Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    Emrah
    Participant

Ok, this is definitely working now. 4 hours and 30 minutes of video playback (Looping a movie using the Movies and TV app) at 40% brightness and 10% volume. Still 60% strong. Still falls into “light use” (look at HW info chart, Movies & TV UWP app is quite efficient), but still, this is over 8 hours of battery now. Before it was less than 3. Least I can do is recommend the seller (H BBA). And, I also recommend checking the voltage of the cells when you first get them. If it is not equal for both of the cells, charge them manually. Be careful not to overcharge them, though. Watch the temperature. It would have saved me a big headache. Paco

Hello @Paco, thanks for your help for this great device. I ordered the same batteries from the seller you recommended.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L463-3-7V-8100mAH-4812080-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-battery-for-tablet-pc-power-bank/32800900225.html

I plugged them in my laptop, and now i can use my laptop anywhere, not just connected to the power plug (was a disaster for a laptop before)

But i dont understand something, your and almost everyone’s screenshot of battery bar shows the same capacity 48.000 mwh but mine shows only 36.480 mwh.. why is it like that? the same laptop, same seller and battery. do you think now its only working 1 cell but not the second one? Any advise? @chupa

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kieran
    Participant

Hi everyone,

It seems quite a few people have successfully replaced faulty batteries with those available on Aliexpress. I was just wondering how well these batteries are doing a few months after replacement.

I’ve got the same faulty battery issue and I’m just trying to decide if it is worth investing the time and money in replacing the battery. As I only ever bought this laptop as a stop-gap and I’m not completely convinced it’s going to last very long anyway, I won’t bother replacing the battery with the aliexpress ones if they don’t last very long.

Anybody want to report on how their replaced battery is doing? @paco maybe?

Giannis
    Participant

Hello @kieran. I bought the 8100 mAh batteries from Aliexpress and I installed them in October 2018. Since then I had no problems, but I make light use of my EZBOOK 3 PRO (Word, Excel, light browsing, 30% screen brightness, battery saver on). At the moment depending on the usage the batteries will last between 5.30 and 6 hours. The only thing that I faced is the fact that the batteries from the very start of their usage lose 20% of their power in the first half an hour and then everything is normal. For me it is worth buying these batteries, because the laptop has no other important fault, except the one with the batteries.

Attachments:
    kieran
    Participant

Hi @Giannis, thanks a lot for getting back to me. That’s strange that you lose 20% in the first half hour, but 5.5–6 hours on a single charge isn’t too bad at all.

Thanks again!

kieran
    Participant

@Walter @Luca @Nick @euplio @Sergio @steve @Galen G. Cortes @Paco @tomek @Emrah, how are your batteries doing? How long does a full charge last now it’s been a few months since you changed them?

@ngongut99, you said you were down to 1hr 30mins after 3 months, are they dead now?

Kdog
    Participant

The batteries are still working fine after replaced for 5 months.

Attachments:
    macleod san
    Participant

Hello, everyone.
    I have a Ezbook 3 pro with a slightly different battery from the template of this tutorial. A TH140A (Which instead of being retangulated is a square). I am with doubts as to the weld, because unlike the other batteries posted here in the Topic, the two parts are welded directly on the batteries as you can see in the image below. If the tutorial can be made for the model of my battery, I intend to buy the batteries to weld too, because my original battery are swollen.

Attachments:
    Marco
    Participant

I don’ t think the black battery is a ZBOOK 3 PRO battery, since the connector is located in the mid part of the battery side. This means that you can’ t reach the mobo connector on the PC side. Can you share with us a pic of the black square battery installed in the Zbook, please?

YoLo
    Participant

I did the same thing as others and bought these: 2 x 8100mah, 3.7V

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L463-3-7V-8100mAH-4812080-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-battery-for-tablet-pc-power-bank/32800900225.html

I charged it to 40% before I slept, next day, it was 32%. I charged it to 70% in the morning before work. When I got to work to continue charging, I turned it on and it said 56%. (70 to 56% in only 45mins while it was off)

I’m hoping if I charge it to 100% and discharge to when the laptop shutdown itself from low battery, this will fix the problem. =/

Before I installed it, I used a voltmeter and each battery said 3.8V. Seemed reasonable. After installed, I checked on the curcuit and it said 7.6. So I plugged it into to ezbook and turn it on.

bernd1
    Participant

Can tell some one, what is the white wire in the middle of the batterypacks connection to the the ez-book for?

macleod san
    Participant

I don’t have the whole battery anymore. I disassembled and grabbed the control connector. Researching I found that the models of the Ezbook 3L Pro (14 “inch) are coming with this battery. I got a video of a model just like mine for you to see. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1DXW-2LOaA
    (You can see the battery inside at 3:00)

My doubt is just how to weld the wires. Should I buy two 3.85 batteries and connect them both in control or buy a ready 7.6 and choose one to conect?

YoLo
    Participant

I did the same thing as others and bought these: 2 x 8100mah, 3.7V https://www.aliexpress.com/item/L463-3-7V-8100mAH-4812080-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-battery-for-tablet-pc-power-bank/32800900225.html I charged it to 40% before I slept, next day, it was 32%. I charged it to 70% in the morning before work. When I got to work to continue charging, I turned it on and it said 56%. (70 to 56% in only 45mins while it was off) I’m hoping if I charge it to 100% and discharge to when the laptop shutdown itself from low battery, this will fix the problem. =/ Before I installed it, I used a voltmeter and each battery said 3.8V. Seemed reasonable. After installed, I checked on the curcuit and it said 7.6. So I plugged it into to ezbook and turn it on.

Update: I charged to 100%, then set to high performance, max brightness on screen and looped a 720p video until it shutdown at 5% battery. Lasted just over 4 hrs. Hopefully, if I cycle the battery a few more times, it should be okay.

I think this seems reasonable?

zatsando
    Participant

@YoLo which ezbook did you have? because i dont think these batteries can connect with the ezbook 3 pro…

YoLo
    Participant

@YoLo which ezbook did you have? because i dont think these batteries can connect with the ezbook 3 pro…

I have an Ezbook 3 pro. Those are the same 8100mAH batteries other people have tried.

Mine seems to be fine so far.

Francisco
    Participant

I have installed the batteries of 8100mAh, I am quite satisfied because they mount perpectamente in the laptop and its autonomy reaches 6 hours. much better than the old batteries before breaking.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password