Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F15 keyboard problem – laptop unusable

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Vas
    Participant

No news yet from linda parts. The last is that they said this might take up to the middle of December to be produced. So still waiting.

I installed “Sharpkeys” to disable problematic key but somehow the laptop now hangs every after 2 hours of operation or so if I have something connected to the usb ports. So something heats up inside while the ghost touch is supressed in combination with the usb ports. I have it now with nothing attached to see how long it will last. So even sharpkeys is not a great solution.

So far the October-December 2019 batch of the F15 has a problematic keyboard. If someone else with a keyboard problem please state if they are within the same batch. Thanks

tintwotin
    Participant

Adding an external mouse makes it possible to work on my F15 for many hours, but disabling the mouse, the cursor keeps moving to the left, so I’ll have to type my ‘unlock’ code backwards… The touchpad is not working anymore.

Another odd thing I noticed is that ‘9’ is working but shift+9 to produce a ‘(‘ isn’t working, which seems to me that this isn’t purely a mechanical thing, but there could also be a driver thing going on. That combined with so many people getting the same problem in the very same month.

Has anyone successfully found any F15 drivers on the Teclast  homepage?

Mykimyk
    Participant

Had a local shop look at mine whilst I waited. he disconnected the keyboard and mouse ribbons and plugged in a wireless keyboard and mouse via the usb port to test. problem gone. I took it home with the ribbons disconnected and connected my own usb keyboard and mouse to back up data from the laptop.

in trying to find parts for my laptop I’ve emailed Teclast direct (no response), and the 2 Teclast official stores on AliExpress (no responses). Banggood have been trying to trying to get a response out of Teclast for 2 weeks now but without success. make of that what you will but it doesn’t inspire me with much confidence.

Giuliano
    Participant

<!–more–>hi

Hi, I bought my teclast on gearbest in June 2019. I have the same problem with the 6 and then 9. I contacted gearbest and they told me to send the PC to them at my expense to have it checked, while teclast never answered me.

I only noticed one thing that may be useful. During the first intel driver update there was an incompatibility problem with the video card driver. From that moment the problems with the keyboard started. I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not, but every time I update the intel video card drivers the problem returns and then disappears after a few days. Also if I try to disable the keyboard the problem persists so I don’t think it’s a mechanical issue.

It is really absurd that this thing has happened to so many people and if you agree you could organize a class action against teclast to get a refund.

Ivan
    Participant

Such an attitude is truly inconceivable and unacceptable, if you Giuliano know how to intervene, I would agree with you to take action against Teclast

Mykimyk
    Participant

I also experienced the Intel driver incompatibility issue but didn’t get the keyboard problem at that point or during further updates. It may be heat related though. Mine could be used for about 10-15 minutes from cold before producing the fault. Furthermore, the laptop appears to use the keyboard as a heat sink. Some drivers/packages can run the processor quite hard when updating. I still believe its a physical keyboard fault because with it disconnected the fault does not reappear.

The keyboard failure is actually the second fault I had, the first being the power supply jack plug shorting out and melting internally. This happened very early on in its life and the jack is an odd size too. I wonder if anyone else has had this fault?

Based on the comments in this forum there does seem to be a pattern here in the way Banggood Gearbest and Teclast are dealing (or not) with issues regarding these laptops.

I.abdullah
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I also have the same problem with #1. I really can’t use the laptop any more because of that. It waste 2 hours of my day every morning trying to disable the keyboard. I would like to know what would be the procedures to take techlast to court if there is any existing company with that name anyway.</p>

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password