Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Hi12 dual boot Android 5.1 ROOT

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Daniele
    Participant

Hello there,

I have tried the instructions to root the tablet.. It said that the rooting is completed. I am not really sure about that… I am doing all this as I want to change the resolution of the screen in the tablet as it is too high with games that plays with native resolutions… I have tried to install few app to change the resolutions but all tells me that cannot get root permissions!!!! What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your support

Saeid
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been successful to ROOT my Chuwi Hi12 (Dual Boot) tablet (Thanks for original post) and here is my detail steps:

1- Download and Install “Intel Driver” (Uninstall already existing one when prompted)
    2- Download and Extract the “install_my_root.zip” to a folder. For simplicity, to C: or D: )
    3- Enable USB Debugging on the tablet
    4- Be sure Developper Option has been enabled on your device.(Setting–> About Tablet –> Tap 5 times on “Build Number”
    5- Plug into PC via usb
    6- Open Command Prompt as administrator and change to location that you extracted the “install_my_root.zip” file
    7- Simply run the “1_ROOT_my_Chuwi_Hi12_FIRST_TIME.bat file”
    After reboot, the device ID does not show and it shows error. Cancel the process and back to command prompt.
    8- Now run the “2_ROOT_my_Chuwi_Hi12_AGAIN.bat” file.
    This time ID should shows as “0(root)….”. If it was, press any key to continue, After reboot the system is ROOTED.

P.S:  To lissten to advise of other guys, I have not installed the update for Supper SU and I blocked the notification.
    Please share if you did and was OK.
    However, I have installed the “Root Explorer” app and all is ok and can access to the SYSTEM partition in read/write mode.

Thanks,

k8108
    Participant

I was finally able to root successfully after many attempts, realizing I had to run the 2_ROOT file myself – it didn’t start automatically.
    For others who are searching, I finally found the way to turn off the notification for SuperSU – it’s in settings>sound and notification>app notifications.

Hope this helps someone else.

Jayrathore
    Participant

You may use this process is very helpful for rooting of android

How to Root Android

Ramon
    Participant

Do you mean using towelroot? Has anybody tested if it work with Chuwi hi12?

By the way, does anybody know if there are still problems with the SuperSU updated binaries?

Christian
    Participant

I tried to root but now I’m stuck on the Android logo screen. Is there a way to fix this? thanks

Christian
    Participant

Good to see it works for you guys., but it didn’t for me, I’m stuck at the Android logo. I think I need to re-flash the rom and try again. GregorEasy, I am looking at your Android re-flash guide, what’s the password to download the rom in your post? Can you pm me?

How did you fix the problem being stuck on the Android logo screen? I’m having the same problem

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any idea how to do this on Remix OS 2.0?

mehdi
    Participant

Hi,

I tryed the root method described in this post several time and it did not root my tablet.

But, The third time i did it, now the tablet stay on Android Logo.

So do you know how can i do to fix that problem ?

Any help is welcome !

Thank you very much.

dilpas
    Participant

It did not worked for me, same problem as tony described. Any suggestione? Thanks

dilpas
    Participant

Hey folks, I just tried this on my fresh Hi 12 (arrived yesterday) and I’m getting some errors in the script the device reboots all fine, but no ROOT. I’ve had a look at the .bat file, but it’s a little late here and I’m getting square eyes. Anyone know how to fix this?

. . Clean system … . . . Send files … push: root/system/app/Superuser.apk -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/Superuser.apk push: root/system/app/install-recovery.sh -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/install-recovery.sh push: root/system/app/99SuperSUDaemon -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/99SuperSUDaemon push: root/system/xbin/supolicy -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/supolicy push: root/system/xbin/sukernel -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/sukernel push: root/system/xbin/su -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/su push: root/system/xbin/libsupol.so -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/libsupol.so push: root/system/xbin/busybox -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/busybox 8 files pushed. 0 files skipped. 1076 KB/s (7848642 bytes in 7.122s) . . . Copy a files to your system … cp: /system/xbin/daemonsu: Read-only file system cp: /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system cp: /system/xbin/supolicy: Read-only file system cp: /system/lib/libsupol.so: Read-only file system cp: /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory cp: /system/app/Superuser.apk: Read-only file system cp: /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: Read-only file system cp: /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory cp: /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found mv: rename /system/bin/app_process32 to /system/bin/app_process32_original: Read-only file system ln: /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory cp: /system/bin/app_process32_original: No such file or directory . . . Set rights … chown: /system/bin/.ext: No such file or directory chown: /system/app/SuperSU: No such file or directory chown: /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/supolicy: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory chown: /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory chown: /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory chown: /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory chown: /system/lib/libsupol.so: No such file or directory chown: /system/bin/app_process_init: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/.ext: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/app/SuperSU: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/supolicy: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/lib/libsupol.so: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/app_process_init: No such file or directory /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/su: not found /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found . . . Wait … We finish the process. . . Now the tablet will restart (2-nd time). Press any key to continue . . .
    C:\install_root_my>

Hi there, I have exaclty the same problem. Did you solved it somehow?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Heickel
    Participant

Hey folks, I just tried this on my fresh Hi 12 (arrived yesterday) and I’m getting some errors in the script the device reboots all fine, but no ROOT. I’ve had a look at the .bat file, but it’s a little late here and I’m getting square eyes. Anyone know how to fix this?

. . Clean system … . . . Send files … push: root/system/app/Superuser.apk -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/Superuser.apk push: root/system/app/install-recovery.sh -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/install-recovery.sh push: root/system/app/99SuperSUDaemon -> /data/local/tmp/system/app/99SuperSUDaemon push: root/system/xbin/supolicy -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/supolicy push: root/system/xbin/sukernel -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/sukernel push: root/system/xbin/su -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/su push: root/system/xbin/libsupol.so -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/libsupol.so push: root/system/xbin/busybox -> /data/local/tmp/system/xbin/busybox 8 files pushed. 0 files skipped. 1076 KB/s (7848642 bytes in 7.122s) . . . Copy a files to your system … cp: /system/xbin/daemonsu: Read-only file system cp: /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system cp: /system/xbin/supolicy: Read-only file system cp: /system/lib/libsupol.so: Read-only file system cp: /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory cp: /system/app/Superuser.apk: Read-only file system cp: /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: Read-only file system cp: /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory cp: /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found mv: rename /system/bin/app_process32 to /system/bin/app_process32_original: Read-only file system ln: /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory cp: /system/bin/app_process32_original: No such file or directory . . . Set rights … chown: /system/bin/.ext: No such file or directory chown: /system/app/SuperSU: No such file or directory chown: /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/supolicy: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory chown: /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory chown: /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory chown: /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory chown: /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory chown: /system/lib/libsupol.so: No such file or directory chown: /system/bin/app_process_init: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/.ext: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/app/SuperSU: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/.ext/.su: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/supolicy: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/daemonsu: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/etc/init.d/99SuperSUDaemon: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/lib/libsupol.so: No such file or directory Unable to chmod /system/bin/app_process_init: No such file or directory /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/su: not found /system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found . . . Wait … We finish the process. . . Now the tablet will restart (2-nd time). Press any key to continue . . .
    C:\install_root_my>

Hi there, I have exaclty the same problem. Did you solved it somehow? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

same here too bro

Heickel
    Participant

I tried to root but now I’m stuck on the Android logo screen. Is there a way to fix this? thanks

try this below…it works for me

[Tutorial] How to reflash Android to Factory-Stock| Chuwi Hi12 Dualboot only |

Heickel
    Participant

ok, I manage to fix it my self or found the problems…turn out its very easy…all you need to do right click -properties and make it run as adiminstrator on these 3 files below.

adb.exe

fastboot.exe

wget.exe

VIOALLA ! 🙂

fr3d
    Participant

Is there anyway I can unroot? I just want to root the device to change the brightness value as the default lowest setting is still too bright and than unroot it back to normal.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password