Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 image

This topic contains 153 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  Quickbook Support 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)
  • Author

Roni Alush
    Participant

That’s good to know.

Who thought that the easiest solution will turn out to be the best one.

Darren Parris
    Participant

Have exactly the same problem, have you found a solution yet?

Darren Parris
    Participant

Have exactly the same problem as you describe, have you found a solution yet?

Sven Maier
    Participant

Hi,

thx for the image. Setup works like a charm.

But in Windows and Android I’m not able to connect to any WiFi Network?

Alway: Can’t connect to this network.

Any Idea?

Andre Mendes
    Participant

Installed Win10 from oficial Update so far everything is ok.

In win i notice that battery life is smaller than in Android.

This probably uas already answerd, but can i get a microSD an work in both OS? For exemple a 32gb format it and have 16gb+16gb using diferent partition that could work on both OS?

Joe
    Participant

Hello! If anibody got problems with clean installing of win 10 2 tips:

1.) Use only Media Creation tool from Microsoft to make the install media!

2.) Only English win 10 ll work perfectly (drivers and activation)

Benjamin Buban
    Participant

Hello, I tried to install the rar files through WINPE drive, but there was error and on start there is always blue screen and it says that it has to be repaired.  Do you have any solution for me?

Chuman
    Participant

I removed all the partition and clean installed Windows 10 removing Android is there any way I can restore Windows and Android dual boot structure.. Also the image in this url is it both Windows10 and Android ?

http://techtablets.com/2015/07/chuwi-hi8-windows-10-image-with-recovery-partiton/

Please help

GCole
    Participant

Hi Guys, I see a lot of people having problems here so I thought I would throw my experience into the mix.

FYI, I have done a clean install of windows 10 Home 32 bit (no dual boot) in a couple of ways without problems.  Here is a brief description on how I did it the easiest way.

1. formatted a 8gb usb stick using Rufas utility, (fat 32 with name WINPE) this can also be done on another machine using diskpart commands but by far the easiest is Rufus
    2. Downloaded the Windows 10 Home edition 32bit from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
    3. unpacked said WHE32 using winrar to root of usb stick, also created a folder to store the drivers that I got from this site “double driver util”, I also had to download the touch driver from this site as this is needed and installed after all else.
    4. I then attached a wireless keybrd + mouse to a powered usb 3 strip, I also attached the usb stick with all files written.
    5. plugged the usb 3 strip into the Hi8 unit
    6. powered the Hi8 while pressing the escape key, now I was presented with a few GUI options, the second option allows for boot selection.
    7. Selected to boot from my usb strip (3rd in list for me)
    8. windows started its install, I selected  to custom install, this way you get to delete partitions, if you have the Android on the machine there are lot of partitions, just delete all until you are left with 1 unformated raw partition  before proceeding.  now just follow the install procedure, there should be no need to enter a windows key as this is picked up from machine.  You will have to provide a key if you are installing PRO edition.
    9. once install has finished and account created (warning: everything is really small on such a high res display of this size I had a magnifying glass handy) Its now time to run the double driver as administrator, hit restore and point to the directory where the drivers are residing on the usb stick, ok and a list should be populated. now just hit install ( there will be some promps along the way asking if you really want to install just keep hitting the install driver anyway option.  if you get presented with the option to reboot say no to this as some drivers are still installing in the background.
    10. Whilst these drivers were completing I navigated the usb stick to where I stored the touch drivers as this didn’t install with double driver util.  I right clicked the inf file and elected the install option from the presented list of options.
    11. now everything is done we can reboot.
    12. after reboot touch screen should work, we can also attach to wifi router.
    13. once attached to wifi a couple of seconds and I checked the activate option and windows was already activated.

Also this version of windows home was the latest build so no need for further big updated.

I ran the clean program in windows also and deleted everything, I have 20.3gb of free space, nice.

Sorry this was really done on the quick, hopefully all steps are understandable and I haven’t missed anything important.

Good Luck.

SG
    Participant

Hi to all,

I have the Chuwi-Hi8 with Android 4.4 and Windows 10. My problem is, since I had boot into Android I find no way to do any other things (boot again to Windows, show any menus and so on), but only run Android. Power on & Vol +/-  has no effect by me, it shows ever the welcome screen of Android with the lock. How can I switch from Android to Windows and vice versa on the fly? When I can’t go to any menu, how I can in the future change any things? May be my Chuwi-Hi8 is broken? And, in this case, what can I do to mend the fully functionality?

Please help!

Greetings

SG

Roni Alush
    Participant

Hi SG

Have you tried swiping down from top right side? There should be OS switch in the menu.

SG
    Participant

Hi Roni,

YES!!! I’ve now Widows 10 again, many thanks!

Greetings

SG

Baris Saylirs
    Participant

hello win10 build on the descriptive text , please. There rar password in a file password Have knows what

Kurokawa Junichiro
    Participant

I made a fresh and clean Windows 10 installation. Now I try to install the silead touch drivers.

How do I install them? With Doubledrivers? When I try this method I get an error message that the restore.ini is missing.

What I do wrong?

izak
    Participant

OK its seemed easy I flashed android but on windows side the boot from USB option is missing from boot manager I only see efi android and efi shell.

Any help?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password