NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate NEWBI GUIDE TO INSTALL REMIX OS 2 ON CUBE IWORK 10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

You mentioned above that you have twrp and also rooted it before, so I am sure you already had the modified boot.img and don’t know if it’s not working or not.

yes I have the modified boot.img but didn’t flash it at all.

there is rooted boot.img that I flashed after installing and booting remix os.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Could you please include all the links? The Intel drivers do I have to install all this for it https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite ? Or is there somewhere else drivers only?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Also isn’t Remix OS 3.0 out yet already with Android 6.0? Will it be available for these tablets too?

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

And I see there is an official image by Jide: http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/cubei10 why not using that one?

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

Could you please include all the links? The Intel drivers do I have to install all this for it https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite ? Or is there somewhere else drivers only?

OK I will include all links as soon as possible..

NO NEED FOR INTEL FLASH TOOL FOR INSTALLING REMIX BY THIS WAY

ALL YOU NEED IS ADB AND USB DRIVERS

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

Also isn’t Remix OS 3.0 out yet already with Android 6.0? Will it be available for these tablets too?

yes.. remix os 3 is already there.. but you can only install from Windows part.. but there are issues with wireless, Bluetooth and sound

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

And I see there is an official image by Jide: http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/cubei10 why not using that one?

this is cube i10 not cube iwork 10.. it has different processor Intel Bay Trail-T Z3735F.. but you may try if you want and tell us what happens

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I followed your guide step by step also flashed TWRP and the modified type-c boot.img and the tablet is now bricked… After flashing system (12. TYPE “fastboot flash system system.img”.. WAIT UNTIL FLASHING ENDS THEN REBOOT YOUR DEVICE.) I rebooted, selected Android. And now just the CUBE logo comes, and then after some moments it boots into TWRP. There comes the message “failed to mount /data” then it reboots again. There is no data mount option in TWRP so also can’t do a date wipe…

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

<b>sorry for that man.. hope that you made backup </b>

for data mount do this but you will lose your previous data..

go to TWRP select wipe>>advanced wipe>>check data >> repair or change file system >> change file system >>ext4

then try reboot..

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I have to say I am not a total noob, I’ve flashed phones before with adb. So I know how to flash partitions with it and how to unlock a bootloader. But why didn’t it work for me? I assure you, that I followed the guide step by step. All uploades were 100% and finished, all worked fine with adb. Why isn’t it working now? No I did not make any backups because I trusted your guide.

Clicking Android, the chinese logo appears for some moments, then it reboots. Select Android, then again chinese logo, than TWRP will load (whatever reason for), it will say can’t mount data a few times, and will reboot again.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Trying to wipe data

View post on imgur.com

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

“go to TWRP select wipe>>advanced wipe>>check data >> repair or change file system >> change file system >>ext4”

View post on imgur.com

Doesn’t work too.

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

may be you had some apps that are not compatible with remix os.. we should definitely add format factory and wipe cache delvick and data to the guide.

anyhow to mount data try all of this:

– try repeating the above method several times it should work eventually.. you can try using ext3 instead of ext4.. I had same problem with same error messages and it worked for me.

– try unlock bootloader and flash modified boot.img.

– try “fastboot erase data”

– if you have the stock rom try to flash it using Intel flash tool using “blank” the in configuration or at least try to flash system only using adb to save your data.

– last option will definitely work : make gparted-live usb using rufus and format your data partition to ext4 or ext3

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

“try repeating the above method several times it should work eventually.. you can try using ext3 instead of ext4.. I had same problem with same error messages and it worked for me.” lol? and you didn’t think this was any hint worthy or of importance to tell before or to put in the guide?

What do you mean… it “eventually worked”. So the guide totally isn’t complete. So you already did this before at some point, before you switched to Remix OS!? And didn’t think this was important? Also why does the partition table of your tablet, which you posted before here

http://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/20160806_173030.jpg

says “unknown” for data?

The bootloader is unlocked… and the modified c-version is on it, like I already said.

Could it be my tablet, whatever reason why, has a different name for the /data partition, or it has a different #number in the table, so TWRP wont have the correct number to mount, and the rom also can’t mount it and wont boot…

Do you have the original recovery.img from the c-version?

Mohamed Hussein
    Participant

I had several bricks before I could make it.. this image was when unit was briked.

I will tell what happened exactly :

my device was totally bricked android was not booting.

I flashed the stock rom using Intel flash tool with “blank” configuration.

my tablet worked with stock android.. there were no any apps except stock bloatware.

I started adb and flash only system.img and rebooted into android and remix work out of the box.

so once you are bricked you can go through this process as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar