Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Remix Os 2.0 for X98 Plus series

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Croesus
    Participant

Hi, can I install this on X80 Plus? I searched everywhere but didn’t find a way to install remix os on X80 Plus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

litte update, I got it working and it runs sweet. I’m starting to get an idea of how it works but its still a learning curve. This is what I did.

1. Extract the zip from the first post on this thread to a folder.
    2. Install the intel flash tool light 5.5.2 from https://01.org/android-ia/downloads/intel-platform-flash-tool-lite
    3. Install Mireks ROM V3 but dont setup the tablet, just allow it to boot to the setup screen and leave it a second.
    4. Open the flash tool, click the browes button, navigate to the folder where you extracted the zip fie from setup 1. It should auto select the flash.json file. Make sure update is selected.
    5. Connect the tablet with USB to the computer and it should show it connected.
    6. Press the update button and the tool will reboot the device, flash the ROM and reboot the device again. Now you just need to leave it, mine took about 10 minutes to boot the first time.

That was it, once it booted and I did the setup it has been friggin brilliant. Smoother than Mireks ROM, really good battery life, especially on standby. You might see an android appear on the screen the first time it boots after the device has been flashed. Its the android with a spinning cube. Just leave it, Remix OS takes a while to get going but it will get going. Seems like Remix does not like a dirty flash so doing this means your user data has been cleared.

I work everything like you, but still got error with system flash. Screen added. Any help?

My model is A6C7.

Maria Maddalena Bignardelli
    Participant

hi ! Guys…please the microsd works with REMIX?

Matej
    Participant

hi ! Guys…please the microsd works with REMIX?

If your micro SD is misbehaving, installing Remix, reinstalling Android or Windows will not help.
    I’ve tried all options, but to no avail. It definitely seems that the BIOS makes problems for us. How? I don’t know.

Overall, Remix OS looks nice but it is not polished. Take into account that it has the same Android 5.1 base as the stock ROM. Meaning that any instability from the base will also be present in Remix OS, plus any additional from the OS in itself.

Some of the problems:

• overheating, the whole tablet was really warm
    • sound adjustment is basic
    • brightness adjustment is basic
    • slow WiFi speed remains
    • micro SD card problems
Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar