[TUTORIAL] Rooting Android, installing Xposed and more

[TUTORIAL] Rooting Android, installing Xposed and more

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion [TUTORIAL] Rooting Android, installing Xposed and more

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    ImADev
    Participant

To support exFAT and NTFS you need to install the mod via TWRP. To then allow Android apps other than a file manager to write to the SD card you need to install the SDFix app. I believe you can then uninstall the app once it’s made the changes.

The audio on both Android and Windows seems okay, but the speakers aren’t that great anyway. On the Android side of things you could install ViPER4Android FX.

Fernando Marquez
    Participant

Where you able to install viper4android?   I keep getting an error message stating I need busy box from Stericson, which I have installed and reinstaled several times, with no luck….   Any thoughts?

ImADev
    Participant

Open up SuperSU, uncheck the “mount namespace separation” option and reboot. As long as you’ve got BusyBox installed then ViPER4Android will install just fine.

Fernando Marquez
    Participant

Thanks! Driver installed.   However now I started vlc played some mp3 activated the enable checkbox activated equalizer (as I do on my Samsung tab) and the audio effect does both seem to kick in…  Look at my attached settings.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Fernando Marquez
    Participant

Reinstalled driver and rebooted…   Now driver status shows a different result; however still no effect.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BeMoo
    Participant

@ImADev, I have installed chuwi-android-fs-1.0.4-install.zip and all went well. I have also installed the SDFix-app but it is reporting ‘no action required’, ‘This device appears to already have write access …’. App2sd-apps report a few apps which can be moved. So I guess your tweak also lifts the Kitkat-limitations(?).

Now the sound issue, I have installed ViPER4AndroidFX successfully (with the help from your comment to Fernando’s problem) but like Fernando, still same problem. Maybe it’s just me (and Fernando) but the audio just sounds unstable (if you can call it that). Some sounds (like some voices) are with little volume and others sounds are louder. Like some kind of activated gain-control.

ImADev
    Participant

If I set the FX compatible mode to “Compatible” then it’ll work with most apps e.g. Google Music, Spotify etc. VLC doesn’t work though and it’s mentioned over at XDA.

There does seem to be an underlying issue with the audio as it’ll pop when you boot Android and the audio seems dangerously loud at times. It’s probably because Chuwi haven’t optimized Android at all. I’ll look into it more when I’ve got a little more time to test various changes though.

@BeMoo

The mod doesn’t adjust the permissions, so I guess maybe the ROM has already been modified to allow that.

BeMoo
    Participant

@Fernando Marquez, do you also have MusicFX (settings, apps, all)? I do (but maybe its because I have installed and uninstalled some of these kinds of apps)? Switching it off seems to make a difference (but I don’t trust my ears anymore)

BeMoo
    Participant

Moving apps to sd doesn’t seem to work after all. Some app2sd-apps report this but some show apps which can be moved. But either show the default info screen of this app (but Kitkat doesn’t show the move-to-sd button) or the app is trying it by itself but doens’t succeed 🙁

ImADev
    Participant

@BeMoo
    The mod is designed for file storage between Windows and Android rather than app storage. Maybe if you partition the SD card so that it has an EXT4 primary partition you’ll be able to move apps to it?

While Android is booted you should always keep the SD card plugged in by the way. If you don’t then you could corrupt the exFAT partition and file managers will then fail to gain write access.

BeMoo
    Participant

@ImADev, thanks for the info. I wanted to try to get the same basic app2sd functionality (move2sd) prior to Kitkat. With an ext partition, I will probably use link2sd(?) which is more system sensitive (like you discribe?).

ImADev
    Participant

Yeah, Link2SD or similar should work if you’ve got an EXT partition. I wouldn’t say it’s any more system sensitive than the exFAT/NTFS mod itself is though.

arshad
    Participant

Would someone in this thread be able to help me with this issue, regarding the exfat/ntfs driver that is linked here, I’m not getting any replies on the hibook pro forum 🙁 Thank you!

exFAT/NTFS – it only works temporarily!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar