE6ng0VvA

Richard Russell
    Participant

someone would need to go through this process

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943625

Hustoles
    Participant

Hi, what about brightness of display in android. On lowest setting is soo damn bright. Can you after root change it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar