Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

This topic contains 79 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Diego 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

mikroLED
    Participant

Hai, wanna know, is there anyone here that has the iwork 10 that has the new usb type c plug?

is this variant already/will resolve all the issue of previous model?

Reference link of the product:

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_362211.html

Chuck Norris
    Participant

I have just received my Iwork 10 and they have made the type c port as the charger, sorry I cant tell you the speeds as I have no adapters…

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just ordered this model. Looking forward to some feedback from those who have it 🙂

I actually received the previous model and had a problem and didn’t switched on. Sent it back to China and now saw the sale at GB and went for it!

mikroLED
    Participant

Can Anyone that already has it share the experience?

Is this newest usb type c model still has the micro SD bug from previous model???

TWICE
    Participant

I just ordered it from GearBest. It’s on flash sale right now. Paid $208 + keyboard and shipping insurance. I already have the older one with microUSB and it’s working fine. Getting this Type C to test out the speed of the new port. Initially I wanted to get i from Taobao(factory direct from Cube themselves) but there’s wasn’t any payment protection like Paypal.

link to flashsale with my referral. i’d appreciate it if you can do me a favour and use my link 🙂 ending in 2 days 23 hours. http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_362211.html?vip=176070

This is a few pictures of my older iWork 10 that I received last week. Really happy with it. My friend even play LoL on it haha. I bought it from Taobao(Cube factory direct) as I can read and write chinese 🙂

Can’t believe I paid 10 USD for this rubbish stylus!

3.3GB free RAM on Android partition

Default Android apps without removing or add any of them.

Sorry guys. Had to censor his face lol

mikroLED
    Participant

^ Wow, looking nice, do you have any problem since you bought it escpecially the infamous sd card problem???

Is the tablet come with charger and usb type c cable?

George Salt
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to the forum and new to budget tablets.  Typing this on a new type-c that arrived this week.

To answer the points above:

• No charger
    • USB C to A cable included, but it’s poor.  I’ve already managed to bend the USB C connector in it’s gland.

Other points of note, the Type C iWork 10 I’ve been supplied with is blue – it matches the keyboard – not black as advertised by GearBest.  That’s a bonus for me as I prefer them to match each other but isn’t clear on the page (although the illustration is blue).

I’ve dropped a 64gb mSD card in and no problems so far.

The keyboard mouse pad gestures are a PITA, can anyone tell me how to switch them off?

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Hi,

I just received today this Type C variant. Hardly had a chance to play around with it, because I’m at work, but first impressions are very good. Touch feels a lot more responsive than Teclast X98 Plus. Closer to X98 Pro, it seems. However, Antutu gave me only 57k.

Nice screen, no bloatware in Android, only 2 apps to delete and language set to English. Still haven’t tried Windows or even to charge it (again no charger included…) Also this one is blue, not black as advertised… Too bad I bought a black case and not a blue one…

When I have time to test it a bit more, including browsing and battery, I’ll update my impressions.

Tnb Tablet
    Participant

Hi again,

For a quick update, I played around a bit with the iwork 10 Type C last night and so far, so good! Really nice fluidity on Android, no problems with Apps compatibility, including Google Now launcher (which I couldn’t install on Teclast X98 Plus or Pro), Windows I haven’t tried much, but seems fine to me. As for browsing, really nice. No problems with Chrome and wi-fi seems great in speed and connection.  MicroSD recognized in Android at first attempt. Haven’t tested Windows yet… Finally, battery life is still too early for conclusions, but I streaming in Kodi seems to take around 15% per hour. That doesn’t seem bad to me!  Only negative points would be the same I’ve seen around: The tablet is a bit on the heavy side and the speakers aren’t too loud… However, sound trought the earpiece is nice and without strange noises as I’ve notice on other chinese tablets in the past. Overall, pretty happy.

A final note for the fact that the case must have a weak magnet that turns the screen on and off, which I wasn’t expecting 🙂

George Salt
    Participant

My initial testing has left me pleasantly surprised with the performance running Lightroom CC.  Importing, raw demosaicing, processing and export functions work are all working faster than expected although substantially slower than with a “proper” laptop.  Zooming to 1:1 view is particularly slow.  Perfectly usable as an on-the-road blogging machine for a photography trip as long as you’re being selective and not trying to process every image as you go.

I don’t think I’ll be testing Sigma Pro Photo and Foveon raw files any time soon..

George Salt
    Participant

In case this is of relevance to anyone else, I’ve now tested the following photo editing software on the type C..

• Adobe Lightroom CC (with Fuji .raf raw file)
    • Sigma Photo Professional 6 (with DP2 Merrill raw file)

and both run and are very usable, although noticeably slower than on a more conventional PC.  The performance with SPP6 on the Foveon file was a very pleasant surprise.Given the reputation this software has as slow, tedious and fickle on even the most powerful systems it worked surprisingly well – not really that much slower than I’ve experienced with an i5 desktop or i7 laptop with significantly more RAM then the iWork 10.

Luigi
    Participant

Hello Guy´s,

have anybody successfully testet the USB-C Port at USB3.0 Memory Stick and Data Tranfer? My test tell me, that the USB3.0 Stick only read and write in USB2.0 Speed.

Cann annybody confirm this?

Yatagarasu
    Participant

Hello Guy´s, have anybody successfully testet the USB-C Port at USB3.0 Memory Stick and Data Tranfer? My test tell me, that the USB3.0 Stick only read and write in USB2.0 Speed. Cann annybody confirm this?

Make sure you are specifically using a 3.0 adapter to test. Often the adapters supplied are usually 2.0 speed. My iWork10 should arrive in a few weeks and I’ll be doing some testing. Hoping we can get 3.0 speeds.

Has anyone tried other USB Type-C outputs like Type-C to DisplayPort? I suspect it won’t work as it is not marked but would be interesting to test.

TWICE
    Participant

Just received my iWork 10 with Type C. Charging speed is 5.2V 2.1A using the provided cable and my 60W Anker charger. Gearbest did not include any charger ~.~

Andrew Winton
    Participant

I’m thinking of getting the type-C also, so it looks like I will need to buy a type-C charging cable. Does anyone know is this is 2A fast charging or up to 3A fast charging capable?

It also looks like it doesnt come with a screen protector, but I’m confused because they recommend a tempered screen protector, but when someone asked to verify if that was for the iwork10 flagship/ultimate, they said it is for the “iwork10 original”…am I correct in assuming these are the same thing and this will work?

Tablet: http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_362211.html
    Screen Protector: http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_340486.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password