Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    winston smith
    Participant

is it dual boot ?

Koham
    Participant

Thanks,
    Flashing the boot.img from the teclast stock rom did help with my music/display issues.
    I found another issue with RemixOS (both with jide & stock boot.img), the camera is not accessible to other apps. the camera works well with the camera_app, but when I tried to install lux/velis (to adjust auto-brightness based on camera sensor), or snapchat, the app doesn’t have access to the camera. Is anyone else facing this issue.

Also is it possible to bring the boot-to-windows app/script which was present in the stock rom to RemixOS.

Pablo
    Participant

Hi. I want to install the Remix Os. I tried to flash it after installing the mirek rom but when the flash tool is flashing the system.bin give me an error and failed. I resized the first time the android partition to 16gb, could be that the problem ?

I also tried with the flash tool of the android rom and nothing. Someone can help me ?

Thanks!

EDIT: Finally i flashed it but it dont continue from the remixos logo. what i need to do ?

Fat
    Participant

Hi. I want to install the Remix Os. I tried to flash it after installing the mirek rom but when the flash tool is flashing the system.bin give me an error and failed. I resized the first time the android partition to 16gb, could be that the problem ? I also tried with the flash tool of the android rom and nothing. Someone can help me ? Thanks! EDIT: Finally i flashed it but it dont continue from the remixos logo. what i need to do ?

Hi. I want to install the Remix Os. I tried to flash it after installing the mirek rom but when the flash tool is flashing the system.bin give me an error and failed. I resized the first time the android partition to 16gb, could be that the problem ? I also tried with the flash tool of the android rom and nothing. Someone can help me ? Thanks! EDIT: Finally i flashed it but it dont continue from the remixos logo. what i need to do ?

You need to wait i think. First boot take a long time.

Roberto67
    Participant

Buon giorno a tutti chiedo il vostro aiuto, ho comprato un teclast x98 3g plus.

Vorrei fare il root, dove posso trovare un tutorial semplice da capire.

Il modello e: teclast x98 3g plus (A6C9) android 5.1 + Win 10

Versione Kernel: 3.14.3

Versione Build: v1.03_20160307

Versione Banda Base: J461_X<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>4J.21.07</span>

Grazie della vostra disponibilità.

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

I  know first boot is supposed to take quite a long time, but now it’s been on the Remix OS logo for over an hour. Should I just leave it over the night(sort of bedtime here soon) or should I try to reflash it? Or perhaps flash spzjulien’s ROM, which is the ROM I came from, again first?

Edit//

I flashed spzjulien’s ROM again, and noticed that all my settings and apps was still there.
    So did factory reset, and… All apps and stuff was still there. Did factory reset again… It worked. Clean Android.
    Flashed RemixOS again. No problems. I know I read somewhere that RemixOS don’t like “dirt flashes”, though I assumed that a flash actually wiped it all. Oh well. Now I know it doesn’t.

So. For everyone else. Do a factory reset before flashing RemixOS. It’ll work as a charm.

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

Buon giorno a tutti chiedo il vostro aiuto, ho comprato un teclast x98 3g plus. Vorrei fare il root, dove posso trovare un tutorial semplice da capire. Il modello e: teclast x98 3g plus (A6C9) android 5.1 + Win 10 Versione Kernel: 3.14.3 Versione Build: v1.03_20160307 Versione Banda Base: J461_X<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>4J.21.07</span> Grazie della vostra disponibilità.

Si può guardare a questo thread su XDA.

Daniél Lecoq
    Participant

RemixOS works as a charm, except for a few apps which doesn’t play nice for me. I’ll try to investigate and see if I can get them to run, and if I do, I’ll post it here.
    Touchscreen seems better, the OS is more fluent than stock.

List of apps that doesn’t work for me.

Facebook(Official app)
    Messenger(Facebook)
    Any third party keyboard I’ve tried, Google Keyboard, Chroooma Keyboard(The stock keyboard doesn’t play well with Swedish, which is why I try to get something else.)

I’ll edit the list when I’ve had time to test it more.

How’s it going for the rest of you? I’ll try the Nova tricks mentioned by Winston next.

Marcin Jarzębski
    Participant

i have the same problem, i have a6c9 edition and after installing remix os2 which I really like, some apps don’t work. I don’t really care about cam but apps like facebook or messenger are quite important for me.

I

Maheep Maurya
    Participant

Anybody tried this on new X98 Plus II? I am guessing this to work as internals seems to be same in both the versions and only outer body us changed.

Jason
    Participant

I have a C2D4 x98 plus II, it doesn’t work.

I ran android, then tried to flash RemixOs (Remix.Os.Teclast_x98plus-2.0-5.1.1-B2016042001-signed), it works at the beginning but failed when the system.imf flashing.

On the tablet, written in red: “Attempt to skip outside of partition”, “Erasing system… System done. Receiving xxxxbytes… Flashing system …” and again “Attempt to skip outside of partition”.

In Intel Phone Flash Tool:

09/11/16 16:47:02.896 INFO : [Port 2/2] Running “C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Phone Flash Tool\fastboot.exe” “-s” “Default0string” “flash” “system” “H:\Teclast\Remix.Os.Teclast_x98plus-2.0-5.1.1-B2016042001-signed\system.img” command

09/11/16 16:48:01.420 WARNING: [Port 2/2] Command “C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Phone Flash Tool\fastboot.exe” “-s” “Default0string” “flash” “system” “H:\Teclast\Remix.Os.Teclast_x98plus-2.0-5.1.1-B2016042001-signed\system.img” failed

09/11/16 16:48:01.420 INFO : [Port 2/2] Retrying “C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Phone Flash Tool\fastboot.exe” “-s” “Default0string” “flash” “system” “H:\Teclast\Remix.Os.Teclast_x98plus-2.0-5.1.1-B2016042001-signed\system.img” command

09/11/16 16:48:57.387 ERROR : [Port 2/2] Command “C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Phone Flash Tool\fastboot.exe” “-s” “Default0string” “flash” “system” “H:\Teclast\Remix.Os.Teclast_x98plus-2.0-5.1.1-B2016042001-signed\system.img” failed

09/11/16 16:48:57.387 ERROR : [Port 2/2] Flash failed (Command type: Fastboot)

I thought nothing changed between plus and plus II, it shouldn’t be difficult to get a RemixOs soon for our Plus II.

Denis
    Participant

So Remix OS will not work on x98 plus II ???  But I just ordered this tablet for Remix OS….and it on the way. If I vainly bought it?????

Jason
    Participant

With files gave in the first post, no. It seems the partition(s) doesn’t have the right size but maybe the problem is deeper.

It’s a pretty new tablet, wait and I am sure RemixOs will be available soon.

Update: go here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/remixos-2-0-x98-plus-ii-2-working-but/

Arif Azizan
    Participant

im wondering if we could install remix os 3 on top of windows partition and make it dual boot just like the pc user and ran it? is it possible? anyone have tried it yet? if it could then repatition the storage and make space for the remix os 3 via windows in our tablet maybe?

Denis
    Participant

You need only try this option 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar