Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Dina
    Participant

My Ezbook 3 pro is coming soon. I want to install M.2 SSD, 128GB. Please suggest some brands and good with the price. Thanks.

Giak
    Participant

Bought crucial 2280 256gb. Tomorrow it will arrive. Stay tuned

Dina
    Participant

@Giak, please upload photos and video link of installation of SSD. Thank you.

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

Hi guys, currently I in delima on what ssd to purchase.

Adata su800 128gb

Kingston ssdnow 120gb

WD Green 120gb

Pioneer 120gb

I lean towards Kingston, any use it can tell me wether its compatible or not?

Next is anyone ezbook pro 3 have static charge feeling when using while charging?

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

I fitted an ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 128 GB drive and it’s not recognized – doesn’t appear at all. In the process however I messed up and incorrectly detached the ribbon cable. Getting the clip back on I may have broken something. )-: Is it possible that this drive simply isn’t recognized? I assume I’ve just hosed my m.2 board effectively turning it into a eMMC only laptop but wonder if there’s a chance this is a compatability issue – anyone else have problems with drives being recognized in the bios? Drive seems OK – tested in my NUC and the bios picks it up.

Hi Rrobot,

Did you manage to get it work? I also planning to get this Adata SU800M as it’s among the cheapest I can get. Anyone else using the same model do provide feedback.

George G
    Participant

I ordered this one for $48, free shipping :

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-KingSpec-22-42mm-NGFF-SSD-64GB-128GB-SATA-III-6Gb-s-Internal-Solid-State/2348331_32738061252.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.5bdadf47Tr3Kkd

There is no dram cache for the controller so it might be a little slower than other M.2 SSD’s. It’s been shipping to the USA for 2 weeks but it should arrive in the mail tomorrow. I believe that any SATA3 NGFF M.2 SSD (not NVMe) should work in that slot. I will post my results after I get it installed.

GT
    Participant

I ordered this one for $48, free shipping : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-KingSpec-22-42mm-NGFF-SSD-64GB-128GB-SATA-III-6Gb-s-Internal-Solid-State/2348331_32738061252.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.5bdadf47Tr3Kkd There is no dram cache for the controller so it might be a little slower than other M.2 SSD’s. It’s been shipping to the USA for 2 weeks but it should arrive in the mail tomorrow. I believe that any SATA3 NGFF M.2 SSD (not NVMe) should work in that slot. I will post my results after I get it installed.

Ordered the same then looked into the brand and cancelled my order. Warranty is non-existent, if your drive is DOA or dies anytime after then you are SOL.

George G
    Participant

The box that I received stated 3 year warrantee. It also states that in the specs on the web page. Of course, anytime you buy cheap Chinese stuff you are taking a risk. I saved $25 on the 128 GB and it’s working great.

SAVVAS
    Participant

Hello I have ordered the same. What speeds are you getting? Did it affect the battery life after using? Did you close the system ? Thanks!

George G
    Participant

Hi SAVVAS,

I cloned my SSD with Macrium Reflect free. I don’t expect it to impact battery life but time will tell. It’s not the fastest drive but fast enough IMHO.

These are not my numbers, but I got results very similar to these:

SAVVAS
    Participant

Thanks! Please check your in inbox, I have sent you a pm.

Steve Madden
    Participant

Although it is not easy enough to attach a headline, it is really easy to remove it, just to remove 10 screws, no bottom plate and no claws on the main body.

I have a screw in Digi Gear, I want to relax. Although notebook PCs (Vaio 3 models, Lenovo, ASUS) at home are sometimes disassembled, we could not remove the bottom board as simple as this.

SSD M.2 Check slotCommemorative photo taken of other parts

Commemorative photo taken of other parts, moreover some Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO

Michel
    Participant

I have read in a Gearbest review that there are problems with some SSD. My ezbook 3 pro has been shipped today so waiting for it I tried to understand what module is working and what is not, may I suggest the Op to create a list of 100% working models, based on techtablets.com user feedbacks? Bye.

Tamir
    Participant

Commemorative photo taken of other parts, moreover some Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO

The review linked in your post suggests RAM can be expanded to 8GB.

Given all disassembly vids I’ve watched so far I haven’t encountered a slot with which that can be achieved.

Any further info regarding that?

I’m waiting for my EZbook Pro 3 rev 4 to arrive from GearBest within the next week or so and trying to get myself prepared with all the necessary extras.

Cheers,

netRAT

Michel
    Participant

Guys, I am about to order the m2 but I don’t know what to do. Is this trick stable? I think with heat and vibration this solution  will damage the m2 (so my data). We need a more reliable way to fix it to the internal…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password