Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Iwork10 USB Type C variant?

This topic contains 79 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Diego 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author

George Salt
    Participant

Just do a damn read/write benchmark and you will get the results responding to a 1066MHz RAM instead of 1600MHz.

I gave the results for both apps because I honestly don’t care about the finer details – you wanted one, the other guy preferred the other.  I can’t see myself worrying  all that much over the benchmark score for a Chinese tablet.

Does the Type-C run the software I want it to run? – Yes (Lightroom CC, Sigma PhotoPro 6).

Am I happy with it so far? – Yes, and if in a couple of months I’m still happy or if I’ve changed my mind I’ll come back and say.

To be honest, the one thing that made me choose the iWork10 probably doesn’t even rate in your evaluation – it’s one if very, very few models that runs a 64-bit OS out-of-the-box.  Real world usage, not some hypothetical benchmark.

And FFS chill.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Hans, did u contact gearbest.com with the complaints regarding the tablet and their false advertisement regarding the hardware this tablet contains?

Not yet, but I will in the next couple of days. I wanted to write a 1star review, but I couldnt yet, because I did not buy the tablet through my own account; my friend bought it for me with my shipping address. So I asked him if I could write a review on his account, you just can write a review if you bought it through your account. Maybe it’s just Gearbest fault and they replaced some components or asked the manufacturer for a custom build cheaper design. So thats the reason why just a few people who bought it through Gearbest got the bad RAM and other problems. Because the tablet is strangly “way” cheaper on Gearbest compared to other sellers or Cubes own shop. I even contacted Cube but they said they wont give me any help nor information of any kind and I need to contact the reseller with any complains or warranty issues.

TWICE
    Participant

Hans, did u contact gearbest.com with the complaints regarding the tablet and their false advertisement regarding the hardware this tablet contains?

Not yet, but I will in the next couple of days. I wanted to write a 1star review, but I couldnt yet, because I did not buy the tablet through my own account; my friend bought it for me with my shipping address. So I asked him if I could write a review on his account, you just can write a review if you bought it through your account. Maybe it’s just Gearbest fault and they replaced some components or asked the manufacturer for a custom build cheaper design. So thats the reason why just a few people who bought it through Gearbest got the bad RAM and other problems. Because the tablet is strangly “way” cheaper on Gearbest compared to other sellers or Cubes own shop. I even contacted Cube but they said they wont give me any help nor information of any kind and I need to contact the reseller with any complains or warranty issues.

I have both the Type C from GearBest, Type C from Cube china directly purchased and the one with microUSB 3.0 which was also purchased directly from Cube China. I will check later if it is really just GearBest selling the one with cheaper RAM or every Type C model has the cheaper RAM.

zozzo
    Participant

“BTW lot of z8300 devices are shipped with 1066mhz RAM” o_0, it’s not “a lot” it’s “a few”, and I already quoted above that it was noticed already on a reviews/test blog of a Teclast tablet a few weeks ago. Using 1066MHz ram seems to be the “new trick” of the Chinese right now to get some extra $$$ out of every sold unit for them, which is disgusting, because I would had paid the 5-10$ more to get a fast tablet instead of a slow brick.

yeah actually you are right, I have looked at geekbench scores again, and only a few models have low ram score. I should have looked at those scores more carefully before purchasing chuwi hibook. Now I understand why it was cheap, and why performance in windows is lower than expected. It was never advertised to have 1600 mhz ram so unfortunately I cannot complain to anyone. I hope you can get a refund.

J
    Participant

Hans Sprungfield, I provided the cpu-z numbers as someone else was interested in them and asked people to provide them. If you have a problem with that, then take it up with them; or better, remain silent. Your tone that you have had with some users of this forum is frankly not appropriate. You need to calm down.

JesDoias
    Participant

Same problem here:

• The ram is definitely not ddr3l but cheap normal ddr3 set at 1066 MHz ram
    • Toshiba ssd
    • no USB 3.0 with the type-c plug

For the ram settings: check either the bios or a non buggy program, e.g. windows itself:

wmic MemoryChip get BankLabel, Capacity, MemoryType, TypeDetail, Speed, ConfiguredVoltage, MaxVoltage, MinVoltage, Manufacturer, Model, Name

output:

BankLabel  Capacity    ConfiguredVoltage  Manufacturer         MaxVoltage  MemoryType  MinVoltage  Model  Name             Speed  TypeDetail
    A1_BANK0   4294967296  1500               Hynix Semiconductor  1500        24          1500               Physical Memory  1066   4

Since nothing except the ram type was advertised, we can not complain about them. Even tho it is an unbelievable cheap move from cube.

However I will complain to GearBest about the ram issue and demand a partial refund. If they refuse it, it is time for PayPal’s buyers guarantee since the product does not match the advertised components.

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

Same problem here:

• The ram is definitely not ddr3l but cheap normal ddr3 set at 1066 MHz ram
    • Toshiba ssd
    • no USB 3.0 with the type-c plug

For the ram settings: check either the bios or a non buggy program, e.g. windows itself: wmic MemoryChip get BankLabel, Capacity, MemoryType, TypeDetail, Speed, ConfiguredVoltage, MaxVoltage, MinVoltage, Manufacturer, Model, Name output: BankLabel Capacity ConfiguredVoltage Manufacturer MaxVoltage MemoryType MinVoltage Model Name Speed TypeDetail A1_BANK0 4294967296 1500 Hynix Semiconductor 1500 24 1500 Physical Memory 1066 4 Since nothing except the ram type was advertised, we can not complain about them. Even tho it is an unbelievable cheap move from cube. However I will complain to GearBest about the ram issue and demand a partial refund. If they refuse it, it is time for PayPal’s buyers guarantee since the product does not match the advertised components.

Hi, if you have refund with Gearbest or PayPal, can you send me your message… Because I french and it’s not easy to explain the problem…

Thanks

Siu Lay
    Participant

Let me know also .. I am thinking of doing the same

brainvision
    Participant

Hi guys

I just received my long waited iWork 10 Flagship (I15-TL) ordered from aliexpress, which does send me the OTG, the USB 3 type C cable, a European charger (I’m from Italy) and also (wow) earphones! 😀

I have a question, if you please, for you guys who known this tablet before me: what should I use to charge it? The type C cable or just a regular one I already own from previous smartphones and tablets? Also, does the tablet charges if it’s completely off (nor android, nor windows booted) and connected to the plug?

Thanks a lot for paying attention

see you soon

Steve C
    Participant

It will only charge using the Type C Cable. The cable Cube provides is not very good so you may discover you need to be a little bit more forceful than you would normally be when sticking it to the tablet – the connector has to go all the way in.

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

Hi, type c is rev 2 ?

Thanks

brainvision
    Participant

It will only charge using the Type C Cable. The cable Cube provides is not very good so you may discover you need to be a little bit more forceful than you would normally be when sticking it to the tablet – the connector has to go all the way in.

thanks but does the tablet need to be ON? I tried to charge it while it was completely OFF and it seems to me that nothing changed, even if I treid only for a few minutes…

Steve C
    Participant

Mine charges even when off. A blinking blue LED on the front indicates charging.

Luís Santos
    Participant

Is there an Android only image for the Type-C?

Matt
    Participant

Do you think its USB type C?
    http://www.banggood.com/Cube-Iwork10-Ultimate-64GB-Intel-Atom-x5-Z8300-Quad-Core-10_1-Inch-Dual-OS-Tablet-p-1040969.html

I wanted 10-12″ Windows tablet for 150-200$ with Stylus support. But its hard to find anything 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password