WiFi limited connectivity/disconnecting issues FIX Ezbook 3 Pro V3

WiFi limited connectivity/disconnecting issues FIX Ezbook 3 Pro V3

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series WiFi limited connectivity/disconnecting issues FIX Ezbook 3 Pro V3

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    nils
    Participant

here is the latest driver update:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nils
    Participant

ok i have figured out how to update the intel ac-3165 driver to the latest version from the intel website.
    apparently there was some bug in the intel pro-set wireless software on my ezbook 3 pro that was preventing me from updating the driver.
    if you are having a similar problem this is what you can do:

go to add or remove programs
    select intel proset wireless software
    select modify
    select repair
    it updated correctly – the driver from 19.1.0.4 to 19.51.2.4

my wireless is operating slightly faster on average (only by a few mbps) however i’m more interested in connectivity quality – i will update accordingly.
    once updating you driver i would double check your driver power management and computer power management settings to make sure that the ‘allow computer to turn off wireless device’ is disabled.

Attachments:
    George G
    Participant

Hi nils

You can also go here and follow the directions:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26924/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10

Note that the download is valid for the products listed at the bottom of the page. The AC 3165 is listed there.

Liam
    Participant

Disabling Bluetooth seems to improve wireless performance for me.

kean3D
    Participant

same thing with the v6, got wifi problems too, first fixed by update ac-3165 drivers with the microsoft one found on the list in drivers update

then reboot and back apply the latest one from intel, and wifi become now stable ..

so, searching some updated drivers, i found with drivermax a new updated drivers for ac-3165

which is dated: 4 dec 2017  version: 20.20.0.100

installed and this is so better, signal is pretty constant, no disconnection at all 😉

Chupa
    Participant

As nice a full metal case is, it is also a Faraday cage

So inside antennas need to be mounted where they at least have a chance to get a bit of a signal out.
    I once got for my Galaxy s5 a nice aluminum frame, so glass in front and plastic in back.
    It took me a while to figure out that this slim frame was the source of my very bad GPS reception.
    Same happened with an identical frame and a Note3.

So a very simple solution is, disable the internal card via device manager and get yourself a tiny usb  wifi stick.
    You know the fun you always having when you do a new OS install and a standard intel chip wifi  modul does not install. So not going to the internet and not collecting a working driver. For that situation I got a 2$ usb wifi stick. plugged it in and windows installed the driver within a second. Then I could got to the internet and do a driver download for all the no shows.

The 2 good things an external wifi has, reception and security,  if you unplug it – no internet connection.

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Dennis
    Participant

Hey together, I also have huge connection Problems.

The connection cuts and cuts and cuts… I can´t download anything, because than connectio gets lost and I ve to start again….

Is there any solution at the moment? I don´t want to pluf in a wireless stick. I want to use the internal card if possible.

Driver at the moment is the 19.51.8.2

So please help me out.

Chupa
    Participant

simple, figure out if it distance related , or where it sits, or switch off bluetooth, in short go figure it out – you are the only one near your computer.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Neo
    Participant

why is my download speed so poor on 2.4GHz? upload speeds are fine. 5GHz is fine and what I am using at home, but out and about that is not always a choice. not my network as other devices pulling down proper speeds over 2.4GHz. are they separate antennas? on latest intel driver.

Chupa
    Participant

yes 2 antennas go to different points on pc.

2.4GHz lots of interference

Need Help?

DD
    Participant

Tried Intel latest driver but failed badly. Last night I let windows searched for driver itself and that version is pretty stable so far. Going to test it further using other wifi networks later.

-----------

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password