Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I tried to install Remix OS on my 3G (A6C9) but I just can’t get it flashed.

I downloaded and unzipped Remix OS 2.0 from the Jide Website, installed the Intel Platform Flash Tool and the drivers, then flashed Mireks V3 via his .bat and let it boot to the language setup screen.

When I now start the flash tool, I can choose the flash.json file and so on, but the flash tool just doesn’t recognize the tablet so that it won’t flash the file.

In DnX-Mode the tool recognizes the tablet, but then I get an error like “flash tool does not know how to reboot the device” or something like that.

So I’m currently stuck on Mireks V3, which is really great (especially compared to the stock ROM), but I would love to try Remix OS.

Any ideas what I should try? Thank you!

winston smith
    Participant

Create an empty file that you name flash-system.bat

In the file, write the following :
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>fastboot flash boot boot.img</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>fastboot flash system system.img</p>
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>reboot</p>
    Put the file in the folder of the rom. Enter fastboot mode on your tablet [volume – + power]. Plug it on your computer. Double-click on flash-system.bat. It should get the job done.

winston smith
    Participant

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

reboot

Rob
    Participant

What about all the other files in the folder aside from boot.img and system.img?
    Are they also flashed with this method?

E: okay, I now successfully flashed it via the flash tool v1.1 provided in spzjuliens thread.

I copied all the files from the Remix OS zip file into the ROM folder of the tool and flashed it.

Runs quite well so far and looks just beautiful, although there are some apps like facebook not working yet.

Christoforos Cosma
    Participant

The updated files on official site are working or not ? I see its different sizes and partitions ! Someone find a solution or wrong files ?

Rob
    Participant

I flashed the files from the official website and they are working (A6C9).

winston smith
    Participant

There is no need to flash all the. These are only needed if you doma fresh start (like after a repartition). If you compare the stock rom with remix rom, you will see that only system.img, boot.img, recovery.img are different. All the others are the same partitions file than the ones currently installed on the tablet. No need to flash them again.

If you happen to soft brick your tablet, all you have to do is to flash system.img to start again with a working rom. That very convenient because you never loose your data and you don’t have to install all your app again.

But you will have to root again since root files are in system partition, unless you make a backup of your rooted partition with dd command and repack it in the right format with ext2simg linux tool [Android system image are compressed ext4 partition image and fastboot only accept them].

Rob
    Participant

I’m currently really not sure whether I should keep Remix OS or go back to Mirek V3…On the one hand it is really beautiful and cool, on the other hand it uses very much battery in standby compared to Mireks and even stock ROM and it lags really bad sometimes and takes very long to wake up from standby 🙁 Is anyone else experiencing those problems?

Did you use the files from the first post or the ones from the website?

Christoforos Cosma
    Participant

Can you show me how ?

winston smith
    Participant

Can you show me how ?

Read the thread.

winston smith
    Participant

They are exactly the same. I compared remix website rom, teclast forum rom and the one at the beginning and they are the same, even if there is a difference in serial number. Spzjulien just made aviable the rom from teclast forum [hosted on Baidu] for users outside China.

winston smith
    Participant

I’m currently really not sure whether I should keep Remix OS or go back to Mirek V3…On the one hand it is really beautiful and cool, on the other hand it uses very much battery in standby compared to Mireks and even stock ROM and it lags really bad sometimes and takes very long to wake up from standby ? Is anyone else experiencing those problems? Did you use the files from the first post or the ones from the website?

Not sure it’s about the rom. It’s look like a service is running in the backgroup, preventing the tablet to enter sleep mode.

I personnaly rooted and and frozen service i didn’t use, like telephony or cellular data.

You should root and install wakelock detector and test it without usb plug to see what consume energy when the tablet is not actively used.

You could also try to flash the regular stock rom boot.img partition from spzjulien root tools v2. [It’s necessary if you want to root]. That’s not the same kernel as the remix one but it’s still working. Maybe it’s related to kernel.

x98plusA5C8
    Participant

Winston, I am facing some sound and display related hangups with the official remix rom. I would like to try flashing the stock rom boot.img and see if it helps. I haven’t rooted the remix rom yet.
    I downloaded Root.X98Plus.V2.0B.by.spzjulien from your mega.nz link. I see 2 relevant files in that extracted folder root.bat and boot-root.img .

should I run the root.bat file in fastboot mode,
    then run “fastboot flash boot boot-root.img”
    or should I flash boot-root.img first and then run the root.bat file.

Thanks

winston smith
    Participant

If i remember well, root.bat contains instruction to first flash the boot.img then root the tablet when it restart after flash. You only need to put the tablet in fastboot mode [power + volume -] before pluging it to the computer and double click on the root.bat file.

Mathias
    Participant

Hello together,

there is no problem for installing and getting back to windows 10. If i have a teclast x98 plus A5C6.

Thanks

Mathias

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar