Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Juan
    Participant

Well…. You cant do it with an ISO file that was made into a bootable USB.. I am trying something else and I will get back.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Well…. You cant do it with an ISO file that was made into a bootable USB.. I am trying something else and I will get back.

Thanks for your replay.

I don’t understand what you can’t do.

Injecting drivers into the usb?

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

grame
    Participant

I upgraded the firmware on my Chuwi Hi12 using the drivers from the Chuwi forum. It needs two USBs – one for the bios boot firmware stuff and one for the Windows 10 image. (I’m not sure how this differs from the version it came with.) It’s quite a complicated and nerve-wracking process – I followed the instructions on the Hi10 forum. But all working now. My official keyboard has been shipped so am expecting that next week sometime. I will post feedback if it arrives before anyone else’s.

Overall – quite pleased with it. Loading web pages could be faster. Recharging is painfully slow while in use – so i tend to charge overnight. It’s my first tablet and I think I will probably use it more as a laptop once the keyboard arrives. If this isn’t good then I may just exchange it all for a normal laptop – this far I have found the benefits of touchscreen to be fairly minimal.

The machine remembers your Windows serial key when you do a windows restore or update to the version posted on the Chuwi site. Nice screen. Good for the money.

BoORD_L
    Participant

what do you mean with  “machine remembers your password when you do a windows restore or update to the version posted on the Chuwi site”?

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

grame
    Participant

Oops – meant Windows serial number. Sorry.

Juan
    Participant

I was a bit vague in my post.

I have a Windows 10 Pro ISO file. I used rufes to make a bootable USB with that ISO file. I made that my USB2. Following the instructions given, you can’t install a fresh install if my own Windows 10 pro with a bootable USB as I would my regular laptop.

So what I am going to try tonight is make an image file with extension .WIM (as in your download files provided in first post) and see if that works.

Ill report back then.

grame
    Participant

The thing about the process is that USB1 wipes the windows restore partition and installs the new WIM there as well as installing it as the operating system. Just installing a new version Windows means that it won’t restore if you ever need to in future. I may be wrong but this is how it seems when I watched the process occur.

Juan
    Participant

I cant load a single page at the CHUWI website, nothing works, always gives me error like bad path name for the forums 🙁

Anyways, I am doing this with the WIM i made from my ISO file, no power also cause my USB are fat and wont let the power stay on.. I hope it dont die during the process.

Ill be back soon with update.

EDIT: So I was able to do a restore with the files provided on the first post only.. I dont know why I cant do it with my own windows files but it is what it is. It was super easy though if you just use the files above and follow the instructions.

I would recommend everyone to do a restore before using the tablet when they get it. You never know what modifications have been done to it.

Valério Freitas
    Participant

Hi,

Just bought Chuwi HI12 and must say that despite that I’m pleased with the quality of hardware, I started to have problems right from begining.

The seller send me the tablet with a already user created named “g”. His excuse “to test the tablet before sending” “just reset Windows if you wish”

And after I tested the tablet for a few hours I did that! Got stuck always at 31% and in loop in reset mode every restart.

So I used a Windows 10 Pen created with Microsoft Tool – Windows Media Creator Tool. Plug the Pen Drive and a keyboard and enter Bios pressing Del at boot. Changed Boot order in UEFI to boot through  USB and started a clean install of Windows. At this point I was curious to see the partition table and recovery partiton it self to find what was the problem!

I lost my mind when found out that recovery is reduced to that 500MB Windows recovery partiton that is created from a clean install!!!!! Can anyone confirm me that yours came that way too??????

Another coriosity is that the tablet won’t let boot Windows 10 32 bits installation! Only 64 bits.(I wounder why they blocked 32bits?)

So with all this facts I diceded to do a clean install since Windows Key is stored in the UEFI bios.

No support what so ever for touch wireless or anything during and after install.

After a couple of hours strugling with drivers and almost losing my faith in human kind (lol) I found techtablets that saved me from insanaty!!!

All the drivers work out beatifully except touch driver. Installed the driver and copyed the “TouchSetting.gt” to the Windows folder, but even after several  calibrations the touch was still all messed up. Since I tryed to install drivers from others vendors in despair I tought that would fix the problem by doing another fresh install and using only the drivers provided from techtablets, but the problem persists.

Is this a firmware or software related problem??? Who knows??? Can anybody save me???

I’m running out of options or solutions……

PS: Just to inform that dropbox account is locked due a heavy traffic consumption!!! Can anyone leave a link to download firmware and so on!!???

Thank you all in advanced

Łukasz Małż
    Participant

Hi

I have to restore my Hi12 to factory settings and I got stuck always at 6% and in loop in reset mode every restart. I found rom on http://www.needrom.com/download/chuwi-hi12-x64/

Recovery in progres… 🙂

Success Hi12 brought back to life

Juan
    Participant

Hi. You will need to ADD the drivers to the IOS file/install file or the touch drivers wont work.

You can also use the file provided here on the first post and that will work. (Sorry I cant upload it I deleted it already 🙁 )

Valério Freitas
    Participant

Thank you for your concern and help Juan and Łukasz Małż !

Like we say in Portugal “I’m sturbun like a mule” and after my post and banging my head in a wall for a couple of hours I fix the problem. First rule for an IT tech=disable the signed driver option when installing drivers!! Simple isn’t it?? Second, read the post careful and don’t eat words when reading it.

The TouchSetting.gt goes to C:\WINDOWS\INF and not c:\windows.

After I installed the drivers with unsigned driver option, touch started to work properly but after every reboot it went crazy again! In this step enters the second rule “JUST COPY THE FILE TO THE RIGH PLACE” lol

So I leave here my help for others to do a clean install:

1 – Download drivers dump file from this site. Unrar it to a folder. (In my case left same name “Chuwi Hi12 drivers dump”) and copy it to a USB drive.

2 – Search web for “get Windows 10 free” (in the Microsoft page after reading for a while tou will find a link for Microsoft Media Creation Tool http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209)

3 – If you want, choose language and create 32 bits and 64 bits Windows, home and pro version, In that case you will need a 8GB USB Pen.

4 – Connect a USB keyboard(IN BLACK USB) and the PEN drive(IN BLUE USB). Power up and press DEL key several times until enter BIOS. Choose boot and modify UEFI boot to boot USB drive. Exit BIOS by saving and reboot. Leave the keyboard on and connect a mouse also (if you have a USB hub)! It will make your live easier.

5 – USB drive will boot to installation wizard. Delete all partition and just create new one and the wizard will do the rest!

6 – After the installation process, go to defenitions – update and recovery – advanced boot recovery option! (Google it if not sure). After reboot press “7”  key to disable signed driver only. Let Windows start and connect the drivers PEN. Copy files to the tablet. Open device manager select the first unknown driver with exclamation point, select update driver the “Let me choose the location of driver” then point to the main folder “Chuwi Hi12 drivers dump” and leave the thick in sub-directories locations. Press next and finish. Do this step for all drivers (about  200 times lol). Be aware graphic driver may take a while to be installed (10 -15 min), don’t despair.

7 – And most import – Copy TouchSetting.gt to C:\WINDOWS\INF (don’t be an ass like me)

8 – Connect to internet and Windows will activate by it self.

9 – Reboot and enjoy!

MAY GOD SAFE TECHTABLETS.

PiT
    Participant

They blocked 32OS system because it can`t worked with 4GB ram.

Yuandao N70|ColorFly 808 3G|Chuwi HI12 + (128GB microSD;GPS VK-172 MCDODO case:Stylus Pro Fine)

Sam
    Participant

Any idea what’s the difference between the win10 provided by Chuwi and the regular image from Microsoft?

Anyone tried with the latest?

Rene
    Participant

I just finished installing Windows 10 from an Microsoft image, thanks to Valerio for the tutorial!

It’s very straight-forward. I’ve used the drivers that are under ‘download’ in the HI12 section of this site.

Just follow the steps Valerio pointed out, they are working PERFECT!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password