Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    mogola
    Participant

yeppo 737a I can’t find the battery Please help me

tetageek
    Participant

Hi.

My ezbook v3 has same battery problem. I Want to replace but when open it does not same pcb.perhaps you could help me to repair. Thanks a lot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

administrateur web du site Objets publicitaires écologique

Alex
    Participant

Hello, everyone. I have a Ezbook 3 pro with a slightly different battery from the template of this tutorial. A TH140A (Which instead of being retangulated is a square). I am with doubts as to the weld, because unlike the other batteries posted here in the Topic, the two parts are welded directly on the batteries as you can see in the image below. If the tutorial can be made for the model of my battery, I intend to buy the batteries to weld too, because my original battery are swollen.

I also have this same battery, my battery last less than 5 min full charged.

one side of the battery looks like it’s going to explode, i removed the battery and i don’t know what should i do with it, is it safe to disassemble it?

Greedo77
    Participant

Hello, everyone. I have a Ezbook 3 pro with a slightly different battery from the template of this tutorial. A TH140A (Which instead of being retangulated is a square). I am with doubts as to the weld, because unlike the other batteries posted here in the Topic, the two parts are welded directly on the batteries as you can see in the image below. If the tutorial can be made for the model of my battery, I intend to buy the batteries to weld too, because my original battery are swollen.

I also have this same battery, my battery last less than 5 min full charged. one side of the battery looks like it’s going to explode, i removed the battery and i don’t know what should i do with it, is it safe to disassemble it?

Disconnect the battery and dispose of it in the bin, do not try and tamper with it as it will likely explode.  One of the two battery cells in my EZ book had swollen the same way and i replaced the battery.  The laptop will run off the power supply without a battery so you can use it that way safely and then order a replacement battery.

Alex
    Participant

I also have this same battery, my battery last less than 5 min full charged. one side of the battery looks like it’s going to explode, i removed the battery and i don’t know what should i do with it, is it safe to disassemble it?

Disconnect the battery and dispose of it in the bin, do not try and tamper with it as it will likely explode. One of the two battery cells in my EZ book had swollen the same way and i replaced the battery. The laptop will run off the power supply without a battery so you can use it that way safely and then order a replacement battery.

Thanks man

did you have the same battery? if yes where did you find a new one?

i have hard time to find it

Greedo77
    Participant

Disconnect the battery and dispose of it in the bin, do not try and tamper with it as it will likely explode. One of the two battery cells in my EZ book had swollen the same way and i replaced the battery. The laptop will run off the power supply without a battery so you can use it that way safely and then order a replacement battery.

Thanks man did you have the same battery? if yes where did you find a new one? i have hard time to find it

I ordered the below, although they are not in stock any more.  Currently they are still working and do not appear to have swollen, but the discharge time is very inconsistent as sometimes they’ll be fine for a few hours and other they will drain after little usage (eg fully charged and then put the laptop to sleep/shutdown and there is very little power remaining when switched back on again).   At first they worked well, with long usage times, so not sure if they are failing or I didnt calibrate them properly when i first installed them.  Or maybe its something caused by the charger or a PCB component being poor quality.

I would love to have another go at installing a replacement battery, if it would mean a fully reliable laptop again, as aside from that issue i like everything else about the laptop and its still working well for me.  Its just currently the battery life can be unpredictable and so i pretty much always plug in to the mains while using.

Curious to hear how has anyone else found their laptop since replacing their batteries?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32531318879.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.2.5ed76c5ezgLRQX&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10342_10547_10325_10343_10340_10548_10341_10696_10192_10190_10084_10083_10618_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_10869_10868_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620,searchweb201603_16,ppcSwitch_2&algo_expid=5d70c63e-4f6d-46e6-ae9b-e5d51edc062b-0&algo_pvid=5d70c63e-4f6d-46e6-ae9b-e5d51edc062b&priceBeautifyAB=0

Alex
    Participant

Without soldering skills, I guess I’m left with a laptop that only works when plugged in 🙁

Giannis
    Participant

Hello friend. I replaced the faulty batteries of my EZBook 3 Pro back in October or November 2018. I since make very light use of the laptop for my office work (light browsing, word, excel etc). Today, depending on the usage, the batteries could last up to 7 hours (usually it lasts about 6 1/2 hours)  with 25 – 30% screen brightness and battery saver on. I must mention that when I bought the batteries (8100 mAh), I also bought a new charger, because the original one is very bad. Concerning your problem with inconsistent battery drainage, this also happens with my batteries and has been happening since I bought them. When fully charged they drain quickly until they reach 85%, then the drainage is normal and then when the batteries reach 12-13% they drain quickly again. When the laptop is in sleep mode the batteries drain slowly most of the times. I should point out that I have no special knowledge of this kind of stuff and I don’t know why this happens.

Luca
    Participant

Well, my replacement batteries from AliExpress started to leak, they would neither recharge anymore nor power the ezbook at all.
    I’ll need to find new replacement batteries, but this time I don’t want any chinese crap cell, I’ll look for japanese cells. Anyone’s got any source? Thank you

Walter
    Participant

I abandoned this machine quite a while ago. Even after getting the new batteries sorted it still always ended up being a hassle to use and I got tired of the frustration.  I’m sorry to hear about your batteries, but it may be a sign to finally move on to something better.

Luca
    Participant

I don’t think it’s that bad, considering how cheap it was.
    I’m giving it a new try with japanese cell batteries and see what happens. If I can’t sort it out with those, I’ll pass this to my mother, who only uses her computer at home, so she does not really even need batteries 😀

max
    Participant

…where I can buy japanese cell battery ?

ezbook 3pro rulez

Luca
    Participant

AliExpress, as usual

akram
    Participant
    1. I don’t own a Jumper 3 Pro; instead, I have the “better” 3 model with 256GB initially built in by the factory (now upgraded to 512GB). It’s been running for five months daily with only a 5.4% battery wear.
    2. I also own a Thomson KNOX, which is quite similar to the Jumper 3 Pro and may even share the same battery, but I haven’t been able to find a replacement battery for it. It has undergone three months of light use with 0% wear.
    3. To properly perform the task, soldering is necessary (a cheap soldering iron with a thin tip costing a few euros will suffice), although I’ve mentioned alternative methods.
    4. For precise measurements, a caliper (see attached picture) from a local China store costs around 1 Euro.
    5. Batteries expand during operation due to heat. Therefore, trying to fit a 6 mm battery into a space less than 4 mm wide will likely result in complications. While it’s technically possible, you may need longer screws, and there might be a slight ventilation gap in the bottom lid.
    6. To address the battery issue effectively, please provide your Jumper model, the date of purchase, the vendor, and the
    <form class=”stretch mx-2 flex flex-row gap-3 last:mb-2 md:mx-4 md:last:mb-6 lg:mx-auto lg:max-w-2xl xl:max-w-3xl”>

</form>

akram
    Participant

Thanks man did you have the same battery? if yes where did you find a new one? i have hard time to find it

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar