Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    BoORD_L
    Participant

[official version] Hi12 flash WIN10 System Firmware and Drivers

WIN10 system firmware download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/21lgavmedwz5rpo/Hi12%20Windows10%2064bit.rar?dl=0
    WIN10 drivers download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7c3evmu8tm506x/Hi12%20driver.zip?dl=0

SOURCE CHUWI FORUM: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-167-1-1.html

“For flashing your tablet you need the power supply, a keyboard, 2 USB-sticks (one should have at least more than 4 GB!), a working PC or windows-tablet for preparing your USB stick and thats it (It didnt work for me with USB-Hub, i tried 3 different ones, also an active powered one). Your tablet should be connected to the power supply during the complete process, it needs a lot of power for that.

Step 1

Download the “Hi12 Windows10 64bit.rar” above from link below “Hi12 flash WIN10 system firmware download” and Unzip the file with the working computer, where you prepare your USB-sticks.
    Attention: The first version i got from a colleague, without any warning this file didnt completely download/unzip, it was corrupt and didnt work for me, the second one i downloaded with firefox myself was also corrupt. 3rd try with Chrome worked fine (USB2/images/install.wim file is 5.369.788 – thats why you need one usb-stick > 4GB)

Step 2

Plugin the first USB-Stick to your PC, this one at least should have a size of 512 MB. You have to format it as a FAT32 drive, and call your drive “WINPE”(you can do that also in the window for formatting) . When you have done this, copy the content of your USB1-folder to that USB stick (just the 4 subfolders and 3 files, not the USB1-folder itself). This stick is going to be your boot-stick.

Step 3

Plugin the second USB-stick with a size > 4GB (because of your install.wim file) to your PC. Format this stick as NTFS and also call it “WINPE”. Then copy the content of USB2-folder to that stick (so just the “images” folder with its 3 files).

Info: I dont know if you need to call your USB-sticks “WINPE”, its just from another chuwi-tablet-flash-instruction and it worked for me, i didnt try other names.

Step 4

Now you need to make your tablet boot from your USB-Sticks instead of the internal Hard-Disk. (In my case at the end my tablet wasnt able to boot from the Hard disk, so changing the boot order wasnt necessary, because it directly took the USB-stick – If your tablet isnt THAT broken, you should change the order ). So first shut down your tablet (holding Power-Button for at least 10 seconds). Plugin your keyboard (i would prefer a wired one) into the USB 3.0 port (the blue one) of your tablet. The other one didnt work for me in the first boot sequence (its also important in the next steps). Now you need to start your tablet in BIOS, so Press and hold the Power-Button + Volume Up for at least 5 seconds (If you see the Chuwi Boot screen Press Volume Up again). Now your tablet should directly show up the BIOS menu. Use the keyboard to switch to the “Boot” tab and change the boot order (just place “Hard Disk” at the end of the list (my order was #1 USB Lan, #2 USB Hard Disk, #3 USB Key, #4 Hard Disk). Now Press F4 (Save and Exit) and press Enter (Yes). Shutdown your tablet by holding the Power-Button for 10 seconds.

Step 5

Plugin your USB sticks. You need to put the FAT32 stick (USB1 – your Boot stick) into the USB 3.0 port (blue one), the NTFS stick  (USB 2 – image folder) into the other one. Power on your tablet (pressing the Power button for at least 5 seconds). Now your tablet should boot from your USB stick, you should see a command prompt aber the Chuwi logo. If not, read my comment below the Instruction.
    If you see the Command prompt, there should be nothing to right now, the scripts will run automatically. after appliyng the image, the tablet will shutdown. Now you have to boot again (5 seconds, you know), you will see the chuwi boot screen and the “getting started” message below. This will take a few minutes again. After that, your tablet should reboot automatically, you will see the windows 10 starting dialog for configuring your windows – thats it.

As i mentioned in the last step, there is probably something that could cause a problem while booting from your USB stick. I already said that i did a lot of trial and error. At the beginning my tablet still tried to boot from my hard disk and boot windows, but this didnt work. After a lot of trials by using the boot menu (pressing F7 while tablet is booting with chuwi logo), also my windows boot mode broke, so in the succesful try i didnt need a keyboard, because the tablet had to boot directly from a USB stick. If you get problems in here, maybe we can find a solution (probably deactivate windows boot mode in BIOS, maybe using USB-hub, maybe using and OTG-adapter for keyboard instead of power supply…)”

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, do you also have the dual boot files? 😛

BoORD_L
    Participant

waiting  😉

now on chuwi forum it’s romoured it will be avilable on april

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you point me to this chuwi forum you are talking about?

Juan
    Participant

hello there . first just want to say thanks

wanted to know  is this tabler like a normal computer? like can i make a boot usb with W10 and format it with new fresh install and install drivers after and will work like its working now?

BoORD_L
    Participant

“Can you point me to this chuwi forum you are talking about?”

In my first post look at SOURCE

“wanted to know  is this tabler like a normal computer? like can i make a boot usb with W10 and format it with new fresh install and install drivers after and will work like its working now?”

Simply yes

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah! Sorry, didn’t even see that…

I really hope that our tablet will be compatible with the dual boot bios and dual boot software.

Why does it seem to be so difficult to make these dual boot verions? I mean don’t all these tablets have the exact same hardware? (same cpu series, same WLAN card) The only thing I can think of that is different is the RAM size, screen resolution and touchscreen chip. The touchscreen chip could be the reason (12 inch needs more touch points for accuracy, so maybe it uses another chip?).

Juan
    Participant

Hey. I downloaded the drivers only file but its just FILES inside the compressed file, no setup.exe to install the drivers.

Can you please explain what do I do after I restore my tablet to install these files?

Thanks.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Hey. I downloaded the drivers only file but its just FILES inside the compressed file, no setup.exe to install the drivers.
    Can you please explain what do I do after I restore my tablet to install these files?
    Thanks.

I think as Chris has done for us they are a backup.
    If you wonna do a fresh install from device manager just point to that directory when you want to install the correct driver or you could be interested to integrate these drivers into a windows 10 ISO.
    In order to integrate drivers just follow this guide : http://www.win-raid.com/t750f25-Guide-Integration-of-drivers-into-a-Win-image.html

Why does it seem to be so difficult to make these dual boot verions? I mean don’t all these tablets have the exact same hardware? (same cpu series, same WLAN card) The only thing I can think of that is different is the RAM size, screen resolution and touchscreen chip. The touchscreen chip could be the reason (12 inch needs more touch points for accuracy, so maybe it uses another chip?).

really dunno mate

Juan
    Participant

Hey…Sorry for the bother again… But do you know how I can get this tablet to boot from the USB? I cant find anything that is working 🙁

BoORD_L
    Participant

Hey…Sorry for the bother again… But do you know how I can get this tablet to boot from the USB? I cant find anything that is working :(:(

You need to connect a usb keyboard and enter bios option like other pcs (i think by pressing delete during boot phase).

Than you can choose from wich device boot first

EDIT: HOWTO found on source in the first post

For flashing your tablet you need the power supply, a keyboard, 2 USB-sticks (one should have at least more than 4 GB!), a working PC or windows-tablet for preparing your USB stick and thats it (It didnt work for me with USB-Hub, i tried 3 different ones, also an active powered one). Your tablet should be connected to the power supply during the complete process, it needs a lot of power for that.

Step 1

Download the “Hi12 Windows10 64bit.rar” above from link below “Hi12 flash WIN10 system firmware download” and Unzip the file with the working computer, where you prepare your USB-sticks.
    Attention: The first version i got from a colleague, without any warning this file didnt completely download/unzip, it was corrupt and didnt work for me, the second one i downloaded with firefox myself was also corrupt. 3rd try with Chrome worked fine (USB2/images/install.wim file is 5.369.788 – thats why you need one usb-stick > 4GB)

Step 2

Plugin the first USB-Stick to your PC, this one at least should have a size of 512 MB. You have to format it as a FAT32 drive, and call your drive “WINPE”(you can do that also in the window for formatting) . When you have done this, copy the content of your USB1-folder to that USB stick (just the 4 subfolders and 3 files, not the USB1-folder itself). This stick is going to be your boot-stick.

Step 3

Plugin the second USB-stick with a size > 4GB (because of your install.wim file) to your PC. Format this stick as NTFS and also call it “WINPE”. Then copy the content of USB2-folder to that stick (so just the “images” folder with its 3 files).

Info: I dont know if you need to call your USB-sticks “WINPE”, its just from another chuwi-tablet-flash-instruction and it worked for me, i didnt try other names.

Step 4

Now you need to make your tablet boot from your USB-Sticks instead of the internal Hard-Disk. (In my case at the end my tablet wasnt able to boot from the Hard disk, so changing the boot order wasnt necessary, because it directly took the USB-stick – If your tablet isnt THAT broken, you should change the order ). So first shut down your tablet (holding Power-Button for at least 10 seconds). Plugin your keyboard (i would prefer a wired one) into the USB 3.0 port (the blue one) of your tablet. The other one didnt work for me in the first boot sequence (its also important in the next steps). Now you need to start your tablet in BIOS, so Press and hold the Power-Button + Volume Up for at least 5 seconds (If you see the Chuwi Boot screen Press Volume Up again). Now your tablet should directly show up the BIOS menu. Use the keyboard to switch to the “Boot” tab and change the boot order (just place “Hard Disk” at the end of the list (my order was #1 USB Lan, #2 USB Hard Disk, #3 USB Key, #4 Hard Disk). Now Press F4 (Save and Exit) and press Enter (Yes). Shutdown your tablet by holding the Power-Button for 10 seconds.

Step 5

Plugin your USB sticks. You need to put the FAT32 stick (USB1 – your Boot stick) into the USB 3.0 port (blue one), the NTFS stick  (USB 2 – image folder) into the other one. Power on your tablet (pressing the Power button for at least 5 seconds). Now your tablet should boot from your USB stick, you should see a command prompt aber the Chuwi logo. If not, read my comment below the Instruction.
    If you see the Command prompt, there should be nothing to right now, the scripts will run automatically. after appliyng the image, the tablet will shutdown. Now you have to boot again (5 seconds, you know), you will see the chuwi boot screen and the “getting started” message below. This will take a few minutes again. After that, your tablet should reboot automatically, you will see the windows 10 starting dialog for configuring your windows – thats it.

As i mentioned in the last step, there is probably something that could cause a problem while booting from your USB stick. I already said that i did a lot of trial and error. At the beginning my tablet still tried to boot from my hard disk and boot windows, but this didnt work. After a lot of trials by using the boot menu (pressing F7 while tablet is booting with chuwi logo), also my windows boot mode broke, so in the succesful try i didnt need a keyboard, because the tablet had to boot directly from a USB stick. If you get problems in here, maybe we can find a solution (probably deactivate windows boot mode in BIOS, maybe using USB-hub, maybe using and OTG-adapter for keyboard instead of power supply…)

Juan
    Participant

Amazing tutorial. Thanks for the find.

Follow up question:

i notice that it says to use the files you provide in the first post. What if I want to use my windows 10 Pro ISO I downloaded from Microsoft, would that work?

if yes, does it have to be Windows 10 NT or something like that, or can it be Windows 10 Pro regular for Windows PC?

thanks and sorry for the bother.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Amazing tutorial. Thanks for the find. Follow up question: i notice that it says to use the files you provide in the first post. What if I want to use my windows 10 Pro ISO I downloaded from Microsoft, would that work? if yes, does it have to be Windows 10 NT or something like that, or can it be Windows 10 Pro regular for Windows PC? thanks and sorry for the bother.

Regoular.

As mentioned before you can inject drivers directly into the ISO with NTLITE (http://www.win-raid.com/t750f25-Guide-Integration-of-drivers-into-a-Win-image.html)or install them after windows installation

Juan
    Participant

Again awesome reply. Thanks so much. I will do this today!

BoORD_L
    Participant

Again awesome reply. Thanks so much. I will do this today!

Welcome mate 😉

Please leave a feedback for other users about fresh installation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar