Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

This topic contains 153 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  Quickbook Support 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Chris G
    Keymaster

Looks like a RTM release to me, no watermark.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Martijn
    Participant

I installed Windows 10 too with the method you provided Chris. Thank you for that.

But I can’t activate it. It says that the activation server has blocked the key. If I use the key of the former Windows 8.1 installation it says it’s not correct.

Have you guys the same problem?

goudaj
    Participant

Is that Chuwi provided image the only way to get Windows 10 onto the tablet? I’ve tried to download it twice (from the TechTablets download section and the Google Drive mirror) but both times the RAR was corrupt. I got the actual ISO from DreamSpark and made a bootable USB stick with x86 Windows 10 on it but it doesn’t show up in the boot menu.

Gregy
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as you goudaj, All Images i have been downloading have been corrupted and unable to unzip the files.

Roni Alush
    Participant

How do I setup screen rotation in Windows 10?

Tim
    Participant

So I got my Android back by simply reinstalling the OS Switch. Everything was still there and is working fine 🙂

Now I need to find out how to activate Windows 10 because I get the same error as Martijn.

Roni Alush
    Participant

Clean install (format) increased my Windows C drive from 13GB to 19GB.

Downloaded from Windows 10 download page, then I installed (with USB keyboard and mouse because touch didn’t work):

Chuwi Hi8 Touch installer to calibrate touch (needs reboot).

Insyder app for dual boot button.

Roni Alush
    Participant

Downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft’s site will keep Windows activated

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

I’m finding the TechTablets download link to be failing and the other Google Drive link to be corrupted and I’ve tried on 3 PC’s now.

Also I’m concerned that everyone on the Chuwi forum is now saying its not activating. I tried the Windows upgrade route but it fails every time, so I feel stuck 🙁

Roni Alush
    Participant

Hi Joseph,

Try creating an istalation tool on USB stick or Micro SD card on another PC. then connect it to the tablet when Windows is on.

I recommend having a USB keyboard and mouse ready for initial Windows 10 setup.

Tool link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

Hi,

Do you mean do a fresh install? I’ve already installed “Windows 10 Home 32bit” onto my SD Card and tried by updating in windows.

I’m worried that that a fresh install wont activate as people have been saying the product key isn’t valid for windows 10. Also how would I get my product key?

Roni Alush
    Participant

I did a fresh install but it’s not a must.

It doesn’t make sense that Microsoft will deactivate Windows with their tool.

I imagine that the image provided by TechTablets comes with an unactivated version of Windows 10

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

Ok, i’ll give it a go but how do I boot from the SD Card?

Roni Alush
    Participant

I did not upgrade that way, but I don’t think you need to boot to the SD card, you just need to mount it and run an EXE file within Windows like installing any other program. Should be easy

Joseph Gregory
    Participant

Yeah that’s exactly what I tired with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 Home directly to the SD (creating D:ESD-USB) card then running “setup.exe” then when it gets to the point it installs it gets to around 30% then says “Windows 10 Installation Failed”. No idea why.

All I can think is I’m installing the wrong version maybe and that might be why, but no matter what it wont work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password