Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 164 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

I have a funny phenomenon that when I put a longer usb stick in the usb3 port my wifi looses signal.
    remove the usb or put it on short cable extension or hub restores the wifi

Need Help? ... I date back to 81 when my first computer was from Sinclair and MS-DOS was called IBM-DOS 1.0

JesDoias
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck with intenso ssds? 256GB m.2 is less than 45€… But it’s still 45€ down the drain if it doesn’t work.

Greedo77
    Participant

Also looking any M.2 Sata recommendations. I think Ive seen a few ppl mention Kingspec m2’s that seem to work OK. Again they’re cheap on aliexpress at about £40 for a 256GB drive, I’ll probably just add it as storage and not faff about with trying to migrate windows over to it.

soltecma
    Participant

Hi guys, i am facing difficulties to put a Western Digital Green working on EZ Pro. Starting Win 10 and using explorer is sooo slow.I’ve successfully unlocked bios but not sure what parameters must be used.

Any help would be very welcome

soltecma
    Participant

Sorry maybe i was not sufficient clear. I am booting using emmc with WD connected but the point is that i cannot format this drive on the windows disk management or other software. When starting this operation ( format) at the end i always got a message saying it was not possible to finish and the drive oes back to RAW mode Maybe incompatible SSD drive ???

soltecma
    Participant

Hello all,

Just to let you know that problem is solved. I’ve changed SSD disk to a Samsung Evo 860 and bingo! Detected on bios, formatted and Win 10 fresh install on the fly

Chupa
    Participant

there is some lousy incompatible stuff out there, best buy a m.2 local, try and if you have to reorder cheaper the same model online.

Need Help? ... I date back to 81 when my first computer was from Sinclair and MS-DOS was called IBM-DOS 1.0

Ettore
    Participant

Does anyone knows if I can install and use a “Crucial mx500 500GB” on my EZBook 3 pro, or if it makes some problem?

I’ve found this one: https://www.amazon.it/Crucial-MX500-CT500MX500SSD4-Interno-NAND/dp/B077SQ8J1V/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1541873713&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ssd+crucial

Chupa
    Participant

you have to try what works with your special model

Gaspare
    Participant

Anyone knows where could I find the cable (missing in photo) wich connects motherboard to the “support” of the SSD? Wich key-word should I search on eBay? Gearbest has Just sended one Ezbook 3 pro without this cable ?

Thank you for answering

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chupa
    Participant

ask them to send a replacement CABLE or send the jumper back

on ali search for flat band m.2 cable

but since jack ma got booted out, ali goes down hill and the search function became horrible

i stopped ordering from China nearly 100%

José Carlos
    Participant

Hello everybody,

My name is José Carlos, I´m new in the forum. After read all of you I thought better option was Samsung 860 evo ssd to upgrade my laptop.

I´ve just buy a Samsung 860 evo ssd to upgrade my ezbook pro, but is an “msata” model.

Somebody know if is posible to use it with an m.2 to msata adapter in the ezbook 3 pro?

Thanks.

Chupa
    Participant

inside: NO
    outside via usb3 :YES

https://rog.asus.com/articles/hands-on/easy-guide-to-ssds-sata-msata-m-2-and-u-2/

José Carlos
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.
    I thought it would be possible to connect it with a connector like this:

https://www.amazon.es/Para-convertir-mSATA-NGFF-adaptador/dp/B00NP4PGPW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545259885&sr=8-3&keywords=adaptador+m2+a+msata

I’ll have to return the msata disk…
    Thanks again.

Chupa
    Participant

the problem is your internal space

if you had a 3S like I do, you could, but the 3pro is just to crammed.

get yourself a nice 2TB Kingspec http://alturl.com/8qxm3

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password