Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Mykimyk
    Participant

same number

Vas
    Participant

I think the keyboard problem with the F15 is becoming a trend. And Teclast is not answering on any email address. I am avoiding to call in China. I think they are probably aware of the problem but they couldn’t care less. Customer service is non existent.

I contacted Linda from cdrtd and she said the supplier does not have this part. She offered to contact me when it is available though (if ever). The part is non existent in the internet and even Banggood did not have an answer from Teclast.

So we are stuck right now with a useless and unrepairable laptop, which is a real shame since the F15 was advertised over the internet as last years best quality laptop and most expensive as well from Intel’s Gemini Lake bunch. It’s also a shame that we can find spare parts for the F7, F7 plus and F6 and not the F15.

We must somehow make this heard to teclast so that they produce at least the keyboard as a spare part. I have sent several emails but with no answer. Obviously noone is looking at them, as there is no real customer service. Does anyone have any clue who could we contact?

Gio
    Participant

This is reply from cdrtd…

———

Hello, this is the product link, please click to check. But if you are sure to buy, the production cycle will take two to three months. Can you accept it?

https://www.cdrtd.com/products.php?product=Laptop-Keyboard-For-Teclast-F15–English-US-Without-Frame-New&showHidden=true

Vas
    Participant

Finally! A light in the horizon…

The above link no longer works. Here is the correct one:

https://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-keyboard-for-teclast-f15-english-us-without-frame-new.html

tintwotin
    Participant

I never changed a keyboard before, is that a trivial thing to do? I mean no soldering, and such things?

Vas
    Participant

I never changed a keyboard before, is that a trivial thing to do? I mean no soldering, and such things?

Actually it is a bit tricky thing to do in the F15. After opening the case (screws also under bottom rubber pads) you need to unscrew the flat battery and underneath the battery is the keyboard. However the keyboard is not screwed onto the chassis, it is held by melted plastic pins so you have to break them if you want to remove it.

After you place the new one you need to have a soldering iron to melt a bit the plastic pins to keep it in place. I haven’t performed this action yet, because I have no new keyboard, it shouldn’t be very hard but you need to be careful so that the new keyboard is held in place properly. If you can’t do it give it to a professional.

sportnok
    Participant

That’s good news, even if it is a bit of a wait..

Ivan
    Participant

I have the same problem with Key “1”. Solution?

Vas
    Participant

I have the same problem with Key “1”. Solution?

Read the thread. Order new keyboard from the store above and wait for 2-3 months. Meanwhile use sharpkeys to disable faulty button.

tintwotin
    Participant

Oh, it’s out of stock… and I didn’t order one yet.

Ivan
    Participant

but have you thought the problem in the same period for everyone?

Vas
    Participant

Oh, it’s out of stock… and I didn’t order one yet.

Don’t worry, lindaparts emailed me and said that there are delays from teclast, but it will become available within a month probably. They offered my money back and wait more, but I refused and said I wanted to wait. Will let you know when they send it.

Vas
    Participant

but have you thought the problem in the same period for everyone?

Mine bought in December 2019 from Banggood and keyboard broke down in late August 2020. But with use of 2-3 months.

I would like to know when everybody in here started having problems if they bought it near Dec.2019 maybe that batch was problematic

Ivan
    Participant

I bought mine from Banggood in October 2019 and I had the problem in late August (now it’s working fine without use Sharpkeys)

Rocco Vicedomini
    Participant

I bought mine from Banggood in December 2019 and I had the problem on September, 25th

The key that is failing is +/=, the problem is randomic, but it is worse when the laptop is working for at least 30min

I have Linux (KDE Neon based on Ubuntu 20.04) and I was able to disable the key using xKeyCaps at every session start.

When the defect key results continuously pressed, the touchpad is locked and I can move the cursor only using an external usb/bluetooth mouse

Anyone did progress on the availability of a spare keyboard from Teclast?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar