Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 441 total)
  • Author
    BBaker
    Participant

Use the slider under the battery icon.

Thijs S.
    Participant

What distro did you use, in ubuntu mate alpha 2 this doesnt work . thanks.

Any luch with the wifi driver ?

BBaker
    Participant

FYI, Ubuntu just released an update to v14.04 ( 14.04.4) with upgraded kernel v4.2 (same as in Ubuntu 15.10) and includes a beta of “Ubuntu Touch”  which should help tablet input. Probably various driver updates in there as well…

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes?_ga=1.110877445.1471714090.1456318646

BBaker
    Participant

Btw, maybe you heard. LinuxMint website was hacked recently and their ISO distribution(s) were compromised.  So don’t download or install it from anywhere until they are back online with confirmed good copies – and even more important to MD5 verify.

BBaker
    Participant

Workaround for audio not working.  No doubt there are other USB devices that work too…

http://www.linuxium.com.au/Downhome/latest/soundontheintelcomputesticksterlingcity

Thijs S.
    Participant

This one doesnt boot , only with black screen. thanks though

Thijs S.
    Participant

Anyone who has discovered a Linux distro that boots out of the box ?!  or Anyone who knows a form I should chek for linux on our device?  it is kind of dead in here sadly.

SebbaG
    Participant

Well, I think we have to wait until the new hardware will be supported by newer kernels…

As far as the touchscreen is concerned: I tested all the recent daily builds of the ubuntu-branch (kernel 4.4) and none was able to recognize the touchscreen. (lsubs, /dev/ttyS…, xinput –list didn’t show anything)

So let some time pass and then check again!

xjesus
    Participant

I am trying with XJubuntu 14.04 and kernel 4.4.4 on my Teclast X98 Plus. Also trying on beta 16.04.

I’ve tried a lot of different kernels and this has the best support so far, it supports Bluetooth, TouchScreen, rotation, etc. by default and I only miss WiFi support for the moment, but I can use it with a USB to GigaEthernet.

I’m working on a custom distro to ease the tablet usage on Ubuntu/Xubuntu. XJubuntu is a mixture of the two I’ve created where you can choose to login on Unity or XFCE. Unity is better for tablet/touch mode but XFCE performs way better for desktop usage with mouse/keyboard.

I am uploading the last ISO to SourceForge on the Folder “Tablets Intel” if someone wants to try it. My upload speed is not fast and it’ll take at least 5 hours still (3.3GB).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xjubuntu/files/Tablets%20Intel/

xjesus
    Participant

I’ve just uploaded it here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xjubuntu/files/Tablets%20Intel/

I’ll upload a couple of releases tonight one with Ubuntu 14.04 and kernel 4.4.4 and the other with Ubuntu 16.04 and kernel 4.4.0

Please try them out and let me know how this works for you.

You can customize them and make other versions as well thanks to PinguyBuilder included. It makes UEFI enabled distros with 32/64 bits, so there is no problem with our Cherry Trail tablets 🙂

My main problem now is that my Teclast X98 Plus tablet has a faulty partition table that doesn’t let me install Linux on the internal MMC and the external SD card doesn’t show up. So I can only try to install Linux on external USB drives for the moment…

Has somebody got access to the SD slot from some Linux distro?

Thanks!!

Thijs S.
    Participant

Ill try it soon on our ch10 and let you know. keep it up

Cristian Viaplana
    Participant

Hi!
    I am trying to boot a linux based SO (similar to black-track) but even if I reboot with the SO in the USB and the USB Key option as 1st option, it does not boot from the USB. Do you have any idea why this is happening? The only device not recognising my “USB-SO” when I boot it from the USB is this one…

Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve uploaded new releases with new kernels. Please try them out and let me know your experiences.

Thijs S.
    Participant

Hopefully these xjubuntu builds will boot.  the previous didnt.

Thanks for the links!

xjesus
    Participant

Ups! I just realized the 16.04 ISO is wrong… I’ll upload it tonight…

And the 14.04 is missing the installer. I’m fixing them both and upload them tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 441 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar