Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Running Linux on the EZBook 2?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 370 total)
  • Author
    GilDev
    Participant

Any news on trackpad and WiFi support for the EzBook 2? =/

Brad
    Participant

Check out the many links I posted on howto install for the EZBook 3 Pro (various different Linux distro’s) and try it!… there’s no way to tell unless you try it because Jumper changes their hardware parts and BIOS versions so often.  You also need to try different Kernel versions.

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Hello, sir! I bought a jumper ezbook 3 pro a week ago, I am planning to install and install the ssd disk, but I’m in dilemma, I can not boot linux, I will not even have windows 10 fresh version. Does anyone have an explanation of my bios is 2.18.1263, and there is no setup option.

What “setup” option are you looking for in your BIOS? If you want to switch to another boot device, just hit F7 when the Jumper logo appears at boot.

I’m not sure if I got your question 100% right, but you might want to have a look at this thread https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/
    If you need more options to tweak in the BIOS, that’s the way to go….

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Chupa
    Participant

remember this is “Running Linux on the EZBook 2?” thread. EZbook 3 has totally different hardware, so you will not be lucky here with Ezbook 3 questions.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Equinoxe
    Participant

Hi Janus

I have Yepo 737s and ubuntu 18.04. Iwant apply the patch in kernel 4.15 (ubuntu 18.04) for Bluetooth. Wifi is OK.

Can you explain what I should do?

Also, speakers don’t sound:  “Analog Output Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series PCI Configuration Registers”

Thanks

Chupa
    Participant

your yepo has the same atom processor range as the Jumper 2 but the other hardware can differ, better find a yepo forum or ask in the ubuntu forum.
    sorry and good luck

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Brad
    Participant
    Chupa
    Participant

looking into your link Brad it seems that a lot of people have audio problems there.
    how about search for: run linux in windows
    lots of answers there

Need Help?

c chandel
    Participant

Got the touchpad working. In retrospect it was so simple …..

Credit – manuel-berkemeier, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1685937

All you need to do is blacklist hid_multitouch on archlinux. Should be the same on all other distributions.

😉

Brad
    Participant

Good feedback. That is a driver for touchscreen, so not too surprising it might clash with some machines’ touchpads esp those that don’t have a touchscreen.
    Should at least work for Manjaro and Antergos since those are based on Arch.  Ubuntu and LinuxMint are based on Debian and often have much different releases, drivers, etc.
    Note however that the bug you linked to was reported with Ubuntu 17 and Kernel 4.10 which is not the latest code. There has been touchpad fixes since 4.10 that may have solved this problem already just by upgrading to the latest Kernel v4.19.  As you prob know if you use a distro like Manjaro which uses a “rolling release” and has a easy to use Kernel manager app is the easiest way to ensure you are using the latest code.  Plus Manjaro Xfce is a pretty memory efficient and light/fast distro better for less powerful CPU’s.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    c chandel
    Participant

I’ve run pretty much every version since 4.8 – so I can confirm this bug exists in all versions upto 4.19.8.

There could be other fixes that might have something to do with the touchpad working now – but hid_multitouch needs to be blacklisted. I haven’t tested blacklisting with the older versions.

Perhaps someone can and post results here.

Anyhow, hopefully, this solves a major issue.

The wifi is an AP6212 – that should be supported by brcmfmac. However, it’s not detected at all. Something to do with the SDIO settings most probably.

Maybe people can experiment with the SDIO setup in the BIOS to see if PCI mode help with the wifi chip being detected.

Brad
    Participant

Well in any event it’s great that Arch Linux is now running fairly well on this relatively inexpensive notebook.  So what are the things that do NOT work?
    Bluetooth?  Battery gauge? Brightness change? Audio volume change? Suspend/Hibernate? etc.
    Re your ap6212 problem see this if you didn’t already: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1007163/ubuntu-16-04-how-do-i-logically-troubleshoot-ap6212-6255-broadcom-wireless-blu
    That guy Jeremy in the thread is a Wireless debugging guru. I see him on both the Ubuntu and LinuxMint discussion forums helping tons of people figure out their WiFi problems.  Another thing you could try just to debug the problem is installing say Manjaro onto a USB drive and boot from that, so not touch your existing Arch config, and seek help on the Manjaro forum.  Some great guys there too.

c chandel
    Participant

Works – Battery Gauge, Brightness change, suspend

Partially works – Bluetooth after adding file from https://github.com/pfeerick/linux-build/raw/master/package/root/etc/firmware/BCM4343A0%2026M.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM4343A0.hcd

Don’t Work – Wifi, Audio – seems like wifi is not detected since mmc1 is disabled. Can’t figure out how to enable it.

Didn’t check – Hibernate

Andre Paris
    Participant

If you want a distro of Linux that just works on EZBook 2, try Pop OS 18.10(Ubuntu derivative) by System76 the only thing is that WiFi doesn’t run that great to fix that I install the latest kernel, you can use UKUU

ElenaCM
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I registered just to share that I also found a distro with everything working out of the box on this Jumper Ezbook 2. First I tried Ubuntu Budgie 18.04, but I could not get the audio to work, nothing at all, not even the headset. I decided to give Manjaro KDE a try and success!

I uploaded a video to show the different things running. I hope it helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 370 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar