YEPO 737A running Jumper EZbook 3 Pro v4 Bios

YEPO 737A running Jumper EZbook 3 Pro v4 Bios

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series YEPO 737A running Jumper EZbook 3 Pro v4 Bios

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Hodin
    Participant

Hi ajoesmith, thanks a lot, your modded rom works quiet good on my yepo notebook. Do you have an idea, howto manage it, booting from a prepared usb-stick with a linux live system. I know the proper way to prepare the stick but when booting the cursors is freezing and nothing happens … May be you have an answer

Hi, as I remember, in order, you must deactivate secure boot in BIOS to properly boot from a live distro. Also, check if you are starting from an USB drive that is correctly partitioned for UEFI boot. I suggest you to boot from an installation partition then make your distro persistent or install it from the key in another bigger partition… You get plenty of tutorials to do this from linux community on the web…

Regards.

Max
    Participant

Bonjour Hodin,

j’ai donc flashé mon Yepo. Tout s’est bien passé. Par contre, comme tu l’as indiqué, le SSD n’est effectivement pas reconnu non plus. J’ai eu beau modifier les paramètres du BIOS (partie SATA), rien n’y a fait. Le BIOS ne voit rien.

En tout cas, merci encore

Jarlache
    Participant

Please Ajoesmith could you re upload rom modified for yepo?

janbws
    Participant

Hi,

I fresh reinstall my YEPO 737A to Win10 in the 128GB Rom but I wasn’t able to boot to the OS instead it always boot to the EFI and causes a “Device mapping table” error. Installing the OS to the 64GB rom also has the same error.

will reflashing the bios to jumper fix this issue? or did i do something wrong? I didn’t have the original image drive/drivers from the pre-installed OS since i didn’t expect to encounter such problem like this.

Thanks

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Hi, I fresh reinstall my YEPO 737A to Win10 in the 128GB Rom but I wasn’t able to boot to the OS instead it always boot to the EFI and causes a “Device mapping table” error. Installing the OS to the 64GB rom also has the same error. will reflashing the bios to jumper fix this issue? or did i do something wrong? I didn’t have the original image drive/drivers from the pre-installed OS since i didn’t expect to encounter such problem like this. Thanks

@janbws
    I think I’m experiencing the same issue  you got, as I explain on this thread. I already flashed UEFI with YEPO 737A and Jumper EZbook 3 Pro .rom’s shared in the main post of this thread but didn’t solve my problem so I returned to my original UEFI (wich I had backed up before), maybe can work for you. However, are you getting this screen after boot to EFI Shell ant hit “map”?

janbws
    Participant

Yes I had the same error. I didn’t back-up anything form the laptop since I though everything will be smooth. I tried typing “exit” and it just loops back. I also tried a lot of CMD commands as taught by my mentors and seen in the net but I still failed. there is no Boot manager and I cannot create a boot manager even I reconstruct (which is very tedious and time consuming) from a running laptop.

I also tried the Yepo 737S reset here “RESET” but the error still prevailed. Luckily I was able to refund the product but I really like that laptop; the sturdiness and quality seems very fine and it doesn’t heat so much unlike what I read from others.

My cousin who is IT said that its probably has missing drivers that was originally installed prior fresh reinstall; or that Win10 had caused an error and affected somehow the eMMC reader which is bad.

By this I’m afraid to try the Jumper EZbook 3 Pro itself as I may encounter the same problem from that unit. I do not want to refund again.

<hr />

By the way I read your post on the thread you linked.

It happened that I had an M.2 SSD with the unit I purchased. I tried reinstalling the OS on the SSD and still I end up with the EFI error. I also tried reinstalling without the SSD and still EFI error. I almost tried everything, but I guess there should be a driver to be installed while in recovery mode to make a boot manager that the EFI can read to boot the OS installed, but before i tried, I already have the unit refunded for warranty purposes.

Hope my input helps.

Hodin
    Participant

Do you have an UEFI Win 10 installation media ? Your booting disk must be in GPT format and contain a bootable EFI partition. Deactivate secure boot and any legacy mode in Bios and try to install again…

janbws
    Participant

Hi Hodin,

I did those and nothing happened. It still won’t boot to the OS. To clarify, I can install the Win10 without problem but the bios cannot boot to the OS. Upon looking in the CMD command there is no boot manager created even you access EFI\Microsoft\Boot and apply fix boot commands the is no boot manager found in there to begin with. I just gave up finding solution for it that is why I returned the unit even I like the lappy.

Hodin
    Participant

Hi Hodin, I did those and nothing happened. It still won’t boot to the OS. To clarify, I can install the Win10 without problem but the bios cannot boot to the OS. Upon looking in the CMD command there is no boot manager created even you access EFI\Microsoft\Boot and apply fix boot commands the is no boot manager found in there to begin with. I just gave up finding solution for it that is why I returned the unit even I like the lappy.

Did you completely erased all partitions within the partition manager during win 10 installation ? If you install in a corrupted EFI partition or with a corrupted bcd, your new setup could hang with no boot at all. Try to remove all disk partitions (and hidden ones) before installing Windows. You can proceed in the installation process during install when you choose partition to install to, with no partitions, the installer will suggest you to create all of them for you with rescue partitions, etc…

You need also to choose correct target disk to boot from within the bios… If I remember, use + or – to manage starting order of the correct disk or it won’t round robin to the next one the first time. It happens to me when I fresh installed win 10 on my new ssd …

I used a bootable USB key prepared with rufus for UEFI boot from an updated iso of win 10 creators update… It works like a charm for me…

Regards…

Kali
    Participant

Hello guys,very interesting topic (all of it).

First of all thanks a lot Hodin for all your efforts, guide and drivers.

Im just a Yepo rookie, fresh 7373a.I was wondering if someone could re-upload Ajoesmith’s rom like asked already above otherwise Ill go with the Jumper one too. No problem. Just one silly question, once Ive flashed the new unlocked bios, I can totally speed up the processor over the 1.1ghz limit.Is that right?

Thanks again!

Mauro Piccoto
    Participant

Thanks for your reply @janbws, after all I  ordered a Transcend MTS400 and 3 days ago I installed WIN10 in my new SSD M.2 and  no issues so far.

Chris
    Participant

Bonjour Hodin, as-tu toujours le même bios? Je pensais aussi flasher mon Yepo par contre je vais me retrouver avec un autre logo au démarrage non?

merci pour ton post

Hodin
    Participant

Bonjour Hodin, as-tu toujours le même bios? Je pensais aussi flasher mon Yepo par contre je vais me retrouver avec un autre logo au démarrage non? merci pour ton post

Oui, toujours le BIOS du Jumper, vu que ça fonctionne très bien avec, pas besoin de le modifier… Perso, je préfère enlever le logo de démarrage pour avoir un POST complet qui s’affiche, alors j’avoue que le logo, je m’en fout un peu ^^

@+

bernd1
    Participant

The BIOS of my XEPO 737A is working perfect. I see NO reason to change it!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hodin
    Participant

The BIOS of my XEPO 737A is working perfect. I see NO reason to change it!

Well, here we are talking about unlocking settings… I see NO reason for you to change your BIOS if you are not aware about what we are talking about… Original BIOS is enough for you and will work as intended for your machine…

My Yepo is modded with copper dissipator and my flashed BIOS allow me to go beyond basics settings…

@+

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar