Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Solution to crash in Windows, black screen and not booting afterwards!

Viewing 4 posts - 136 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Hi Dennis … long time … good news though … X98 Pro has been working well … how is yours?

I tried to install the Windows Anniversary edition but it needs 20 gb of free space and there is no way that the 33 gb that the X98 comes with is going to be able to achieve that. Any thoughts?

Did you uninstall Android and merge the partitions … is that even possible?

Hope all well with you … Dave

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Dave

Mine has been working well when regarding the blackouts: never happens anymore. To save battery I sometimes when sitting in the dark set the screen contrast to 0% then the battery lasts for ages. (but as is clear battery is not a good point as well of the X98 pro)

Every now and then my WIFI driver gets corrupted and I had to revert to a backup image (I use Macrium Reflect for this, highly recommended)

Regarding the space on the tablet I have considered to wipe the Android partitions from within Windows using computer manager (storage manager). However I read many people advising NOT to do this as there are a total of about 16 partitions and if you wipe the wrong one(s) you cannot boot anymore.

So I keep to my motto that I always respect when it comes to computer equipment: if it aint broken dont fix it!!

Cheers

Dennis

Gilberts
    Participant

hello my name is Gilbert and i have been owning a Teclast x98 plus ii dual OS for one year. Two weeks ago i tried booting it to windows from android but it just went dying one way. i have tried to press the power button many times but there is nothing happening. when i charge it, i can only hear a kicking sound but still on black screen. Can you help me on this? sorry for my bad english.

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Gilbert

I’ve sold mine years ago! Your problem sounds to me like it is actually broken and is not due to any firmware problems.

The kicking sound is probably the charging circuit. You might try to open it, disconnect the battery for 1 minute then reconnect and try to boot?

Viewing 4 posts - 136 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password