[OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

[OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum [OFFICIAL][WINDOWS + ANDROID 5.1] Dual Boot files from Chuwi

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

@spzjulien Any luck getting your Hi12 back to the Windows 10 only bios? Shame you’re is bricked, I feel lucky mine is still working as I was as close as placing my USB pen with the bios file in my Hi12. But I just happened to see the updates it was bricking 🙁

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

@spzjulien Any luck getting your Hi12 back to the Windows 10 only bios? Shame you’re is bricked, I feel lucky mine is still working as I was as close as placing my USB pen with the bios file in my Hi12. But I just happened to see the updates it was bricking ?

no nothing, but maybe is the best i will send it back get refund and order dualboot, this tablet is a crap, specialy first version
    i did get some trouble sometime to turn it on since i get it … without mod it … so maybe ist better like that to change it
    i did order it by paypal so i should get shipping refund by seller or paypal ..
    no big deal i have some teclast, i can wait

chuwi say that only factory can transform win10 only intl version to dualboot, so ist of course possible, but they wont release files for, u have to send them back
    they have some stupid policy, tired of chuwi

by the way teclast desipe some bug, are far more superior than chuwi, in term of HW design and software …

winston smith
    Participant

Hope there will be a remix os version. That’s what i have on my teclast and cube i7 and that’s definitly a game changer. Could not come back to regular android. I will play with remix os file system in the hope i can port it for teclast x98 plus, and if succesfull, will give a try to hi12.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Hope there will be a remix os version. That’s what i have on my teclast and cube i7 and that’s definitly a game changer. Could not come back to regular android. I will play with remix os file system in the hope i can port it for teclast x98 plus, and if succesfull, will give a try to hi12.

you need the source for that, but you can try to play with 🙂
    missing driver for chuwi and x98 plus : touchscreen, wifi, bluetooth and audio
    good luck with that ….

better to try to add driver (if you find them) and compile android-x86 … since source advable ….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m thinking of returning the tablet, because Chuwi said dual boot would be supported.(and it doesn’t seem to be)
    But my best reason is that the tablet produces a high frequency sound when the brightness is between 0 and 25%. :/
    I also sent my first X98 Air 3G back, so it’s not the first time(I had GPU problems)

I’m thinking of returning the tablet, because Chuwi said dual boot would be supported.(and it doesn’t seem to be) But my best reason is that the tablet produces a high frequency sound when the brightness is between 0 and 25%. :/ I also sent my first X98 Air 3G back, so it’s not the first time(I had GPU problems)

If it doesn’t support dual boot its either that you purchased a non dual boot version or your supplier lied/made a mistake.

As for the high pitch whine at 0-25% brightness, I’m interested to hear if other users are having the same problem as you.

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Thank God I don’t have any high frequency sound. I have my brightness at 15% and updated Intel sound drivers. I disabled all Intel graphics features.

How do I determine if my Hi12 can run dual boot?

Daniel
    Participant

Thank God I don’t have any high frequency sound. I have my brightness at 15% and updated Intel sound drivers. I disabled all Intel graphics features. How do I determine if my Hi12 can run dual boot?

windows only do not support

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

So Daniel, if your Hi12 only have W10 now like mine, then no dual boot capable?

Daniel
    Participant

according to Chuwi official,no dual boot for the windows only tablet since both the motherboard, bios and touch screen are not the same.

Rogus Mortem
    Participant

Shit! Lol

winston smith
    Participant

you need the source for that, but you can try to play with ? missing driver for chuwi and x98 plus : touchscreen, wifi, bluetooth and audio good luck with that …. better to try to add driver (if you find them) and compile android-x86 … since source advable ….

Maybe by playing with system-ui.apk, framework-res.apk and framework.jar… there is a tutorial on xda for that. Doing so you keep the driver of the stock rom and modify only user interface files… But i don’t know if this will work.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Maybe by playing with system-ui.apk, framework-res.apk and framework.jar… there is a tutorial on xda for that. Doing so you keep the driver of the stock rom and modify only user interface files… But i don’t know if this will work.

no u cant kernel and drivers have nothing to do with framework_res.apk and systemUI.apk ….. good luck with that

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

according to Chuwi official,no dual boot for the windows only tablet since both the motherboard, bios and touch screen are not the same.

not really true. only win10 mutli lang (call international version)is not supported but if you have win10 single chinese OS it can be converted ! 🙂
    but, if you have W10 intl version chuwi say for converting it you need to send back to factory, and factory will convert it for you !

so now i did send my dead tablet back, (got refund + shipping return refund) and i choice to NOT order a new one, chuwi is totaly not reliable, and the tablet look nice, and great screen, but maintboard is shit as hell …. is a joke …. i will wait teclast release nce 12″ tablet, chuwi is far behing

Kostas
    Participant

I agree with you but when teclast will release a 12″ tablet?
    I have one hi12 and I am angry with the dual boot problem and with the tablet by itself.
    When you handling you can hear creaking.

About the x98 plus I own it is good quality but it have really big PROBLEM with the Sd card.
    It does not work in most of the tablets..

Now I need a tablet and I do not know what to buy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar