Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Vas
    Participant

Hello,

Yesterday as I was working on the laptop suddenly the key “;” started to get typed on its own repeatedly. The problem is so severe that you cannot perform any kind of action at the laptop (e.g. url typing/text typing, office typing, bluetooth mouse sluggish etc).

To find the root of the problem I booted a live lubuntu usb but the problem remained. Everything points to a hardware problem or a bios problem. I reseted the bios to factory defaults and user defaults but still the problem is there. So my last resort is to open the tablet.

Where can I get a firmware for my laptop (tpad 3.02 x64 8/8/19) or a new keyboard? I have barely used the laptop (about 3 months)

Thanks

Emilio De Vincenzi
    Participant

Hi Vas

I have some issue in my F15. Just treid to download the new FW from Teclast but not solved

I wrote to Teclast support but not answer for now

Do you have an improvement?

BR

Emilio

Vas
    Participant

Hello Emilio,

I have bought the laptop from banggood. I wrote to them about my problem. We will see how it goes.

Where did you find the firmware for teclast f15? I want to try it also

Thanks

Vas

Vas
    Participant

So I contacted Banggood, they told me to take it to a laptop service point. Completely illogical response since the first thing they will try to fix is the keyboard.

So I requested for a replacement keyboard and they replied they can’t find the spare part. They offered to give me 60€ for a useless laptop.

So that’s what happens when you get a chinese laptop and something goes wrong. No spare parts, no service. Great. I will not leave it at that, I just wanted you to know my adventure.

Vas
    Participant

So they offered me to return the laptop to them but it will take several months to repair. I have to cover the cost to get to China myself and they will cover the return cost to me by 50%. It’s a no go for me since it will take ages and I need to work.

I took the laptop to a repair shop and I’m trying to find the keyboard as a spare part with the code “KY347-1 US K762 VER:A1 K3259”. I have contacted teclast they will not respond.

If anybody has a clue where to get this please help.

Thanks

Mykimyk
    Participant

same problem here with the Teclast F15 laptop suddenly typing spaces on its own constantly. it blocks all functions of the laptop accept a forced shutdown holding the power key. it also occurs in BIOS scrolling the options automatically of whichever menu I access.

second fault with this machine in only 5 months, the first being the power jack shorting out internally.

Vas
    Participant

same problem here with the Teclast F15 laptop suddenly typing spaces on its own constantly. it blocks all functions of the laptop accept a forced shutdown holding the power key. it also occurs in BIOS scrolling the options automatically of whichever menu I access. second fault with this machine in only 5 months, the first being the power jack shorting out internally.

If you open the laptop let us know the part number written on the keyboard cable. Maybe if we have 2 or 3 orders teclast will hear us

Vas
    Participant

So far Banggod has some kind of automated replies and they just keep repeating the same phrase:

“We  are sorry that the supplier don’t  provide a replacement keyboard, would you accept to receive a refund xx and you can keep the item?”

I have sent them like 12-13 emails and in most of them is the same phrase. I have requested even them to contact teclast but they keep repeating the above. The xx has been from 65 to 80 euros. Nothing near the 280€ Ι bought the laptop. So nothing up to now. No keyboard, no answer from teclast, no real communication with Banggood. I’m never getting a laptop from them ever again.

sportnok
    Participant

Maybe try cdrtd dot com, or Linda parts on AliExpress, think it’s the same company.

tintwotin
    Participant

Oh, my F15 just started to repeat the ‘4’ key. It seems strange that this error happens in the same month, unrelated to number of months of use(my computer is a year old).

Keep us posted if you find a solution.

tintwotin
    Participant

If only I could get sharpkeys running: https://github.com/randyrants/sharpkeys I could try to switch off the keypress detection for the repeated key.

Is wonder is heat a factor? I mean, does the computer work normal, and when it gets warmer, does the repeated key problem start?

tintwotin
    Participant

For me it seems to work to cool the computer, and then as quickly as possible use sharpkeys to switch off the key in question. Then a reboot.

Vas
    Participant

My results for heat are not conclusive. If I leave it overnight then it works ok for an hour and then the problem starts. But if I leave it off for 2-3 hours then the problem is still there. It has happened also in the morning after leaving it off for 8 hours so heat “could” be a problem.

I think that excess heat created the problem in the first place due to poor keyboard electronics quality (because the f15 backlit keyboard is of good quality). In any case I have contacted Linda from cdrtd and waiting for an answer.

Many thanks to sportnok and tintwotin for the tips

Gio
    Participant

I had the same problem, I SOLVED THE PROBLEM AS FOLLOWS

It was impossible to login to the laptop because it was impossible to type the access PIN, my key stucked was 0, so in every text form an infinite sequence of zero occurred.

If you are in this condition put the laptop in your freezer for 20 minute, possibly in an envelope. After it the temperature of the laptop will be close to zero and login will be possible.  The problem is temporarily solved, but don’t wait too long because as the the temperature will rise, you will have again the problem.

Install sharpkeys software and block the key where you have the problem (for me was 0). Reboot.

Problem solved, but you won’t be able anymore to type that character on your keyboard…

tintwotin
    Participant

Yes, using cold+Sharpkeys isn’t the perfect solution, but at least it’ll allow you to back-up your stuff.

After my ‘4’ is gone, the ‘9’ starts to become irregular. So it properly won’t take long till the keyboard is completely dead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar