reinstall new windows 10 problem

reinstall new windows 10 problem

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops reinstall new windows 10 problem

This topic contains 46 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Ray Dollars 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Yeah ive just today bought a new cheap 12V 2A ac charger … still no good. Tempted to get a 3A charger might get more luck with that. Ive been speaking to my supplier hopefully I can get a return/refund sorted.

At least that saves me from trying a new charger… Did you purchase through Gearbest?

Mike
    Participant

Got it off an aliexpress seller actually. Have you tried installing a new copy of windows doing a low level format?

Mike
    Participant

Reinstalling windows via USB seemed to have fixed the problem for me previously it was resetting after being on charge for less that 10 minutes every time. So far I have been setting up from the clean copy of windows 10 plugged in for the last two hours without any problems. Just used the windows media creation tool.

<span>https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10</span&gt;

Anonymous

Great to see you are getting some traction.

Please let us know if your solution sticks.  I might give it a try in the next day or two.

Mike
    Participant

The problem seems to be solved for me, not froze since after using it all today

remy
    Participant

hello mike , i will try but how can you get your existing  windows 10 key ,  when  the boot on F7 is failing?

thanks bertrand

Derrick
    Participant

Hi Mike, it’s still working fine? I’ve done the reinstalling of win but not from the USB, and the problem persist after two days. Teslast said to me that they have some firmware to solve it. Will see

Anonymous

Derrick, did they say how to get the firmware? And if not yet available, when it will be available?

Mike
    Participant

The problem came back, possibly because I kept the files from the previous installation of windows. I fully formatted this time and not had any issues just yet, but time will tell.

This problem is really strange it only froze when on charge which implies its a hardware fault. But after reinstalling windows it fixes the problem atleast temporarily, implying software is to blame. Very confusing.

In response to remy you dont need your windows key when installing you can just select ‘do not have windows key’ and it will activate from your previous installation.

Derrick keep in touch if you manage to get that firmare

Derrick
    Participant

I’ve read that this problem doesn’t occur in safe mode or with power services off

Kyriakos
    Participant

So I got the same freeze problems on the SSD version of F7. I noticed that if you boot via USB there are no problems (i.e. make an ubuntu live USB and it all seems to work fine). Then use Ubuntu and play around with the files on the SSD disk and it all locks up freezes. This led me to believe the problem is the SSD drive that comes with the laptop. I bought a new one and will test it out, hopefully its just the SSD and not the motherboard itself the issue. If that is the case you can fix your problems for about 20-30 euro. I’ll post an update when i’m done.

Ray Dollars
    Participant

I’ve tried SSD and eMMC drives. Clean reinstalls of Win 10 and the Teclast firmware update. Nothing works. Laptop works fine on battery power but randomly freezes on mains power. This must be a known problem if so many are experiencing the same thing. Shame, I liked this computer.

Michele
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem…laptop freeze randomly…

remy
    Participant

Hope the freeze happen only during winter Season ( lol?)

Michele
    Participant

I’ve tried SSD and eMMC drives. Clean reinstalls of Win 10 and the Teclast firmware update. Nothing works. Laptop works fine on battery power but randomly freezes on mains power. This must be a known problem if so many are experiencing the same thing. Shame, I liked this computer.

Did you solve the problem? My laptop works fine on battery but freezes on charger…
    <pre class=”tw-data-text tw-ta tw-text-small” lang=”en”>
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password