Yepo 737S audio driver issue (and more)

Yepo 737S audio driver issue (and more)

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Yepo 737S audio driver issue (and more)

This topic contains 55 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Calebouma 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Alsetema
    Participant

Chris G: Does the Yepo Driver Dump you uploaded contain all the drivers? Audio, VGA, Network, Chipset, etc. It is kind of hard to tell with those filenames. Thanks

Yes, it’s a Windows dism complete drivers dump, all drivers. Use the included command in CMD to restore. Please, can some that has their RAM at 1600Mhz please go into the bios (esc on boot) and then got into, Setup Utility, Advanced, Memory configuration options. And take a photo of those memory configuration settings and post it here please. To see if your RAM is running at 1600Mhz or 1066Mhz (like mine) Press alt+control+del and then go to the task manager. In task manager the performance tab, then RAM. It will then show free RAM, look where it says speed. Mines list at 1066Mhz, but it seems most are 1600Mhz. My settings are wrong and also my Windows 10 isn’t activated.

In the BIOS settings, my RAM is set to 1600Mhz (I have not modified anything here) But Task Manager shows it’s running at 1066 :\

Picutres below

Andreas
    Participant

Thanks for the update.  My RAM is at 1066MHz also.  Regarding the activation, I had to re-install Win 10 using a clean ISO and then used Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 to activate.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@alsetema Okay thank for the photo. Mine was set to 1066Mhz, changed it to 1600Mhz and nothing happens. Task manager also shows 1066Mhz and it feels like 1066Mhz too. Definitely slower than the Jumper EZBook 2.

@wxt30 One guy on YouTube showed me a photo, his RAM is at 1600Mhz and his Windows activated. Seems there is another batch working at 1600mhz and activated. Did you also get yours from Gearbest?

Feel like i threw away $200, non-activated, slow RAM, so worse than the EZBook 2.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Alsetema
    Participant

@chris I don’t feel like I threw away 180 EUROS for this laptop. I did buy it at Gearbest, but overall, I think the laptop is good for its Price. If we manage to see what actual ram it has integrated, we might be able to find out if it acutally is overclockable.

I also have to say that Maybe only the 128GB version has the capacity to speed up the RAM (I have the 64GB version Toshiba EEMC)

Do you think I should return this and buy the Jumper Laptop? For example, I would love to run Linux on any of these machines, do you think on the EZBOOK 2 it would be able to run all the drivers properly?

Andreas
    Participant

I also bought from gearbest.com.  I re-installed Win 10, activated and setup the drivers and all is good.  Reviews indicated YEPO to be a little better in terms of craftsmanship.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@alsetema The EZbook 2 is a better deal in my mind. Better screen, activated legit Windows and faster, larger 10,000 mah battery, smoother more responsive. Linux runs on both, but you’ll run into display and audio issues.

The only things better with the YEPO is the 128GB eMMC (at least my version) and thermals, which are poor on the EZBook2. if Windows 10 would activate, I would say it’s okay for 180 euros. But since mine will not its hard to recommend it. I’ll have to do a clean install of Windows 10 and buy a key off eBay to activate it.

Seems no matter what I do RAM is stuck at 1066Mhz, in itself isn’t a deal breaker, but makes it lag behind the EZBook 2 which feels really quick for a Z8300.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Alsetema
    Participant

@chris Mine did come with an activated version of Windows 10 :O, but now I realise the EZBOOK might have been a good deal too, but I think I am happy with this one, Can’t really feel any lagging, and it runs smoothly (Or at least for my standards) So I think I will keep it, and maybe In a future, sell it and buy the EZBOOK 3 If it’s out, or whatever cheap laptop is best for the time. Thank you for your advice though.

About the RAM thing, apparently after contacting YEPO, the RAM seems to be overclockable, (According to them) But it won’t show in the task manager (Which doesn’t make any sense to me). But they claim that the laptop has a better performance if you set it to 1600Mhz, regardless of what Task Manager shows.

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

From Baidu, given by Yepo’s support, on Mega now! Drivers Here

https://actiftech.com

marius
    Participant

I  have the same problem , is set on 1060mhz , is any bios update? Big difference between 1600 and 1060. So how can we resolve this?

Alsetema
    Participant

@chris @w3qweer I was messing arround with the BIOS Memory settings, and I have no idea what i changed or if I changed anything, but now task manager shows 1600Mhz!!

Check it out here:

AH
    Participant

Hey all

I have been thinking about buying this for work. Really all am after is a lightweight laptop, word, excel, and Google Chrome. However the catch there is there will be at least 3 word and excel docs open at any one time together with a lot of tabs in Chrome.

Is that laptop capable of doing this or would it lag behind and am better off buying a brand?

Alsetema
    Participant

I’m not sure if you’d manage to do all that with Chrome, since it’s a RAM monster, and this laptop doesn’t really have an awesome RAM, eventhough it’s decent if you make it run at 1600MHZ. This said, I have done what you want to achieve with Edge browser and Firefox, and a couple of word documents open, and it works just fine, no important lags, maybe a bit if you have 5 youtube tabs open, but that’s about it. So i think if you use another browser that won’t eat all of your ram, you can perfectly achieve what you want with decent performance, after all, it’s what I use the laptop for too.

AH
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Happy to replace the browser, as long as outlook, word, excel and few tabs in edge or firefox work fine.

Any other dramas with that laptop?

Alsetema
    Participant

Probably the keys for me, since I come from a mechanical keyboard and a different layout, and this laptop’s keys have a different feel and are located weirdly for me, but I think this is a particular topic, and I’ll get used to the keyboard and typing in it in no time.

Jorge
    Participant

Hello, I’m in the same problem with memory speed. Can you put a photo of bios ram settings now it works at 1600mhz?, Thank you so much.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password