November 7, 2019 at 11:47 pm #182017GilDevParticipant
- Posts: 22
Thanks for the feedback, that’s great news!
I’d personally would like to run something really light like Debian or Lubuntu, but dunno how WiFi could be made to work if it isn’t out of the box.November 8, 2019 at 12:15 am #182018BradParticipant
- Posts: 442
Good info/work. I would try Lubuntu v19.10. I think it’s has a pretty recent kernel and it will prob run the fastest (lightest) of all the others with the Lxqt desktop.November 8, 2019 at 4:00 pm #182022DavidParticipant
- Posts: 2
Actually any distro with the v5.3 kernel can be made working including Lubuntu v19.10 and also Manjaro. It’s also not that difficult after you know how:
- Prepare your favorite distro on a USB stick and boot from it.
- Once the live environment has finished loading activate the touchpad by opening a terminal (press ctrl+alt+T) and type
sudo modprobe -r hid_multitouch
- Now you can install your distro with the GUI and reboot to it.
- Again activate the touchpad like in step 2.
- To make this permanent you have to blacklist hid_multitouch either in the GUI by adding the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (create it if it doesn’t exist)
or in terminal:
echo ‘blacklist hid_multitouch‘ >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
- To make wifi work just rename brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.jumper-ezpad-mini3.txt to brcmfmac43430a0-sdio.txt in /lib/firmware/brcm/ and reboot OR restart the driver with
sudo modprobe -r brcmfmac
sudo modprobe brcmfmac
Many thanks to Martin and his post from the previous page. I would not have figured it out without it.November 16, 2019 at 8:15 pm #182084GilDevParticipant
- Posts: 22
How do you install on the microSD? When I do it my GRUB (EFI installed on the microSD) boots to the command line and doesn’t seem to find the microSD drive.
EDIT: Lubuntu 19.10 indeed works fine (installed on a USB drive), including internal speakers. Touchpad seems to work better than on Windows 10 1909 (no twitching when plugged in). Don’t know how to make Bluetooth work. I would just like to boot from the microSD now, hope it’s somehow possible…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.