Hibook USB port power issue, cannot run 2.5" external hdd's

Hibook USB port power issue, cannot run 2.5" external hdd's

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Hibook USB port power issue, cannot run 2.5" external hdd's

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Andy B
    Participant

You’re welcome! Always glad to help!

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Daniele Mandato
    Participant

I have the second unit same issue. The ports on the keyboard will not power my Toshiba 2.5″ HDD. But it seems the USB type-C with an adaptor will, but only USB 2 mode (white light) My guess is the type-c also runs at USB 2 speeds like the Hi8 Pro and Vi8 Plus. @nbat58 Yes, Wifi signal is poor and weaker than my iwork10 Ultimate. The ultimate has its aerial behind plastic for good signal strength, but the Chuwi uses metal all around. That and the better screen (less air gap) and active pen support, I can already see the Cube iwork10 Ultimate is the better machine, despite the speaker placement and slower charging. 5volt 2.5A on the Cube. 5v 3A on the Chuwi via type-c.

Ah bummer, the Hibook is a lot cheaper (188 dollars with keyboard vs 217 dollars with keyboard) but oh well, good to know. Means I’ll focus on getting the Cube

Hi Chris since both are at the same price on gearbest for next 7 hours http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html i need to choose one of them! Could you please tell which is better cube flagship or this chuwi hibook and why? What about speakers on both for watching films? Thank you if you can answer me before the deals ends

Daniele Mandato
    Participant

Hi Chris I should hopefullt be getting my hibook in the post by Monday 16/05/2016, I will test it when it arrives connecting usb 2 and usb 3 devices, hopefully will repot back when this is done.

@NB Did you test yours with USB hard drives yet? I still don’t have mine yet.

Plus which keyboard is more comfortable the hibook or the cube i10 flagship?

Alwin van der brugge
    Participant

I have the second unit same issue. The ports on the keyboard will not power my Toshiba 2.5″ HDD. But it seems the USB type-C with an adaptor will, but only USB 2 mode (white light) My guess is the type-c also runs at USB 2 speeds like the Hi8 Pro and Vi8 Plus. @nbat58 Yes, Wifi signal is poor and weaker than my iwork10 Ultimate. The ultimate has its aerial behind plastic for good signal strength, but the Chuwi uses metal all around. That and the better screen (less air gap) and active pen support, I can already see the Cube iwork10 Ultimate is the better machine, despite the speaker placement and slower charging. 5volt 2.5A on the Cube. 5v 3A on the Chuwi via type-c.

Ah bummer, the Hibook is a lot cheaper (188 dollars with keyboard vs 217 dollars with keyboard) but oh well, good to know. Means I’ll focus on getting the Cube

Hi Chris since both are at the same price on gearbest for next 7 hours http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html i need to choose one of them! Could you please tell which is better cube flagship or this chuwi hibook and why? What about speakers on both for watching films? Thank you if you can answer me before the deals ends

You’re in luck! It’s still on sale for the exact same price for the next few days

Daniele Mandato
    Participant

Hi Chris since both are at the same price on gearbest for next 7 hours http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_325534.html i need to choose one of them! Could you please tell which is better cube flagship or this chuwi hibook and why? What about speakers on both for watching films? Thank you if you can answer me before the deals ends

You’re in luck! It’s still on sale for the exact same price for the next few days

I had bad experience with the cube iwork8 ultimate so I bought the hibook mainly cuz Chris said speakers are better hope I did the best choice and that the wi fi signal will not be that low to convert in a problem..

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Andy B did you text it?

I’m about to get my Hibook – and I will check it out, but I want to know what are the experience of others.

Chris G
    Keymaster

The bios update here: http://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/ (Under HiBook) It didn’t fix the USB ports on the dock or the type-c running in USB 2.0 instead of 3.0 seems we are stuck with this problem. What it did fix was wireless disconnecting problems I had in Android.

Now I’ve had random rebooting in Android and Google Play causing problems. I had to do a factory reset, seems it might be alright for now.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Andy B
    Participant

@andy B did you text it? I’m about to get my Hibook – and I will check it out, but I want to know what are the experience of others.

No, Gearbest used a slow shipping method and I still don’t have mine yet.  It has been 10 business days, but it could be anywhere from 10-25 business days.

If it’s not just a fluke on some units, Chuwi is likely to release a firmware update to fix the problem.  Afterall, their marketing says:

Chuwi Hibook comes with innovated (SIC) Type-C USB 3.0 bidirectional interface that can be inserted regardless of the positive or the negative side. The speed of data transmission and charging is improved.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

dlink377
    Participant

My USB-C port not even detecting anything.

Also the keyboard dock not even able to power the USB Harddisk.

Krille Muspk
    Participant

Seems like the port is very sensitive and you need a good USB type-c connector to get it to work, I for example have problems with 4 out of 5 of my USB type-C hubs.

Krille Muspk
    Participant

Did Chris fix the issue he had with his usb type-c port? My two Hibook powers external 2.5 driver without issue, though the port seems a little bit sensitive, so you need to have really good USB type-c connectors to get it to work. Some of my USB type-c hubs wont work on this tablet due to them not following the standard (I guess) for how the USB type-C connector should look like, most of them are too short..

Andy B
    Participant

@krille-muspk Thank you for sharing that info!  Can you please tell us which hub has been working for  you?  I have not purchased one yet, and it will be nice to know someone else has had good results with the one I purchase.

I’ve been reading a lot about bad USB type-c cables.  There are SO many which fail the standards.  Makes me wonder if some of the problems relate to the cables y’all are using.

My HiBook is probably being delivered any day since it entered California a couple days ago and I’m only two states away!  😀

dlink377
    Participant

Seems like the port is very sensitive and you need a good USB type-c connector to get it to work, I for example have problems with 4 out of 5 of my USB type-C hubs.

I am already ordered another kind of USB-C to standard USB cable. I also do think the USB-C connector on this tablet is either special or literary the cheapest port they could find, because I believe it is just working fine when connected to a charger.

I am also planning to buy USB-C Hubs that has Gigabit ethernet inside, do you have any idea which might work on this tablet, since I do not want to spend any money on USB-C device that might not work on this tablet, and I don’t have any other USB-C PCs that can use it If it doesn’t work on this tablet.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Did Chris fix the issue he had with his usb type-c port? My two Hibook powers external 2.5 driver without issue, though the port seems a little bit sensitive, so you need to have really good USB type-c connectors to get it to work. Some of my USB type-c hubs wont work on this tablet due to them not following the standard (I guess) for how the USB type-C connector should look like, most of them are too short..

My issue isn’t really the USB Type C port it will power my HDD’s but only USB 2 speeds. The real problem is the dock ports will not power an of my external HDD’s but my Cube iwork10 Ultimate keyboard dock will. (Similar dock, but will work not work on the HiBook)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Krille Muspk
    Participant

Did Chris fix the issue he had with his usb type-c port? My two Hibook powers external 2.5 driver without issue, though the port seems a little bit sensitive, so you need to have really good USB type-c connectors to get it to work. Some of my USB type-c hubs wont work on this tablet due to them not following the standard (I guess) for how the USB type-C connector should look like, most of them are too short..

My issue isn’t really the USB Type C port it will power my HDD’s but only USB 2 speeds. The real problem is the dock ports will not power an of my external HDD’s but my Cube iwork10 Ultimate keyboard dock will. (Similar dock, but will work not work on the HiBook)

Yeah USB 2.0 docks on the keyboard wont work with the 2,5 HDD as well, it lights up but its not getting enough power.
    But yeah this USB type-C on the chuwi is really sensitive, and will only work on really good USB type-c cables.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar