Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Fitting an M.2 2280 SSD in EZbook 3 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Michel
    Participant

Remembering Chris’s video, it is not upgradable…

Giacomo
    Participant

These are some pics. I upgraded it on 13 September and it’s ok. Crucial MX300 at 92 Euro (amazon.it). Very happy! 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Michel
    Participant

Excellent benchmark but I don’t think the screw should touch the ssd directly… and the adhesive tape is going to loose the grip because of the heat.

Giacomo
    Participant

Excellent benchmark but I don’t think the screw should touch the ssd directly… and the adhesive tape is going to loose the grip because of the heat.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll buy a hot glue pistol to fix it

Michel
    Participant

Excellent benchmark but I don’t think the screw should touch the ssd directly… and the adhesive tape is going to loose the grip because of the heat.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll buy a hot glue pistol to fix it

No, please, don’t…

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Juat got my Ezbook 3 PRO V4. Installed SSD, shows in Windows and works. Then made windows install usb stick, booted from there, removed all partitions from ssd and emmc. Installed windows on ssd. And now i cant boot. Bios doesnt see ssd at all so i cannot select it. What now?</p>

Edit: installed windows on to emmc and it wont boot there either 😀 this is bullshit.

Edit2: Solved: bios does not see ssd so it wont boot there but windows installer sees it. So installer puts windows bootloader there when i install windows onto emmx or ssd and it wont boot. Disabled sata from bios, installed windows on emmc, booted. Now i must clone windows to ssd and edit boot manager to boot from there so i can format emmc but leave the boot manager partition (efi).

Edit3: Boot manager wont see the SSD if BIOS dont see it either. So that’s it. Damn I’m pissed. Sold my V1 and bought V4 so I can use my already bought SSD and now this…

Bazzan
    Participant

I can get a 128gb Toshiba  THNSNK128GVN8 for $40 & a Toshiba XG3 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD – THNSN5128GPU7 for $85. I think they would both work & I know te XG3 is faster but is it really worth more than double the price?

Impie
    Participant

I can get a 128gb Toshiba THNSNK128GVN8 for $40 & a Toshiba XG3 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD – THNSN5128GPU7 for $85. I think they would both work & I know te XG3 is faster but is it really worth more than double the price?

The Jumper’s M.2 slot is SATA600, not PCIe. So go for the first, cheaper one.

sportnok
    Participant

I’ve fitted an SSD and installed win10 on it. I now have win 10 on the emmc and ssd and i can use either to boot in to windows.

I want to remove win10 from the emmc, but concerned if i delete everything on the emmc, it might not boot using the ssd, Any advice?

Dina
    Participant

I’ve fitted an SSD and installed win10 on it. I now have win 10 on the emmc and ssd and i can use either to boot in to windows. I want to remove win10 from the emmc, but concerned if i delete everything on the emmc, it might not boot using the ssd, Any advice?

I solved it but still confused myself. Here is how I did. I had the same issue. I had windows on emmc and SSD. I installed windows 10 on USB drive, then installed on SSD,Ezbook 3 pro. I wanted Windows 10 only on SSD. I couldn’t manage it. I deleted windows from SSD. Then, I couldn’t boot, so I reinstalled Windows 10 on SSD from a USB drive. Now it boots again. Booting from emmc, I copy an image windows from emmc to SSD using Macrium Reflect Home Edition (suggested by Chris). I rebooted the machine. It worked. I did reformat emmc. All gone. I tried to reboot the machine. I didn’t work.

Now, I try to boot the computer from USB. It doesn’t boot as usual before. I move around here and there, in bios, and finally it boots from USB. I didn’t install anything. Feeling helpless, I shutdown the machine. I reboot it. It just boots naturally. Now I have windows on only SSD.Everything from emmc drive is gone. This is how I did, but still I have no idea myself. Rebooting from USB drive solved my problem. I am typing now from the same computer.

Dennis
    Participant

Hi SAVVAS, I cloned my SSD with Macrium Reflect free. I don’t expect it to impact battery life but time will tell. It’s not the fastest drive but fast enough IMHO. These are not my numbers, but I got results very similar to these:

How did you do this with the macrium reflect Tool?

I tried already the Partition wizard without result….

Macrium I don´t exactly know how to use to copy the whole internal Memory to the m.2. Because it is a running System, so how can it copy this?

Please help me to clone the System to m.2, because I really do not want to reinstall Windowss

Dina
    Participant

@ Dennis,

Dear Dennis,

The above video link explains how to copy windows using Macrium. This is Chris’ tutorial. Please see around 3.14 minutes of the video. Macrium home edition is free. Install it. Click the software, and it will take you to copy windows and put to a new location/partition. I did it successfully following  the instruction of Chris’ tutorial.

Dennis
    Participant

@ Dennis, Dear Dennis,

The above video link explains how to copy windows using Macrium. This is Chris’ tutorial. Please see around 3.14 minutes of the video. Macrium home edition is free. Install it. Click the software, and it will take you to copy windows and put to a new location/partition. I did it successfully following the instruction of Chris’ tutorial.

Awesome thank you!

It took 2 days for copy to the m.2!!! This can´t be normal?

I think everything is copied now. How can I set the m.2 as Default? In Bios I can´t choose the m.2 because it is not listed.

It only says:

UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell

Windows Boot Manager

Disabled

Can anybody help me with this?

Isti
    Participant

Awesome thank you! It took 2 days for copy to the m.2!!! This can´t be normal? I think everything is copied now. How can I set the m.2 as Default? In Bios I can´t choose the m.2 because it is not listed. It only says: UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell Windows Boot Manager Disabled Can anybody help me with this?

2 days?! That’s absurd. The whole process took me less than half an hour as I remember.

Have you checked the format of the  new SSD (GPT or MBR) before the cloning process?  I had to convert my SSD to GPT to match the eMMC.

Here is a tutorial.

Dennis
    Participant

Awesome thank you! It took 2 days for copy to the m.2!!! This can´t be normal? I think everything is copied now. How can I set the m.2 as Default? In Bios I can´t choose the m.2 because it is not listed. It only says: UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell Windows Boot Manager Disabled Can anybody help me with this?

2 days?! That’s absurd. The whole process took me less than half an hour as I remember. Have you checked the format of the new SSD (GPT or MBR) before the cloning process? I had to convert my SSD to GPT to match the eMMC. Here is a tutorial.

Yep, it nearly took exaclty 48 hours. I was also confused… but I let it run.

The new m.2 is in gpd Format. You can see it in the Picture I attached. At the Moment I ve no idea what to do…. I can´t see it in the bios.

A friend of mine says it should be a Driver Problem. because as IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controller  is only “Standard SATA AHCI- Controller”

He says I Need the chipset and ahci Driver. Is there an opportunity to download this?

Can sb confirm this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar