Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi HI12 Win10 Image and Drivers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Kévin
    Participant
    Hi to every body,
    When I wanted to do a restore from my session windows 10,my tablet remained blocked several times on an error: “can not repair the Windows 10 session”.
    Now, when I turn on my tablet, this one stuck on a black screen (after the boot logo Chuwi).
    So I have to reinstall it and I must say I am very worried because even reading your comments I’m scared … I am not a technician, so if someone could tell me all the steps as simply possible like you speak a child…
    thanks for your answer
    Rene
    Participant

There is nothing to it, Kévin.

Try to go into windows (on your tablet or any other PC) and download the tool that Valério pointed to; it’s a builder for a bootable USB stick. It will automatically download the right files and make the USB stick bootable. By default your tablet will try to boot from USB first and then go to the internal drive to start windows 10. (so no changes are required)

Required are
    -a keyboard (you have no touch through the Windows installation) I was using a USB keyboard with integrated USB hub, so i could hook up my mouse as well
    -USB stick larger than 4GB
    -file Valério pointed to (the Microsoft tool to create the USB bootable)
    -drivers for the tablet (i did unzip the drivers and added them to the bootable USB stick (just added the folder)

Knowing this;
    -make the USB stick (minimal 4GB in size)
    -Once finished stick it into your tablet and the tablet will boot from it
    -go through the default questions of the windows installation (language, keyboard layout etc)
    -after windows copied all the files and is rebooting, remove the USB stick, otherwise it will start from the USB stick again
    -After installation disable the signed driver requirement***
    -install all the drivers

steps for this are; (source is answers.microsoft.com)
    a. Go to start and select settings.
    b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
    c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
    d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
    e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
    f. Then head into Advanced options.
    g. Then Startup Settings.
    h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, The computer will restart again.
    I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the 7 key. Now it will reboot into windows without the ‘signed driver’ enablement.

Now you need to update the drivers; You need to find the ‘device manager’ here are a few ways to open it.

You’ll find lots of incorrect installed drivers there, just point them to the location of the drivers (the USB drive you’ve copied them to) and have it search through subfolders, it will automatically hook it up to the correct driver. Go trough all the ‘unknown devices’ that are listed. Some will be installed incorrectly (they appear with an exclamation mark) this is perfectly normal, since they have dependencies on other devices to work, this will all smooth out once everything is installed). Mine did crash on the ‘power management’ driver of Intel, so i rebooted the tablet after it hung for about 15 minutes.

Another thing to keep in mind; you need to update the display driver. (otherwise your screen will be on 100% brightness, no matter what setting you use)

When this is done, Copy TouchSetting.gt to C:\WINDOWS\INF (this is for a correct functioning of the touch panel, otherwise it will act rather erratic/unpredictable)

*** I noticed that when you use the drivers as used in the opening-post (dropbox download) you probably don’t need to do this, since these drivers are already signed properly.

When the installation of the drivers are finished, just activate windows online, and it will automatically activate. (just make sure you’ve installed windows 10 home, not pro. It did install home automatically for me though.

Nemix
    Participant

Thread should be renamed to Chuwi Win10 Image and Drivers.

Unlike Android, there’s no such thing as a custom made Windows OS for specific hardware; Windows depends on drivers for hardware to work.

Android roms on the other hand are specifically made for the hardware thus the firmware is embedded into the custom made rom and is designed to only work with that specific tablet/phone hardware.

That being said, users can choose to download the Windows 10 image via Microsoft official website which is what I’d recommend over Chuwi’s Windows 10 image since the ‘real’ official Microsoft image is likely the latest build and likely not bundled with bloatware or malware.

The important thing is to make sure you have extracted the activation key for Windows on your tablet before reinstalling and have all the drivers needed for the tablet from Chuwi’s website.

BoORD_L
    Participant

I totally agree with you. ialso do prefer installing a clean Windows iso from Microsoft rep.

The title of this thread is a copy of the original one on chuwi forum.

i’ve chaged topic title.

thanks for the tip

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Kévin
    Participant

There is nothing to it, Kévin. Try to go into windows (on your tablet or any other PC) and download the tool that Valério pointed to; it’s a builder for a bootable USB stick. It will automatically download the right files and make the USB stick bootable. By default your tablet will try to boot from USB first and then go to the internal drive to start windows 10. (so no changes are required) Required are -a keyboard (you have no touch through the Windows installation) I was using a USB keyboard with integrated USB hub, so i could hook up my mouse as well -USB stick larger than 4GB -file Valério pointed to (the Microsoft tool to create the USB bootable) -drivers for the tablet (i did unzip the drivers and added them to the bootable USB stick (just added the folder) Knowing this; -make the USB stick (minimal 4GB in size) -Once finished stick it into your tablet and the tablet will boot from it -go through the default questions of the windows installation (language, keyboard layout etc) -after windows copied all the files and is rebooting, remove the USB stick, otherwise it will start from the USB stick again -After installation disable the signed driver requirement*** -install all the drivers steps for this are; (source is answers.microsoft.com) a. Go to start and select settings. b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section. c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side. d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button. e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option. f. Then head into Advanced options. g. Then Startup Settings. h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, The computer will restart again. I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the 7 key. Now it will reboot into windows without the ‘signed driver’ enablement. Now you need to update the drivers; You need to find the ‘device manager’ here are a few ways to open it. You’ll find lots of incorrect installed drivers there, just point them to the location of the drivers (the USB drive you’ve copied them to) and have it search through subfolders, it will automatically hook it up to the correct driver. Go trough all the ‘unknown devices’ that are listed. Some will be installed incorrectly (they appear with an exclamation mark) this is perfectly normal, since they have dependencies on other devices to work, this will all smooth out once everything is installed). Mine did crash on the ‘power management’ driver of Intel, so i rebooted the tablet after it hung for about 15 minutes. Another thing to keep in mind; you need to update the display driver. (otherwise your screen will be on 100% brightness, no matter what setting you use) When this is done, Copy TouchSetting.gt to C:\WINDOWS\INF (this is for a correct functioning of the touch panel, otherwise it will act rather erratic/unpredictable) *** I noticed that when you use the drivers as used in the opening-post (dropbox download) you probably don’t need to do this, since these drivers are already signed properly. When the installation of the drivers are finished, just activate windows online, and it will automatically activate. (just make sure you’ve installed windows 10 home, not pro. It did install home automatically for me though.

thanks a lot for your instructions.

all is ok now, i try to install a clean session of windows 10 and it’s very cool, with internet the windows is activated withe the key in the uefi bios…

for the drivers it was very easy, just search to updated the driver with (hi 12 driver in drop box), no problem to signed or unsigned driver.

if there are french people i can help you

thanks again for all !

Rene
    Participant

that’s good to hear Kévin!

Mine had some weird behaviour while booting for the first time fresh out of the box and recovered itself.

David Jack
    Participant

Nice post. To get password reset tool Windows 10 on Google. My choice is Windows Password Key. In only 3 minutes, I can login locked Windows computer in safest way.

See more at: http://www.lostwindowspassword

Sam
    Participant

Valerio, about that TouchSetting.gt file, why do it manually? What’s wrong with the provided install.bat?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just re-read this thread and I don’t see one crucial bit of information (apologies if I just missed it) … is there some concrete benefit to applying these files over the original version of windows/drivers that came with the tablet?

On the Chuwi forum I saw that someone commented that the tablet seemed “snappier” after applying them.

I mean, are there updated versions of the drivers? A more recent build of Windows 10? What’s the benefit?

Thanks in advance,
    Brad

Rene
    Participant

Brad: What files are you exactly referring to?

Anonymous
    Inactive

This thread is about wiping the original installation of windows and applying a new image + drivers contained in two separate files supplied by Chuwi and available for download from dropbox. The links are in the first post in the thread. These are the files I am referring to.

My question is: what does doing this actually bring in terms of benefits?

Aivaras Rutkauskas
    Participant

I guess if you chose to reinstall from official Microsoft image you are 100% sure that your copy of windows does not have malware.

Is there any possibility to install 32bit Windows 10 version to Chuwi Hi12? I understand that there are no official 32bit drivers from Chuwi. Maybe someone tried to find drivers from other tablets that have 32bit drivers? I need 32bit system because I work with some old software that malfunctions when ruining from 64bit system.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Better if you run this software in a emulated os.

I dont know if bios support 32bit version of windows but, anyway, it isn’t a good idea because it doesn’t permit you to use all the 4GB of ram  you’ve got

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

Rene
    Participant

Brad, your question strikes me as odd. This thread explains how to restore your tablet if you bricked it or damaged windows to a degree of not being functional anymore. Or to do a complete fresh installation of windows, if you just have the urge to do this.

so benificial, yes. Not working vs working tablet.

if you have a perfect working tablet,  share your time with family and friends, rather than to install the very same drivers and the very same os  with the very same results as before the operation.

it won’t be twice as fast, neither improve the wifi quality.

BoORD_L
    Participant

Anyway somepeople could be paranoic about security and they prefer a clean install and remove all doubts.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar