August 14, 2016 at 4:27 pm #46814Franz TeuschlerParticipant
- Posts: 3
Can you make a Tutorial please. Is Windows after flashing the Remix os useable?August 15, 2016 at 7:16 pm #46937LeonParticipant
- Posts: 17
after two days with Remix OS 2.0 on the Teclast Tbook10 (E6N5) i want to write a little tutorial how to bring Remix OS on the device. important is that you came from original stock rom.
Info: You do everything by your own risk.
1. First you have to download and install the following Intel software/driver components. Be sure you installed the Windows drivers for Intel/Android in “Windows extend bootoption” where no driver signature is required.
2. Then download and extract the stock rom from teclast (E6N5) (you will need only the Android folder)
3. Download the prepared img-files (system, boot and recovery) and replace the old one in the folder of the stock rom.
Info: All work and files are from gogobody alias 李嘉图 thank you!
4. When Files are replaced boot the Tablet into the Fastboot-Mode. (When the tablet is completely powered off – Press and hold Vol (-) and Power on) – (Press and hold Vol (-) again at first Android Bootlogo).
5. Now connect the tablet with high quality micro usb cable to your computer and start the “Intel Phone Flash Tool”. If the device is proper connected you will see it as “devices detected”.
6. Click on “browse…” and choose the “flash.json” file in the rom folder.
7. Click on “Start to Flash” and the tablet will reboot into bootloader with unlocked state and the tool begins to flash.
8. After flashing is finished the tablet reboots again. Now you can diconnect the usb cable. You have to wait up to 10 minutes for first boot.
maybe later i will add some pictures.August 19, 2016 at 1:29 pm #47363
Gogobody and Leon, thank you very much!
In my case:
2. I had to download files from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/07/07/teclast-tbook-10-dual-os-e6n5-android5-1-win10-firmwares_204679/ password is: geekbuying.com
From your link I have only two files and they do not unpack.
3. bootE6N5.img you must rename to boot.img and replace original file
7. In Intel Flash Tool Lite I did change in “Configuration:” from update to recover
Sorry for my english 😉August 22, 2016 at 11:36 am #47625
OK,all of u can edit ur system.img (official or remix ) optional , only use my boot.img .
Then root by flashing su.zip .August 22, 2016 at 12:37 pm #47628LeonParticipant
- Posts: 17
which tool is the best to edit the system.img? when i try it with RMXTools iam not able to reflash it beacuse of bit/size-error.
i want the whole storage space for data-partition. in the moment there is a big unallocted space at the end of flashstorage where windows had been saved before.
thank you fo any reply. Have a nice new week!August 22, 2016 at 1:34 pm #47633
Hey leon , I suggest u try ROM Helper , which i uesed the Chinese version . sorry for my English . I ll give u the way to change ur android partition here:http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/tbook-series-ways-to-chang-android-partition/.August 23, 2016 at 8:23 am #47703
李嘉图, can I flash su.zip from here? https://download.chainfire.eu/969/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
Or you have special su.zip for Tbook 10?August 23, 2016 at 1:30 pm #47723
I just use this lolAugust 24, 2016 at 6:32 pm #47821JiceParticipant
- Posts: 3
when for Tbook 11 ?September 11, 2016 at 6:02 pm #49473AnonymousInactive
- Posts: 27
Leon thanks for manual.
How about battery life in Remix OS compared to Stock Android? It is better or worse?
Thanks for answer.October 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm #54888JeanParticipant
- Posts: 7
DO you have to flash Remix ? Or can you just Root with SU ? Just want root.November 25, 2016 at 9:02 pm #57507PA RobertsonParticipant
- Posts: 7
Does flashing this ROM allow you to boot into windows ?November 28, 2016 at 3:31 pm #57712
I cant get into windows :/March 7, 2017 at 5:47 pm #63118Martin BoniParticipant
- Posts: 3
This forum has been a great help.
So far I have resized my partitions so that I have a 53Gb android partition. Replaced the stock android with RemixOS 2.0 and rooted the tablet.
To accomplish this by the following steps:
- Read the following thread on re-partitioning. https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/resize-android-partition-the-easy-way-for-x98-serie/
- Downloaded the partition files from MEGA: Partition.X98.serie.by.spzjulien.zip
- Extracted and save the GPT53.BIN partition script.
- I also followed some instructions from Oddilio Labs on installing windows and android https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/install-windows-android-in-tbook10-by-oddillio-labs-contact-tstoddillio-com/
- You can skip any instructions related to windows install. You will only be interested in the android install.
- The following steps were used to create the bootable usb drive required for this process.
- Download the tBook 10 Android zip file from the link in the Oddillio Labs tutorial.
- Unzip the file into a directory.
- Download the RemixOS files from earlier in this forum.
- Copy the SYSTEM, BOOT, and RECOVERY image files into the directory that you created in step b. Overwrite any files as required.
- Copy the GPT53.BIN to the directory that you created in step 2. Rename the existing GPT.BIN file to GBT.BIN.OLD. Once that is complete, rename the GPT53.BIN as GPT.BIN.
- Follow the instructions in the Oddillio Labs tutorial under the Preparing Android Flash Drive: Copy the files from the android directory that you created in step 2 to the flash drive.
- Now follow the section labelled Android Installation: in the Oddillio Labs tutorial.
- Once your tablet reboots (can take a while on the first re-boot) you will be presented with the RemixOS logo and login.
================== Optional Root tBook 10 ======================
March 10, 2017 at 10:08 am #63207Steven RobertsonParticipant
- You can use it as is or go on to download the TWRP version for the tBook 10 and then using ADB run TWRP and root the tablet.
- See my instructions in this post: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/teclast-tbook-10/page/2/
- In these instructions I used another version of TWRP but there is a link in the post for the actual TWRP for the tBook 10 please use that version.
- Posts: 23
Will this work for any model version of Tbook? ir. E6N5, E6N6 or E6N8????
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.