[OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

[OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum [OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Edit – Admin: Warning this dual os bios is bricking units, please hold off until we confirm which models this will work on.

Files:

Chuwi Hi12 Android OS (for Dualboot) link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cclog8tyn929tl/Chuwi%20Hi12%20Android%20OS%20%28Dual%20OS%29.rar?dl=0

Chuwi Hi12 Windows 10 OS (for Dualboot) link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5hrc1asmcsspq3/Chuwi%20Hi12%20Win10%20OS%20%28Dual%20OS%29.rar?dl=0

Chuwi Hi12 Bios (for Dualboot) link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/petgwndpvo13byz/Chuwi%20Hi12%20Bios%20%28Dual%20OS%29.rar?dl=0

International source: CLICK ME 🙂

Chinese source: CLICK ME 🙂

The chinese source has some different files.(provides dual boot as a whole package)
    And I think they also provide a android only option?

Let’s do some flashing 🙂

alessandro
    Participant

finally…

soon (just a couple of week) we will have an official guide too 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, I checked the bios files and I think we have to put them on a bootable USB stick or something. But a guide on how to do this would be nice

I also checked the chinese page and added it to the first post. I do see some disturbing (translated) text:

“This version is the domestic version of the Chinese language single single system can not brush this link dual system firmware , remember !”

So single system can’t update it? But can we after upgrading the bios?

Badger Huss
    Participant

Thanks Chuwi!

A basic guide would be useful but I appreciate the time to take care of customers, this company is one to watch

Nick
    Participant

Guys I tried this and it has bricked my Hi12 – I would wait until Chuwi verify what models this is for as evidently it is not for all Hi12s!!

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

wait before try, flash fail on mine, trying with hardware flasher and test the dualboot bios, if not work i will revert back to single os bios

wait for report

Nick
    Participant

wait before try, flash fail on mine, trying with hardware flasher and test the dualboot bios, if not work i will revert back to single os bios wait for report

Let us know how it goes – are you using the  C341a flasher? I ordered one so hope to try this too once it arrives. Can you post your steps if you succeed?

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

wait before try, flash fail on mine, trying with hardware flasher and test the dualboot bios, if not work i will revert back to single os bios wait for report

Let us know how it goes – are you using the C341a flasher? I ordered one so hope to try this too once it arrives. Can you post your steps if you succeed?

like chuwi say, this bios is not for Win10 only OS, only for dualboot version … 🙂 so no need to try 🙂

fully earsed the chip, blank, programming, verify, with programmer chip is winbon 25Q64V

no succes so far with single os or dualboot flashed… tablet wont boot, or maybe problem with Ic charging chip …. but no charging no boot

OlliFromGermany
    Participant

You have to be carefull. The eeprom in my Hi12 is a Winbond 25Q64FW. that’s a 1.8V type. most programmers are 3.3 and 5v. my tablet is also not booting (see my post in the chuwi forum). the SOC tries to boot an retrieves data from the eeprom. but no sign of life. i also want to reburn the eeprom or change it. i hoped that helps but your post makes me sad…… ;((((

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

You have to be carefull. The eeprom in my Hi12 is a Winbond 25Q64FW. that’s a 1.8V type. most programmers are 3.3 and 5v. my tablet is also not booting (see my post in the chuwi forum). the SOC tries to boot an retrieves data from the eeprom. but no sign of life. i also want to reburn the eeprom or change it. i hoped that helps but your post makes me sad…… ;((((

if you open you tablet to hardware flashing, be carreful there is waranty sticker on bios cpu’s cover
    use air dryer to warm up the sticker then lift up the sticker genlty with small kniff to not break it … then you can cover back and sticker will be on

Chris G
    Keymaster

@spzjulien Unplug the battery if possible and try that. Does it do the Windows new hardware beep? Otherwise you could be blinking and wiping nothing. And a write error means it’s not connected correctly.

Try wire up a local level converter to get 1.8v

Edit: this will help. It’s the Cube iwork10, but relevant: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/dual-os-version-announced/page/2/#post-27702

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

@spzjulien Unplug the battery if possible and try that. Does it do the Windows new hardware beep? Otherwise you could be blinking and wiping nothing. And a write error means it’s not connected correctly. Try wire up a local level converter to get 1.8v Edit: this will help. It’s the Cube iwork10, but relevant: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/dual-os-version-announced/page/2/#post-27702

i allway desolder the battery, and flash succes, but wont boot with dualboot bios or single os bios..
    about your link this is exactly what i do when progamming chip … i even try with my professional programmer that support ton of ic

Now about the dualboot bios, here what offical say about it :
    bios is for dualboot Hi12 version
    bios is for win10 single chinese os
    bios is NOT for win10 single os but with more lang than chinese, they call it win10 single os Internaltional version

Chris G
    Keymaster

Oh that’s odd it doesn’t work if you and verifying it all and it flashes just fine. That doesn’t sound right, maybe the chip is fired? Edit, it can’t be if you can still flash it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

OlliFromGermany
    Participant

Programming the eeprom is done at very low frquency. the SOC of the Z8300 reads the data at about 20MHz. I’ve read about a Winbond series that had problems at higher frequencies. it may be possible that the used 26q64 produces errors at working frquencies. i will change it on my board and see what will happen. did you make a dump of the stored data? is it equal to the bin file in the bios package?

Daniel
    Participant

From Chuwi Official,

I mean that you can return your tablet to Chuwi factory if you want to upgrade your old hi12 (only win10) to dualboot (win10 +android) ,but the mainboard and touch panel are original except for adding android os. And upgraded hi12 don’t still support stylus. Only new version hi12 can support stylus.
    So old version hi12 and new version hi12 are difference between mainboard and touch panel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar